Old 06-03-2019, 12:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 606 Times in 444 Posts

Had a ton of great shots with the Pilot this past weekend. official: its more stable than initial numbers suggest. My stamp says 2/5/-1/1 or something like that. and its really 2/5/0/1.5 (or even a 2) I honestly am happy its more stable, seperates from the Proxy a lot and my Atom is still stable just a touch faster and less glide than a N Pilot. Digging it a lot. Nice for elevation touch shots and runs at the basket. overall a random pickup that now is in my bag for the summer. not sure if that will change but....I really think its a great disc. that's all.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 288 Times in 167 Posts

Plasma pilots for the MVP open are up on infinite and they are beautiful. Too bad I wasn’t a fan of the neutron pilot.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 144 Times in 77 Posts

Has anybody thrown a Proton Pilot yet?
Old 08-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 109 Times in 66 Posts

Sias Elmore commented in Facebook that it feels flatter than Neutron and maybe touch more stable. I find it interesting as my Neutrons are already completely flat. But maybe it has smaller shoulder, making it feel shallower and flatter. Which would be great.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 7
Niced 144 Times in 77 Posts

That sounds perfect. I can't wait to pick one up and see if it can replace my Pure as my main throwing putter.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:38 AM

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

has anybody experience with the glow pilots yet?
Old 11-04-2019, 07:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 49
Niced 477 Times in 318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasco da neumi View Post
has anybody experience with the glow pilots yet?
I threw one in my bag right away. (almost my entire bag is color glow) The glow factor of this disc isn't stellar and the colors are pretty muted when compared to Color Glow C-Line/Champion, but it looks nice enough.

Flight is a bit more understable than the Neutron, but that's likely because the softer plastic comes out a bit tighter in the shoulder. I really like the feel of the plastic and the slightly more understable flight gives me more confidence in knowing how to throw as it matches my slightly seasoned Electron Pilots more closely.

How I'd rate my bagged Pilots if all thrown: (Electrons are just for putting and long approaches)
Beat Electron: 2/4/-2/0
Used Electron: 2/4/-1/.5
Eclipse: 2/3.5/-.5/.5
Neutron: 2/3/0/1
Old 11-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 161 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
I threw one in my bag right away. (almost my entire bag is color glow) The glow factor of this disc isn't stellar and the colors are pretty muted when compared to Color Glow C-Line/Champion, but it looks nice enough.

Flight is a bit more understable than the Neutron, but that's likely because the softer plastic comes out a bit tighter in the shoulder. I really like the feel of the plastic and the slightly more understable flight gives me more confidence in knowing how to throw as it matches my slightly seasoned Electron Pilots more closely.

How I'd rate my bagged Pilots if all thrown: (Electrons are just for putting and long approaches)
Beat Electron: 2/4/-2/0
Used Electron: 2/4/-1/.5
Eclipse: 2/3.5/-.5/.5
Neutron: 2/3/0/1
Plasma and Neutron/Plasma blends are pretty same to the Eclipse. Neutron is by far the most stable. As for Electron, I actually find that Medium holds it shape and line the best in the "used" and "beat" phase. Soft Electron clovers the easiest but also has the best glide across all plastics. Firm Electron (I have been carrying some since the Winter Circuit release back in April) get a nice puddle top and the plastic has the best feel when broken in. I carry a Firm (or 2 in tournaments) for C1 putts and normally use by beat Soft Electron for C2 and step/jump putts. I then carry a Plasma for off the tee shots. I might switch to a Neutron but I prefer the Plasma grip a bit more. Although the Neutrons are so dang straight.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 49
Niced 477 Times in 318 Posts

I haven't even seen a Plasma Pilot. I'd love to get my hands on one of those! I love the look and feel of the Plasma plastic.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 161 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
I haven't even seen a Plasma Pilot. I'd love to get my hands on one of those! I love the look and feel of the Plasma plastic.
They were in the player packs for the MVP AM side this past Sept. They also sold them to benefit the competition. The leftovers were sold to Marshall Street that still has them I believe. There are people selling them on the MVP BST page on FB.