Old 08-30-2019, 12:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 325
Niced 225 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
Craig found a DGCR diamond badge on the course and never called the number on the back.
Please show me where I said I make no attempt to contact the number and simply keep discs. I’m just speaking a reality of many players and made peace long ago that I’m not getting a disc back if I don’t find it. Some of you still seem to be holding out hope in some utopian disc golf world. I wish I still had that innocence.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by DiscGolfCraig; 08-30-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:46 AM

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 10 Posts

I was playing on a day when the course was a real quagmire and my tee shot on the last hole ended up perched precariously on the bank of a creek, with something like a 12-foot drop to the water below. After I slipped in the mud and almost ended up in the creek I left the disc lying where it was, even though it was my favorite forehand disc. It wasn't worth risking injury. I figured if someone else was willing to retrieve it they could have it. It was a found (unmarked for goodness sakes; don't look at me like that) disc that I hadn't bothered to ink. Four months later I bought it back at PIAS. Now that's karma!!
Old 08-30-2019, 12:47 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 31
Niced 346 Times in 130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
Please show me where I said I make no attempt to contact the number and simply keep discs. I’m just speaking a reality of many players and made peace long ago that I’m not getting a disc back if I don’t find it. Some of you still seem to be holding out hope in some utopian disc golf world. I wish I still had that innocence.
I get it now. You lost your sense of humor and nobody called the number on the back.

*deep hug*

Last edited by zenbot; 08-30-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 325
Niced 225 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
I get it now. You lost your sense of humor and nobody called the number on the back.

*deep hug*
Yes. Deep in the rough on hole 8.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-30-2019, 12:54 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 31
Niced 346 Times in 130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
Yes. Deep in the rough on hole 8.
Put a stick there to warn people.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-30-2019, 01:42 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 142 Times in 68 Posts

Look do what you feel right. Hey people on here and in real life are a-holes. Don't expect people act like you would. Yes putting your number on it gives you a chance that you get your disc back but it's not a guarantee. But as soon as you leave from searching for that lost disc you should have the feeling it's gone forever.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 159
Niced 451 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
All this “just look harder, never leave a man behind” stuff is fine if you play park golf. But out in the woods where the disc fairies will hide them on you sometimes the only way they get found is by someone else looking. Just the way it is.
I lost a big bead aviar on hole 9 at Zebulon DGC a few years back. Crazy thing is 5 of the 6 guys in the group watched it from my hand to the knee high grass 30' right of the basket. All 6 of looked for 30 minutes unsuccessfully. We looked for anoter 20 minutes on the next round. Alas, my aviar was gone forever. Disappeared right before our eyes.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:52 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 71 Times in 37 Posts

This past July when everything was going crazy, I bought a used Eagle disc to play a one disc round at a well known overgrown course. On hole 3, I lost the disc. After a long search, I found a Valkyrie. I abandoned my eagle and used the valkyrie instead. There was info and I intended to call after the round. After driving hole 5, I found an unmarked Biofusion Enforcer. That same drive I searched forever and could never find the Valkyrie. I played the enforcer to 7 and decided to quit as the course was like the little shop of horrors. It was BAD. The briar bushes were over my head!
Old 08-30-2019, 05:24 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 413
Niced 71 Times in 44 Posts

I keep all discs I find whether there is a name or number on it. It's always a champ destroyer and I just throw it on the next hole. I'll also never be able to find it.

Niced: (1)

Old 08-30-2019, 07:44 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 71 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Look do what you feel right. Hey people on here and in real life are a-holes. Don't expect people act like you would. Yes putting your number on it gives you a chance that you get your disc back but it's not a guarantee. But as soon as you leave from searching for that lost disc you should have the feeling it's gone forever.
^This. Once I abandon a disc, it is no longer mine. Its now up to the finder to do with as they please. We prefer if the finder uses the contact info, but do what you feel is right.

In my post above, the course was CRAZY overgrown (burdock bushes over my head) and I only brought one disc because I didn't want to lose my good ones. Would the previous owner of the Valkyrie have wanted me to stop playing? Yeah, I actually feel bad that I lost it again. I was fully planning on contacting him after the round.

Niced: (2)