Old 07-16-2019, 05:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 941 Times in 522 Posts

Z.

Stays fresher, longer. It's dry in socal, so grip isn't an issue. Aesthetically, my favorite run was the 2017 Tour Series. Slightly opaque, pearly radial lines, and shimmer dust. (Only 2 freshies left, and 4 clean enough to still bag.)

Next would be the Cryztal Sparkle from 2017 Ledgestone. That plastic was the good ol' rock hard Cryztal. No FLXness to it.

Discraft is on a swirly/burst ESP kick right now, so I'll probably be buying some production run Z by the year's end. No bother. Same flight, cheaper price.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-16-2019, 07:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 32
Niced 469 Times in 287 Posts

I always keep an ESP in my bag. Right now I've got a swirly blue one with a killer bee in the middle. It hasn't taken much a beating yet so it's flying 5/4/0/1.

If the course calls for it I'll put in Glow Z which flies 5/4/0/2. Every max weight Glow Z Buzzz I've had started out that stable & stayed that way for a long time.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 82
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

ESP FLX was the best plastic for at least a Buzzz. The Z FLX is not near as good or as stable. The ESP FLX holds a line much better. I'm always looking for a good shape FLX.

Next for me is probably the Z plastic. Some people recommend the Glo but I have never seen a difference.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:55 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 669 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
ESP FLX was the best plastic for at least a Buzzz. The Z FLX is not near as good or as stable. The ESP FLX holds a line much better. I'm always looking for a good shape FLX.

Next for me is probably the Z plastic. Some people recommend the Glo but I have never seen a difference.
Z FLX is great for some molds but the Buzz not so much, the disc tends to not sit as well as the old ESP FLX plastic did for a Buzz. The Comet was the same way, ESP FLX for a Comet made the mold one of the best approach discs, only ever got to see one fly in person and never got to throw one. Of course this was an messed up ESP before the FLX was added to the name of the disc to salvage a mistake that Discraft made with a plastic.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,384 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Z FLX is great for some molds but the Buzz not so much, the disc tends to not sit as well as the old ESP FLX plastic did for a Buzz. The Comet was the same way, ESP FLX for a Comet made the mold one of the best approach discs, only ever got to see one fly in person and never got to throw one. Of course this was an messed up ESP before the FLX was added to the name of the disc to salvage a mistake that Discraft made with a plastic.
Can you please stop pulling information out of your *** and posting it like it's truth? ESP FLX Comets were never made.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-17-2019, 06:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 480 Times in 307 Posts

Seems like any flexible plastic is a little prone to variation run to run, more so than champ and star equivalent, anyway. I very much like my ZFLX Zone for what it's worth, seems very middle of the road as far as stability goes.

Anecdotally, my max wt ZGlo Buzzz is pretty neutral, relative to what I was expecting (a nice stable buzzz). Flew essentially the same line as my fresh X buzzz and about the same as any other fresh buzzz I've encountered. The most stable buzzz I have found was probably an ESPFLX... then again, my current ESPFLX is the straightest buzzz I've ever thrown off the shelf. New Ti buzzes seem like a safe bet for stability.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 553 Times in 405 Posts

I personally prefer the Z Glo as they are typically nice and stable and have a longer life in that flight. But standard Z is great. ESP is fine if you want it to wear in eventually. I could see people carrying combo of new Z, worn Z, worn ESP and get 3 flights.

but to answer the question MY fav is a fresh Z (glo or not)
Old 07-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Par Member

Niced 104 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I personally prefer the Z Glo as they are typically nice and stable and have a longer life in that flight. But standard Z is great. ESP is fine if you want it to wear in eventually. I could see people carrying combo of new Z, worn Z, worn ESP and get 3 flights.

but to answer the question MY fav is a fresh Z (glo or not)
There are some gorgeous Z Sparkle Buzzzs on Infinite right now.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 188
Niced 1,568 Times in 910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Can you please stop pulling information out of your *** and posting it like it's truth? ESP FLX Comets were never made.
na bruh my cousins brothers friend had one in about 1993 and it was great

Old 07-19-2019, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 553 Times in 405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
There are some gorgeous Z Sparkle Buzzzs on Infinite right now.
I snagged a couple a lil over a year ago when the sparkle glo came out - I still have 1 unthrown, the other is in my bag and is still laser straight. Yeah they started stable-OS and now its a perfect buzz. I pair it with an MD4 and most my mid range drives are covered.