Old 05-26-2019, 03:33 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 288 Times in 167 Posts

Just ordered a neutron pilot, we'll see how it goes. Just broke my disc buying oath. lol
Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2019, 01:36 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 49 Times in 31 Posts

I have one of the neutron cosmic swirly ones, or whatever they call them. I have never used an electron pilot, so I can't compare them. I will say that the Pilot I have is completely, absolutely unwilling to turn. It pretty much goes straight no matter how hard I throw it. It has a fair bit of fade if I give it some air or throw it softly, but when thrown hard, it just holds the line to the ground. It is a fairly forgiving disc and feels good in my hand. I'm not sure if I plan on keeping it as my main thrower or not, but I definitely find it to be a solid choice, and a lot more stable than I expected based on some descriptions I've read of the mold.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-28-2019, 02:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 605 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Just ordered a neutron pilot, we'll see how it goes. Just broke my disc buying oath. lol
haha yeah I had that oath too. I held up pretty good for 2-3 months though. I grabbed a N Pilot a couple weeks ago. Its way more stable than I expected, not in a bad way. def flies like 2/5/0/1.5 handles wind well even with that glide. Not gonna lie, I really like it. so check it out and report
Old 05-28-2019, 02:28 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
haha yeah I had that oath too. I held up pretty good for 2-3 months though. I grabbed a N Pilot a couple weeks ago. Its way more stable than I expected, not in a bad way. def flies like 2/5/0/1.5 handles wind well even with that glide. Not gonna lie, I really like it. so check it out and report
Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm trying to replace my Envy with something the is straighter/slower/more glide. I tried a TI roach but it was more stable than advertised as well. Also tried a k1 reko which I loved but it was a bit too fast/stable. Will report back with my findings.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:25 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 128 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm trying to replace my Envy with something the is straighter/slower/more glide. I tried a TI roach but it was more stable than advertised as well. Also tried a k1 reko which I loved but it was a bit too fast/stable. Will report back with my findings.
Neutron Pilot is definitely slower than an Envy but has way more glide. Not sure it will kick out the 2 Envy's I have but definitely great for higher shots. Still testing it and for not it will stay in the bag. I would like to get rid of the Envy since I am putting with the Pilot now. But there is just a confidence level I have with the Envy. I almost consider if more of my mid range disc. I only care 2 true mids, a Runway and a beat Vector, with 2 Envies and a Proxy for the straight to stable to US shots. Got some beat Electron Pilots that are very Proxy like. We'll have to see.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 605 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
It's not 'overstable' just stable with a nice lil fade. It may depend on the actual disc, mine just flies that way. Its nice. Either youll be lucky and get a straighter one or maybe go 170 ish grams, mine is 176g. But yeah its not as OS as an envy
Old 05-28-2019, 06:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,440 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Banger GT for slightly slower
Or
Berg for a lot slower
Old 05-28-2019, 08:17 PM

Niced 10 Times in 8 Posts

I have replaced my Classic Blend Wardens with a pair of Electron Pilots. They are very similar, but the Pilot's extra glide is noticeable when outside the circle and short approaches. Been making a lot more long putts!!

The Electron plastic is not the most durable stuff. Both discs are showing some smallish signs of wear after hitting the chains and basket. But can't complain when they are landing in the basket.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-28-2019, 11:29 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Banger GT for slightly slower
Or
Berg for a lot slower
Tried a banger GT and it feels awesome in hand but for some reason I could not throw that thing without oat. Just couldn’t get a clean release.

Also have tried a k1 glow berg in the past. It was an absolute brick. Actually getting ready to order another in a different plastic to try out.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:49 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 992 Times in 831 Posts

Quote:
Tried a banger GT and it feels awesome in hand but for some reason I could not throw that thing without oat. Just couldn’t get a clean release.

Also have tried a k1 glow berg in the past. It was an absolute brick. Actually getting ready to order another in a different plastic to try out.
From the discs I have held in the hand a standard Steady is a Bangor but without the GT top. Felt that in a store one time but might still have the oat problem. If you are having problems with that molds wing then try a Focus, has a similar rim to the Bangor actually more like a Wizard but with a bead on the putter that could help with the index finger. Flies like a less os Wizard.