Old 02-28-2019, 11:56 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 36 Times in 19 Posts
Default Pro Tour Live Coverage

The DGPT released their version of in house live coverage today. Needless to say it has something to be desired, I love Nate and Val doing the commentary, but the hardware the DGPT is using must be ancient or cheap. The buffering is awful and does not look like they bothered to test this system before they launched today. I feel bad for Nate, Val and all the players involved in this problem. This was setting up to be the biggest year ever for the DGPT, but now I don't know if they will have viewers after this mess.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-28-2019, 12:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 604 Times in 327 Posts

What absolute rubbish.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 254
Niced 205 Times in 114 Posts

They could’ve at least ironed the sheet behind Val & Nate.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:09 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkeyPuck View Post
They could’ve at least ironed the sheet behind Val & Nate.
I was thinking the same thing, at least iron the sheet. Its really became a sheet show.. Sorry I couldn't stop myself.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:09 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 171
Niced 646 Times in 298 Posts

I really am not a fan of the satellite commentators. I love Nate and Val but there is a disconnect between whats actually happening and what we see. Like when Terry is there live doing the coverage with the card we get so much more and better info. Nate and Val are kinda just saying things about the shots that I am saying to myself so there really isnt any value to them being there to me. So far this is the year of devolution for the DGPT
Old 02-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 203 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootsDiscGolf View Post
The DGPT released their version of in house live coverage today. Needless to say it has something to be desired, I love Nate and Val doing the commentary, but the hardware the DGPT is using must be ancient or cheap. The buffering is awful and does not look like they bothered to test this system before they launched today. I feel bad for Nate, Val and all the players involved in this problem. This was setting up to be the biggest year ever for the DGPT, but now I don't know if they will have viewers after this mess.

What are your thoughts?
Not a good first impression. You cut ties with people that know what they're doing and then this is what you deliver? No thanks

Old 02-28-2019, 12:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 96
Niced 55 Times in 22 Posts

Well, they ended the stream and disabled the comments lol.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:13 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I really am not a fan of the satellite commentators. I love Nate and Val but there is a disconnect between whats actually happening and what we see. Like when Terry is there live doing the coverage with the card we get so much more and better info. Nate and Val are kinda just saying things about the shots that I am saying to myself so there really isnt any value to them being there to me. So far this is the year of devolution for the DGPT
To be honest, unless the commentators are following the card it really doesn't add value except to entertain while between shots and holes. They do not add anything that we cannot tell from the video feed, if they followed the card we can at least have them tell us about the weather conditions, or the mental conditions of the players, or even talk about what discs people are using. Idk..
Old 02-28-2019, 12:14 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
Not a good first impression. You cut ties with people that know what they're doing and then this is what you deliver? No thanks
This may cause sponsors to cut ties as well...

Old 02-28-2019, 12:20 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 171
Niced 646 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootsDiscGolf View Post
To be honest, unless the commentators are following the card it really doesn't add value except to entertain while between shots and holes. They do not add anything that we cannot tell from the video feed, if they followed the card we can at least have them tell us about the weather conditions, or the mental conditions of the players, or even talk about what discs people are using. Idk..
Exactly, this just seems cheap to me. The video is bad on its own but with everything else here thats bad, this is just unacceptable. I had optimism and now idk if I will tune into the mens coverage or not with how bad things are.

Niced: (3)