Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 06-22-2013, 09:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
As for the so called master plumbers, electricians, ect... I'm not sure that they are hanging out at the depot. The best in the trade, for one, don't shop there, and two, don't do any sub-contracting work for the big box stores. You actually don't have to be that good here in the usa to be able to call yourself a master craftsman, especially carpenters. There is no governing body (unless you are in a union, and I'm not sure why they would be at the HD during the week?) over masters in the woodworking world. Here in the usa we do not have a guild system like they do in Europe, so the title is mostly self appointed, and doesn't mean much.
fortunately i dont need their help much besides finding what aisle stuff is on
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 360
Niced 740 Times in 260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifocal View Post
The awesomeness of this thread is that nobody admits to ever having to work a a really really stupid job to pay the rent. That doesn't happen in America.

if you are gonna judge a guy who is just trying to pay the rent.....over an opinion about a TeeBird vs a whatever, and you are gonna rant on that guy because he knows less than you ( lol.....) great.
No, we're going to rant on him for pretending he knows more than us, thinks we're some newb who doesn't know anything and demonstrates in the process that he hasn't got a clue. I'd rather such a person give me an honest, "I don't know" than pull that schtick. To most seasoned disc golfers, that kind of talk is insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifocal View Post
All I can say is...he's working and you are looking a solution to your throwing problem in Dick's.
No, more than likely we're just checking out the disc golf section at Dick's because we have the significant other in tow, and the rest of the damned shopping center sucks because its nothing but overpriced chick stores we would never set foot in.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
I love it when the employees insist that they know more than you, when they obviously don't. I have had a similar occurrence over disc characteristics. Being a professional cabinetmaker, I can't even step foot in the home depot anymore.
I don't have that problem at my local home depot, because there are never any employees around to help me anyway. Well, there are at least never any employees around when I want help. When I don't want help, that's when I seem to attract them like gnats to a cow's face.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,524 Times in 1,616 Posts

QFT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
I don't have that problem at my local home depot, because there are never any employees around to help me anyway. Well, there are at least never any employees around when I want help. When I don't want help, that's when I seem to attract them like gnats to a cow's face.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 42
Niced 92 Times in 57 Posts

A few years ago in Durham, NC, I saw a couple trying to play with minis. I gave them a real disc and asked why they were playing with minis, and they said the clerk at target (I think) said they would be fine using minis.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 29 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
A few years ago in Durham, NC, I saw a couple trying to play with minis. I gave them a real disc and asked why they were playing with minis, and they said the clerk at target (I think) said they would be fine using minis.
LOL. I'm actually starting to think these sale people know exactly what is up, and are just messing with people.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm at Dick's all the time for my kids sports gear and such. So I occasionally browse the disc selection. I found a 12X flat Firebird. It's the only one I have ever seen there. It's always Aviars, Sharks and Grooves. It's been over a year I always check hoping to find another, never happens, just more Groove selection, LOL.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 40
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

I hate it when disc golfers think they know about shoes.
Just because youve owned one pr of hiking shoes and they fit better then your poorly fitted high school basketball shoes does not make you an expert.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 32
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
I hate it when disc golfers think they know about shoes.
Just because youve owned one pr of hiking shoes and they fit better then your poorly fitted high school basketball shoes does not make you an expert.
What?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 205
Niced 125 Times in 43 Posts