just practicing

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 48 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
why dont you bag an ion or volt
I actually LOVE how Volts feel and fly, but I’m having a tough time finding a spot for one in my bag. Still, my lineup is anything but settled, and I really want one in the bag, so it might happen.

Ions I’m not so sure about. I haven’t really had any experience with them yet, and I’m not sure if I’d need to try them with how my putting feels right now using Anodes. I hear they’re good driving putters, but with that unique inner rim and my disaster of a grip, I don’t think I’d have too much luck. I will say I’m not opposed to tossing one to try though. No reason to be close-minded.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 12-22-2018, 01:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,953 Times in 2,101 Posts

I feel the same way about the Volt. There is actually one in my bag even though its not in my sig. Pretty much every time I throw it, it does exactly what I want it to. I just don't find myself with that shot very much and most of the time, forget its even in there. The crave flies pretty much the same line just tighter and a bit shorter. So I usually just wind up throwing that. The Volt mostly gets pulled in a headwind where the speed keeps it on line better than the crave.

You tried the Insanity yet Sias? Great slightly US 10speed. Great for rollers, woodsy turnovers and flip to flat tunnels.

Oh, btw if you haven't been warned yet, MVP discs, especially older ones if you got any, take a long time to break in, so don't expect to get a cycle going right away. I've had a crave in my bag since May '14 and it still flies pretty much the same, with just less fade. Havent really tried too many of the 2 highest speed classes much, so I cant comment on how those break in.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 12-22-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:33 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

Sias I was glad to see you do well in that tournament,

I second brutus on the insanity, in neutron it has a controllable turnover, but plasma is better for rollers it has a little more flip to get them down easier.. its one of the only understable discs i like from MVP.

MVP/Axiom molds have a TON of overlap in flight and speed, so for me it came down to eliminating the overlap. For example: Volt, Wrath, Tesla can all serve the same purpose and fill the same role, like a volt speed 8 is not going to be much different distance wise than a speed 9 tesla. Personally, i have to go from speed 3 Envy to their speed 6.5 fairway drivers (resistor, servo) before i see enough of a difference distance wise to justify adding any of their midrange options.

Another thing is plastic types, the 3 Envy i bag all fly differently and even have different amounts of glide. Give the same mold in multiple plastics a try before you rule out a mold. Sadly even withing the same plastic sometimes various colors can fly differently, i would like them to be more consistent but the truth is every company i have thrown is the same way.

If i had to pick only 2 discs to play with for the rest of my life:
Soft N Envy
N Photon

Old 12-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,110 Times in 565 Posts

Wait, I had no idea Titanic Sinks was Sias Elmore.

I would always see you in the DGA threads, Sias, but thought you were just a knowledgeable fan, not that you could actually golf.

Good luck this year, and enjoy throwing that GYRO!

Old 12-22-2018, 12:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,953 Times in 2,101 Posts

Definitely need a Siasquatch tour disc with art by Zamson…

Niced: (1)
Old 12-22-2018, 01:36 PM
just practicing

I haven’t tried an Insanity yet, but I seem to be getting the feeling that maybe I should. Not sure why. Maybe it’s because it’s been recommended to me about 15 times in the last 4 days! I’ll be giving it a shot!

I can’t speak to durability yet, but all signs point in the right direction.

In4d, I’m liking the Soft N Envy a lot, but I’ll admit that the Photon is not my favorite. I’m curious what you like about it. I may just be thinking about it incorrectly and expecting it to do what it isn’t supposed to do.

Old 12-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Putters are Spin for lid-type shots, Ion for putt & approach and N Envy for FH, or anything needing a power grip.
Just a tiny change, and you described my putter game perfectly

Old 12-22-2018, 08:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 6
Niced 457 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic_Sinks View Post
I haven’t tried an Insanity yet, but I seem to be getting the feeling that maybe I should. Not sure why. Maybe it’s because it’s been recommended to me about 15 times in the last 4 days! I’ll be giving it a shot!

I can’t speak to durability yet, but all signs point in the right direction.
I'll add another vote for an Insanity. I have a slightly gummy proton one that has been one of my go-to discs for a few seasons. I don't have a huge arm at all, but I can throw that thing on a frozen rope line out to 320' easily enough. Love that thing!!

The durability is also amazing. I've had a proton ion that's been thoroughly abused for a couple years now and it still flies exactly the same.

Was also excited to see you putting anodes. I throw a soft proton one and putt firm electron ones. Underrated, awesome putter!

And I could be wrong here (and someone here will surely verify one way or another) but referencing the ion, don't they share a core with the anode?
Old 12-22-2018, 08:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 6
Niced 457 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Definitely need a Siasquatch tour disc with art by Zamson…
I'd buy a stack of these!! Wouldn't even care what discs they were.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:21 PM
just practicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Was also excited to see you putting anodes. I throw a soft proton one and putt firm electron ones. Underrated, awesome putter!

And I could be wrong here (and someone here will surely verify one way or another) but referencing the ion, don't they share a core with the anode?
I’m pretty sure it’s the same core, but I only putt with them, no tee shots. I don’t think I’d have any issue putting Ions, I just happen to prefer that Anode feel right now. I don’t know if I’d ever THROW either mold because of my lame grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I'd buy a stack of these!! Wouldn't even care what discs they were.
Awww!

Closed Thread