Old 06-09-2016, 04:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 640 Times in 299 Posts

Small money would involve some new run OLFs and a smaller, 12-15 disc bag.

Big money would mean upgrading the baskets at KMDGC from Insteps to Discatchers! That's a nice dream.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 3
Niced 179 Times in 91 Posts

Best money I have spent was on a quality practice basket, mine is an Innova Discatcher Sport and I love it. I tried upgrading to a larger bag, but it hurt my back too much to carry it, and I never play more than 8-9 discs on my local course anyway. I currently own around 50 discs and pretty well have all the bases covered. I also bought too many higher speed discs early on, and it's going to be some time before I can really use them. It's always fun to buy new plastic, but I'm trying to control the urge and use what I already have.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Par Member

Niced 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Thunder View Post
Still got money left over? Buy land, build your own course. Sounds crazy but thats where I think I am heading next.
That sounds awesome! I don't have that kind of money. Where are you building a course?
Old 06-09-2016, 11:52 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Small money would involve some new run OLFs and a smaller, 12-15 disc bag.

Big money would mean upgrading the baskets at KMDGC from Insteps to Discatchers! That's a nice dream.
I really like OLF'S. I haven't tried the new run yet. How do they fly for you compared to the 1.3? I do have a fade crunch and double nut sack for smaller bags.

I have no idea what KMDGC is.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 34
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

I'm thinking that I may have to get smaller bags to hold my discs for specialty or 9 hole courses. A few practice baskets would be nice so that when I go to a park that has open fields or a for sure place for a basket, it's on!

Plus it may allow me to get some of those nice runs of discs that are made for the Pro's to help them offset the costs of touring.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Par Member

Just a bit of an update. I got a mach 2 to practice on and it seems really well built. I also got a shift v4 in the mail today and was able to play a 2 hour round with it. That backpack is amazing! It is very light and has plenty of room for discs and snacks for a casual round. I feel a lot less fatigued than I normally would when carrying the octothorpe or even my fade crunch bag. I am definitely looking forward to getting in a few more rounds with it and seeing how it wears in.

I am still waiting for a good day to get some lessons. Maybe when some of my friends aren't able to get in a causal round.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:04 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
I have a new octothorpe and around 200 discs, but I still want to buy more stuff. My throwers include konopiste ddx, eo pdx, brinster Teebird among others. I love to throw discs with awesome stamps. I was also thinking about buying an upper Park designs shift. What would you guys do with a bunch of disc golf money? I'd love to hear/see some suggestions of your favorite discs and bags.
if you already have a nice bag, then go with discs, or better yet a basket. either a semi portable one for the back yard or a totally portable one that you can take with you to places. another great use for disc golf money since you already have so many discs is to just set the money aside and use it for tournament entry fees and for weekly leagues if you have them in your area.

if you have 200 discs, chances are that you already have most different types of discs. so no real need to buy more, unless you buy putters. find the putter that works for you and them stockpile 10-15 of the EXACT same putter (same weight, plastic) so that you can have consistency when you practice. you could go out and buy 100 more discs, and your game wont really change that much. focus on what you have and then practice.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 108
Niced 640 Times in 299 Posts

Haven't actually gotten to throw the 1.4. But good things are being said about them in the OLF thread.

A small bag isn't really high on my list, but those two would be considerations, for sure.

And KMDGC is Knobley Mt. DGC, my course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
I really like OLF'S. I haven't tried the new run yet. How do they fly for you compared to the 1.3? I do have a fade crunch and double nut sack for smaller bags.

I have no idea what KMDGC is.
Did you spend all of that money yet?

Old 06-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Haven't actually gotten to throw the 1.4. But good things are being said about them in the OLF thread.

A small bag isn't really high on my list, but those two would be considerations, for sure.

And KMDGC is Knobley Mt. DGC, my course.

Did you spend all of that money yet?
Nope not yet! I will get there though! I will definitely be trying out a new OLF. Thanks for the suggestion.