Old 03-12-2019, 06:17 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 220 Times in 67 Posts
Default AllDiscs - A tool for comparing all discs

Hey guys,

An intern and I have developed this quick and easy tool to compare all PDGA approved discs. You can quickly sort by flight ratings, disc type, manufacturer, and more. Hopefully it's a useful tool for some of you who like to compare molds! Could be useful for finding similar discs across brands, etc.

If you have any feedback, let me know! I'm still working on adding some links to the OOP discs to the info I can find about them.

www.alldiscs.com
Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 325 Times in 144 Posts
Default High Level: Awesome job, fantastic tool

Impressive, and very well done. This is right in my wheelhouse so I appreciate the time and effort that went into developing this tool.

When evaluating projects like this, I approach it from design, functionality, and impact.

Design
This is well laid out. Upon entering the page, the sorting filters are obvious and easy to manipulate. The column headers are clear and easy to understand at a glance. The search and print functions are obvious, without cluttering the design. Same goes for the 'Entries' filtering. I like the simple black and white design, but in time suspect you'll consider adding a splash of color. I would consider keeping that to a minimum...

Functionality
The 'Brand' category is very well built out, almost to excess. But, I understand the desire to be all inclusive. I would consider using the brand nomenclature over spelling it out (DGA instead of Disc Golf Association)

The layout of the columns is well thought out and effective. Personally, I don't need the 'In Production' or 'Date Approved' column, but it is interesting and I can see the benefits of that long-term.

The data filters quickly and the UI is very intuitive if you've spent much time in excel...

Impact
This will increase web revenue! From a marketing perspective, you've developed a tool that will undoubtedly increase site traffic and conversions. By consolidating 3rd party data you are positioning Infinite as the 'one stop shop' for disc related research. To me, this also promotes repeat business because you're providing a tool to help golfers to compare their existing discs with ones they may be interested in and gives consumers a direct path from research to buy.

This will obviously help raise awareness of Infinite on a more global level as there are not many comparable tools available today.

Nice job!

Old 03-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 27
Niced 270 Times in 168 Posts

Nice.

One thing that would be good to add is to have an update button somewhere after selecting the range for either Speed, Glide, Turn, or Fade. Now you have to click on the Header to update which isn't immediately intuitive. Don't know if it makes a difference but I'm using a Firefox browser.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-12-2019, 09:57 PM

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Looks like a great start, I love comparing discs like this. My game is not great but I still love trying plastic, hoping to find the right magic disc that will turn my game around ��

One suggestion, It might be useful or interesting to either click on the name or add a column to display the available plastic for each mold.

Keep up the great work!

Old 03-13-2019, 01:45 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 677 Times in 582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynocksOnMyFalcon View Post
Looks like a great start, I love comparing discs like this. My game is not great but I still love trying plastic, hoping to find the right magic disc that will turn my game around ��

One suggestion, It might be useful or interesting to either click on the name or add a column to display the available plastic for each mold.

Keep up the great work!
Never really the magic disc just the molds and plastics of discs that work best for you, just keep looking for that right fit of discs and plastics.

Tip I have learned if a loved mold is going oop try to either find a replacement mold or buy as many of the disc you loved.

Two, no three examples of OOP molds and what I did for it.
I had a Z XL die get too worn out the XL was going oop in all plastic except Pro D and found Stalker a better version of what the XL should be in Z (still have a newer XL in ESP IN bag) but since I liked the Stalker so I stalked up on that mold recently I have 6 back ups and that should last a long time due to how long Z lasts. Th Impact only in ESP was going oop so I stalked up as the closest mold was the Wombat/Wombat 3 mold in FEEL & FLIGHT combined was NOT that close was a slower mold as I feel the Glide actual closest disc to an Impact in flight should be made in a more grip plastic as sometimes Z can feel really hard and stiff from Discraft.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 03-13-2019 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,065 Times in 630 Posts

I thought that DGPuttheads worked with Infinite on this chart.

https://flightcharts.dgputtheads.com/puttergrid.html
Old 03-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 120
Niced 241 Times in 94 Posts

Would be great to also have info and be able to sort by things like rim width, rim depth, rim config, disc height and other measurements.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:49 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 220 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
Impressive, and very well done. This is right in my wheelhouse so I appreciate the time and effort that went into developing this tool.

When evaluating projects like this, I approach it from design, functionality, and impact.
Thank you for the great overlook and review! It is very helpful to hear such detail, much appreciated!

Thanks to everyone else for the comments and suggestions as well! I'm looking at ways to help expand the data moving forward, I think it would be pretty cool to have the dimensions and stuff as well, possibly in columns that could be hidden/unhidden by the front end user.

Anyway, I hope you guys are able to find some use out of this, thanks again for the suggestions!

Niced: (2)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 480 Times in 307 Posts

This appears not to align correctly on Internet Explorer 11... yeah I know, but just an FYI.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 244 Times in 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
This appears not to align correctly on Internet Explorer 11... yeah I know, but just an FYI.
IE is still a thing?