#1  
Old 02-28-2019, 11:56 AM
RootsDiscGolf's Avatar
RootsDiscGolf RootsDiscGolf is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Years Playing: 19.1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 77
Niced 36 Times in 19 Posts
Default Pro Tour Live Coverage

The DGPT released their version of in house live coverage today. Needless to say it has something to be desired, I love Nate and Val doing the commentary, but the hardware the DGPT is using must be ancient or cheap. The buffering is awful and does not look like they bothered to test this system before they launched today. I feel bad for Nate, Val and all the players involved in this problem. This was setting up to be the biggest year ever for the DGPT, but now I don't know if they will have viewers after this mess.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:05 PM
Flick Maniac's Avatar
Flick Maniac Flick Maniac is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jokela, Southern Finland
Posts: 1,706
Niced 604 Times in 327 Posts
Default

What absolute rubbish.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:08 PM
HarkeyPuck's Avatar
HarkeyPuck HarkeyPuck is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 254
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,353
Niced 205 Times in 114 Posts
Default

They could’ve at least ironed the sheet behind Val & Nate.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:09 PM
RootsDiscGolf's Avatar
RootsDiscGolf RootsDiscGolf is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Years Playing: 19.1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 77
Niced 36 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkeyPuck View Post
They could’ve at least ironed the sheet behind Val & Nate.
I was thinking the same thing, at least iron the sheet. Its really became a sheet show.. Sorry I couldn't stop myself.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:09 PM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is online now
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,239
Niced 646 Times in 298 Posts
Default

I really am not a fan of the satellite commentators. I love Nate and Val but there is a disconnect between whats actually happening and what we see. Like when Terry is there live doing the coverage with the card we get so much more and better info. Nate and Val are kinda just saying things about the shots that I am saying to myself so there really isnt any value to them being there to me. So far this is the year of devolution for the DGPT
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Myke566's Avatar
Myke566 Myke566 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 299
Niced 203 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootsDiscGolf View Post
The DGPT released their version of in house live coverage today. Needless to say it has something to be desired, I love Nate and Val doing the commentary, but the hardware the DGPT is using must be ancient or cheap. The buffering is awful and does not look like they bothered to test this system before they launched today. I feel bad for Nate, Val and all the players involved in this problem. This was setting up to be the biggest year ever for the DGPT, but now I don't know if they will have viewers after this mess.

What are your thoughts?
Not a good first impression. You cut ties with people that know what they're doing and then this is what you deliver? No thanks

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:13 PM
Chiefstang's Avatar
Chiefstang Chiefstang is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Longmont, CO
Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,501
Niced 55 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Well, they ended the stream and disabled the comments lol.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:13 PM
RootsDiscGolf's Avatar
RootsDiscGolf RootsDiscGolf is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Years Playing: 19.1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 77
Niced 36 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I really am not a fan of the satellite commentators. I love Nate and Val but there is a disconnect between whats actually happening and what we see. Like when Terry is there live doing the coverage with the card we get so much more and better info. Nate and Val are kinda just saying things about the shots that I am saying to myself so there really isnt any value to them being there to me. So far this is the year of devolution for the DGPT
To be honest, unless the commentators are following the card it really doesn't add value except to entertain while between shots and holes. They do not add anything that we cannot tell from the video feed, if they followed the card we can at least have them tell us about the weather conditions, or the mental conditions of the players, or even talk about what discs people are using. Idk..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:14 PM
RootsDiscGolf's Avatar
RootsDiscGolf RootsDiscGolf is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Years Playing: 19.1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 77
Niced 36 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
Not a good first impression. You cut ties with people that know what they're doing and then this is what you deliver? No thanks
This may cause sponsors to cut ties as well...

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:20 PM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is online now
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,239
Niced 646 Times in 298 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootsDiscGolf View Post
To be honest, unless the commentators are following the card it really doesn't add value except to entertain while between shots and holes. They do not add anything that we cannot tell from the video feed, if they followed the card we can at least have them tell us about the weather conditions, or the mental conditions of the players, or even talk about what discs people are using. Idk..
Exactly, this just seems cheap to me. The video is bad on its own but with everything else here thats bad, this is just unacceptable. I had optimism and now idk if I will tune into the mens coverage or not with how bad things are.

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cell coverage/Live coverage at Worlds Understable Tournaments & Leagues 3 06-19-2017 04:35 PM
Should the Pro Tour reevaluate its live coverage? onemilemore General Disc Golf Chat 35 07-15-2016 01:38 AM
Pro Tour: Silver Cup Coverage Announcement DGPT General Disc Golf Chat 53 07-11-2016 11:57 PM
Pro Tour: Live multi-card coverage DGPT General Disc Golf Chat 86 06-28-2016 04:28 PM
Pro Tour: Live Streaming vs Edited YouTube Coverage DGPT General Disc Golf Chat 54 06-08-2016 06:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.