Old 05-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I traded for a misprint Lucid Truth (179g) few weeks ago, and I have to say it's a good disc! It has awesome glide and it's nicely stable. Not too OS and not too US so it can fight some wind. I played a round today using Opto Pure, Opto Pain and Opto Truth as my putters and mids (JLS and Trespass for drivers) and it's a very good combo. I was throwing the Truth and Pure a lot, and when there was too much wind I used the Opto Pain. For me this combo worked very well, maybe I'd like to have something US for uphill/tailwind/straight/turnover shots also.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutteriwiritys View Post
I traded for a misprint Lucid Truth (179g) few weeks ago, and I have to say it's a good disc! It has awesome glide and it's nicely stable. Not too OS and not too US so it can fight some wind. I played a round today using Opto Pure, Opto Pain and Opto Truth as my putters and mids (JLS and Trespass for drivers) and it's a very good combo. I was throwing the Truth and Pure a lot, and when there was too much wind I used the Opto Pain. For me this combo worked very well, maybe I'd like to have something US for uphill/tailwind/straight/turnover shots also.
If you get a chance to throw the verdict it's a great OS compliment to the truth since it basically was the truth mold but came out more OS than they wanted then went back to redesign the truth. They feel almost identical in the hand. The pain is a good mid though too. I like the tursas from westside as a understable compliment but as I beat in a lucid truth more I am slowly moving the tursas out of my bags. The truth still fights out of an anny shot at the end where a tursas will hold it and is a good bit more understable when new.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

So it's sounding like I would be wise to keep my Buzzz in the bag for windy days, and also think about picking up a verdict
Old 05-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 35
Niced 170 Times in 64 Posts

I guess it depends on what weight you're throwing and what type of Truth you're thinking of picking up. I usually throw max weight (or close to max) Lucid Truths and I tend not to have a problem with them in mild winds and slightly stronger gusts, but it doesn't get Kansas or Oklahoma windy here in coastal SoCal. If I need something to fight the wind, I'll put a bit of a hyzer angle on my release or I'll use a Moonshine Truth, which I've found to be a little more OS than my regular Lucids. Anything more than that and I'm using an OS putter, or an OS driver on a powered down line.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:24 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

After a good year of throwing it, I'm noticing my red 170 Lucid Truth has a slight amount of high speed turn and very little fade. A brand new orange 170 Lucid Truth has a tick more high speed stability and a little bigger fade. So the old Lucid is starting to break in a little bit. The high speed turn in more pronounced on windy days. (I haven't thrown the fresh one yet into the wind.) When the wind really picks up, I'll reach for a Verdict.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTdisc View Post
After a good year of throwing it, I'm noticing my red 170 Lucid Truth has a slight amount of high speed turn and very little fade. A brand new orange 170 Lucid Truth has a tick more high speed stability and a little bigger fade. So the old Lucid is starting to break in a little bit. The high speed turn in more pronounced on windy days. (I haven't thrown the fresh one yet into the wind.) When the wind really picks up, I'll reach for a Verdict.
I notice the same. My lucids beat up some at first to give you a little turn and less fade but the cool thing is after that is really slows down and stays like that for a while. That's why I'm keeping two lucids in the bag. One is older and gives a little turn and then I rotate in fresh ones when I face more wind or want to hold a hyzer line. The biofuzion ones seems to wear the same but after that first break in period continue to wear a little more but still slower. They're all so close to the same but just different enough I can get some much versatility out of one mold. Just hurts the wallet sometimes because I buy them all the time.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
I guess it depends on what weight you're throwing and what type of Truth you're thinking of picking up. I usually throw max weight (or close to max) Lucid Truths and I tend not to have a problem with them in mild winds and slightly stronger gusts, but it doesn't get Kansas or Oklahoma windy here in coastal SoCal. If I need something to fight the wind, I'll put a bit of a hyzer angle on my release or I'll use a Moonshine Truth, which I've found to be a little more OS than my regular Lucids. Anything more than that and I'm using an OS putter, or an OS driver on a powered down line.
Most of mine are all close to max. The very least about 173 but I try to get the opaque lucids at 177+ because of that extra stability. I agree they hold up pretty well in some wind. Anything over about 15 mph though I usually pull out a verdict. I've found it's pretty easy to just give the truth more hyzer and let it flip up and hold straight. People who can't grasp that and have to throw hard and flat with overstable mids usually think the truth is flippy and complain but it's really not. You just have to adjust your release and let the disc do the work. It'll handle a lot of power but doesn't require it either. Pretty sweet disc I think.

Last edited by SteezeOG; 05-29-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 35
Niced 170 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Pretty sweet disc I think.
I agree. It's the only mid I carry because it's so versatile. Not many shots I can't cover with the Truth.

And I should have mentioned, but for my go-to I only throw the opaque Lucids too. I can't ever recall throwing any translucent Lucid molds.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
If you get a chance to throw the verdict it's a great OS compliment to the truth since it basically was the truth mold but came out more OS than they wanted then went back to redesign the truth. They feel almost identical in the hand. The pain is a good mid though too. I like the tursas from westside as a understable compliment but as I beat in a lucid truth more I am slowly moving the tursas out of my bags. The truth still fights out of an anny shot at the end where a tursas will hold it and is a good bit more understable when new.
I had actually meant to message you on this Steeze. My tursas finally left the bag last week (not that I hated it or anything), but my classic truth has finally beaten into the slot completely. Can hyzer flip to turn over without burning or pulling out unless you out nose up or throw the thing high. And it's taken months and months of constant abuse to get here, but it was worth it! Now I have a fresh classic, bio, and beat classic to cover everything but wind.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:03 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
I agree. It's the only mid I carry because it's so versatile. Not many shots I can't cover with the Truth.

And I should have mentioned, but for my go-to I only throw the opaque Lucids too. I can't ever recall throwing any translucent Lucid molds.
The pink first runs and any of the other translucent colors are slightly less overstable. They make a great pairing if you have a lighter weight translucent lucid and a heavy opaque one. I can sub out a fresh moonshine for the heavy lucid or a bio for the translucent lucid without much difference too.