Old 06-27-2018, 12:36 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 58 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
I consider the 2nd run Eternal discs to be stiffer than the 1st run Eternals.

And, I consider the 2nd runs to be superior to the 1st runs in every way. They look better, and fly better. Just my opinion. Probably, lots of others agree with me, since some 1st run Eternals can still be gotten online, whereas the 2nd run Eternals sold out quickly.
I think power and skill level has a lot to do with the popularity as well. The third run Sublimes are the most consistent run yet, but I imagine many players won't buy one because it's too much a meathook unless you throw 400+.

My first run orange Eternals are still my favorite Alpha, accurate to the numbers and a really dependable flight no matter much I put on it. I think I've heard ZJ call it the "truest Alpha" and I have to agree. Even though purple 2nds are amazing in their own ways, they are less of a "power fairway" and more of a "turnover tour de force".
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2018, 08:42 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 27 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
I consider the 2nd run Eternal discs to be stiffer than the 1st run Eternals.

And, I consider the 2nd runs to be superior to the 1st runs in every way. They look better, and fly better. Just my opinion. Probably, lots of others agree with me, since some 1st run Eternals can still be gotten online, whereas the 2nd run Eternals sold out quickly.
I didn't get any of the 1st runs. I'm bagging a candy pink ET, pearly blue ET, and a purple AP all 2nd run. I was referring to how much softer my blue is than my candy pink. I like to be able to dig in a little with my thumb.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 781 Times in 376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzyurpalz View Post
I didn't get any of the 1st runs. I'm bagging a candy pink ET, pearly blue ET, and a purple AP all 2nd run. I was referring to how much softer my blue is than my candy pink. I like to be able to dig in a little with my thumb.

Gotcha. The candy pink ETs are very stiff.

The 3 discs that you mention, above, are a pretty good set. Like you, I am hoping that the next run that zj1002 is mentioning will be like those.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:13 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

So is MVP molding these? why are they so over the board in consistency from run to run, are they making changes to test things out?

Just curious, im a big fan of MVP plastic and still throw my original Ions, the Streamline discs are great too and i bagged the Trace.

I've been out of the loop for a couple years.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 28
Niced 225 Times in 109 Posts

Speaking for Mint only here but consistency boils down to how neutral it is designed to fly. 0 turn / 2 fade is the design middle point of stability for any manufacturer. It's not 0/0 since those tend to be understable. So based on how its shot, it can lean one way or the other when its 0/2. Drivers end up being more volatile, "faster" wings even more so. Every 0/2 mold is like this. So that's why the Alpha does this, and why we use the Serial #.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:44 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

Thanks for the reply. So these are made by MVP though?
Old 06-27-2018, 06:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 28
Niced 225 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkimbertx View Post
I think power and skill level has a lot to do with the popularity as well. The third run Sublimes are the most consistent run yet, but I imagine many players won't buy one because it's too much a meathook unless you throw 400+.

My first run orange Eternals are still my favorite Alpha, accurate to the numbers and a really dependable flight no matter much I put on it. I think I've heard ZJ call it the "truest Alpha" and I have to agree. Even though purple 2nds are amazing in their own ways, they are less of a "power fairway" and more of a "turnover tour de force".
Yeah the Yellow/Pink/Orange Eternal from the 1st Run are definitely the flight we had seen in the test runs before production. We want that flight when possible. And not to hype it up too much...but the Glow I've been testing is just a tick more stable than those first run Eternal Oranges and I'm absolutely in love with it. Its my favorite Alpha in the bag right now. Fits somewhere between my Sublime 3rd and those 1st runs.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-27-2018, 07:04 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 176 Times in 95 Posts

Let the hype commence. I’ll take 5, like yesterday
Old 06-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 58 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Yeah the Yellow/Pink/Orange Eternal from the 1st Run are definitely the flight we had seen in the test runs before production. We want that flight when possible. And not to hype it up too much...but the Glow I've been testing is just a tick more stable than those first run Eternal Oranges and I'm absolutely in love with it. Its my favorite Alpha in the bag right now. Fits somewhere between my Sublime 3rd and those 1st runs.
which of the three eternal plastics does the glow feel most similar to?

Old 07-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Par Member

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Looking for a candy pink ET if anyone has one to part with. Would trade a FR pink ET.