Old 07-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 50
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 573 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
I talked with MM today with ideas for Plan A now, Plan B soon and Plan C longer range.
The Course Whisperer
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 02:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 29
Niced 355 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Crippler View Post
The elderly couple (73 and 78) who own the course and do all the work themselves, work 12-14 hr days and only get a break when it rains are being conned by John and Abby. I have warned them about these two weasels and apparently so have Roger and Ann. They have a breakable contract with John until Oct 15, but Abby slithered her way into a job at LSVGC and is manipulating the owners from the inside on Johns’ behalf. The ball is on the owners tee now, they have the facts and it’s their decision to make but a law suit to retrieve those baskets is probably inevitable.
It seems like a busy JJ 40 miles away is a lot better alternative than an on-site JJ with idle time. Seems like 18 old baskets is a small price to pay to keep him occupied elsewhere.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,207 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
My goodness, that's a lot of hyperbole. I've traveled around a decent portion of the country (and some of Canada), and there's not a lot of places that measure up to WI frolf.

You kind of just sound ridiculous.

Dude, he talked to like 4 people.

That's like, Science.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 144
Niced 278 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post

That's like, Science.
Sounds like an exploratory study. His conclusions appear to be positing a hypotheses that will need to be examined more rigorously for an explanatory study.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-03-2019, 03:19 PM
*Still Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 30
Niced 45 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
My goodness, that's a lot of hyperbole. I've traveled around a decent portion of the country (and some of Canada), and there's not a lot of places that measure up to WI frolf.

You kind of just sound ridiculous.
You don't have to agree with me, i dont push group think, no hyperbole intended.

Everyone has a different idea of what a course should "measure up" to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post

That's like, Science.
Just like my own opinion, these are all opinions of other people:

https://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/USA/top-rated (the only one listed is Rolling Ridge)
https://udisc.com/blog/post/top-10-d...f-cities-usa-7 (wheres WI?)
https://udisc.com/blog/post/top-disc...11-50-revealed (two low ranking cities in the top 50?!)
https://udisc.com/blog/post/top-10-d...ies-usa-so-far (??)
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/topco...urses_2017.php (RR, and HH)

Not many places measure up to WI disc golf huh?

If this sounds ridiculous then maybe I've begun to make my case for Wisconsin disc golf

Old 07-03-2019, 04:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 1085
Niced 68 Times in 32 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Crippler View Post
The elderly couple (73 and 78) who own the course and do all the work themselves, work 12-14 hr days and only get a break when it rains are being conned by John and Abby. I have warned them about these two weasels and apparently so have Roger and Ann. They have a breakable contract with John until Oct 15, but Abby slithered her way into a job at LSVGC and is manipulating the owners from the inside on Johns’ behalf. The ball is on the owners tee now, they have the facts and it’s their decision to make but a law suit to retrieve those baskets is probably inevitable.
Wow . . . I didnt think it was possible for the story to get worse. I guess with someone working inside the golf course there is potential for that to happen but if john just said I have these baskets, I want to put disc golf on your property, in exchange for X Y or Z then its a done business deal. I suppose if there was a way to "Hide" rounds played then it might be a con.

I wish them luck and hope at the very least the business agreement works for the golf course owners. I don't care what happens with JJ and Abby Im just glad MM has taken over on the hill. I cant wait to come play in August in the tourney but I want to come up to play a tourney of my own if there are any dates available otherwise to plan it out for next year.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 1341
Niced 663 Times in 250 Posts

You might consider me biased based on the fact that I live here. But I mostly formulated my opinions when I lived on the other side of the river, in a place where I was born and raised to despise cheeseheads. And an opinion that was formed after having played 48 states, including a majority of the top 100 rated courses, and well over 1000 courses total. The opinion to which I refer is that Wisconsin is at the top of my list when it comes to the number of quality courses.

Highbridge has a significant impact on this opinion, say what you will about the place/management and just look at it. So many Amazing courses, nearly each course on its own could make its way into my top 10. The fact that all of them remained remotely playable over the years is quite significant. Bear - Gold - Granite - Blueberry all phenomenal.

Now, that's not the only one. Let us now look at Mont du Lac - Holy Bleep! This place is serious. Three incredible courses, camping, cabins, bar, Bryan has got something going. Rollin Ridge, I've watched that place come a long way since the beginning, 3 baskets, 3 tees, clubhouse, bar, camping, ongoing improvements and maintenance, wow. Justin Trails, amazing. Standing Rocks, Tower Ridge, Zobel, Sandy Point, Axldog, Tjader's, Vet Hills, Wilderness, Pathway of the Gods ... and on and on

I've been a lot of places, and there's not much that compares as a whole state. NC might have an argument...

Old 07-03-2019, 05:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 31.5
Courses Played: 913
Niced 95 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
You might consider me biased based on the fact that I live here. But I mostly formulated my opinions when I lived on the other side of the river, in a place where I was born and raised to despise cheeseheads. And an opinion that was formed after having played 48 states, including a majority of the top 100 rated courses, and well over 1000 courses total. The opinion to which I refer is that Wisconsin is at the top of my list when it comes to the number of quality courses.

Highbridge has a significant impact on this opinion, say what you will about the place/management and just look at it. So many Amazing courses, nearly each course on its own could make its way into my top 10. The fact that all of them remained remotely playable over the years is quite significant. Bear - Gold - Granite - Blueberry all phenomenal.

Now, that's not the only one. Let us now look at Mont du Lac - Holy Bleep! This place is serious. Three incredible courses, camping, cabins, bar, Bryan has got something going. Rollin Ridge, I've watched that place come a long way since the beginning, 3 baskets, 3 tees, clubhouse, bar, camping, ongoing improvements and maintenance, wow. Justin Trails, amazing. Standing Rocks, Tower Ridge, Zobel, Sandy Point, Axldog, Tjader's, Vet Hills, Wilderness, Pathway of the Gods ... and on and on

I've been a lot of places, and there's not much that compares as a whole state. NC might have an argument...
^^All of this; and another over 900 courses played in 43/44 states, guy here; and yes, Wisco golf as a whole; is as strong as anywhere.

(Lot's of courses; in many states; "under water" this year.)

Old 07-03-2019, 09:58 PM
*Still Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 30
Niced 45 Times in 34 Posts

Speaking from a total picture, well rounded, quality property, updated modern championship level design, amenities as well as clean and family friendly experience, etc..etc.. i would rate WI EASILY near the bottom currently.

Especially considering many of the best courses at HH aren't entirely playable anymore and need to be redesigned to avoid private property issues. so if we cut those out of the picture and then you have to drive to RR (apparently the best single course WI has to offer) to get your feet soaked.. however, if you can look past all of that and then drive to wilderness and actually play some great disc golf then i could see how you would believe that.

have you traveled to all these destinations in the last 3 years or is this from 20+ years history that you guys are touting? in the past 3 years i have been to courses (some of which didn't even exist till 1-2 years ago) in minnesota, colorado, missouri, kentucky, and Iowa that are rating way higher than anything that has been put up in wisconsin in the past 5 years! (the exception being wilderness and i have not played whitecap yet)

Does wisconsin even have a National Tour stop, or even a DGPT stop? where are all the top pros touring in WI at all of our amazing selection of courses? not that that matters, but surprising if we are really the gold standard here.

anyways it doesn't really matter, this is all just opinions anyways.. maybe i need to try the cheese curds you guys are eating

Old 07-03-2019, 11:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 789
Niced 46 Times in 29 Posts

Wisco!!!

A great variety of terrains

Thanks Glacier