Old 12-20-2019, 08:04 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 169
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,556 Times in 1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Watching the "two river Flex league" video with Nikko. . . and it seem like he mostly throws Lat64 discs. . putts with Macana, roller is Fury and then he throws Stiletto . . did not see him throw many Westside discs at all
They did say they were making him an Anvil in BT.

I want to say that he threw an Ahti once or twice in that vid but I could be wrong.

I like the Bard a lot too.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2019, 01:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 415
Niced 605 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Just give it awhile...you'll start seeing some very Innova and Gateway looking discs with Westside stamps on them.
Well, from what I gather on DGCR these days, the only discs you will win with is Discraft. He better find and stamp some Forces and Lunas

Old 12-21-2019, 01:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 781 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Well, from what I gather on DGCR these days, the only discs you will win with is Discraft. He better find and stamp some Forces and Lunas
Dont forget the Zeus!

Niced: (1)
Old 12-22-2019, 03:39 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Dont forget the Zeus!
How did I forget the mighty Zeus? Destroyer clone AND great for outside the circle putts
Old 12-22-2019, 04:11 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 992 Times in 831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post

he doesn't even really throw the wizard anymore. he was putting with magics this past season and was throwing the sinus for approaches.
Sinus, the disc that gets ovrlooked by the Latitude 64 and Dynamic Disc sponsored pro or former pro for the Harp. I think the Sinus is the better disc by a long shot in terms of feel, I like the flat top to the Sinus.

Old 12-22-2019, 04:36 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Sinus, the disc that gets ovrlooked by the Latitude 64 and Dynamic Disc sponsored pro or former pro for the Harp. I think the Sinus is the better disc by a long shot in terms of feel, I like the flat top to the Sinus.
I actually busted out one on my sinuses for my round today. I agree that it's a great disc but it is a bit different than a Harp though. The Sinus is slower and I believe only made in the zero plastics. Harps are a little faster and made in literally EVERY plastic blend. Harps are flat topped too. The Sinus has the 3 grip plates on top. I actually prefer a Sinus over a Harp myself. But a Zone would almost be a better comparison. I see your point though.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,375 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The Sinus is a good mold. Before he switched to MVP, Matt Dollar used the Sinus, and to great effect. Definitely a great mold for those who like the feel of it in the hand.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,336 Times in 747 Posts

Between the bathtub non slip grip and the uncomfortable rim, I'm not a fan of how the Sinus feels at all.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 27
Courses Played: 4
Niced 392 Times in 172 Posts

Looking for info from someone knowledgable of small business ownership and expenses/taxes for small companies.

First question - I have been observing many collectors /dealers and even media personalities ordering mystery boxes or collector discs under a company name. It seems like most don’t have any intention of selling these goods. Is there a tax write off of “business tools” or “business expenses” they are using? Seems like they may be using some tactic to buy collectors month in and month out. I know at my company I can expense computer needs, but not sure how it’s handled in the finance department or end of year. Not that I have any intention to ever operate in this manner. In a collectors world where profits are small and competition is high end it blows my mind how many small vendors/companies I see able to do this.

Second question - Company cars. For pros that own a small company that also have tour vehicles. How does that work? I assume they have to track business use versus personal use? Which might also seem a little grey in my mind, since they are driving cross country to tournaments, while stopping for personal enjoyment along the way. I saw Drew Gibson posted his new company car for Gibson industries on social media and know a number of touring pros have their own small companies they operate out of while touring. Curious what the benefit exists to roll a car under a small company and the potential liabilities rolling a car under a company. I would think more pros would operate in this manner if there were many benefits.

Old 12-24-2019, 11:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 152
Niced 3,975 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder View Post
Looking for info from someone knowledgable of small business ownership and expenses/taxes for small companies.

First question - I have been observing many collectors /dealers and even media personalities ordering mystery boxes or collector discs under a company name. It seems like most don’t have any intention of selling these goods. Is there a tax write off of “business tools” or “business expenses” they are using? Seems like they may be using some tactic to buy collectors month in and month out. I know at my company I can expense computer needs, but not sure how it’s handled in the finance department or end of year. Not that I have any intention to ever operate in this manner. In a collectors world where profits are small and competition is high end it blows my mind how many small vendors/companies I see able to do this.

Second question - Company cars. For pros that own a small company that also have tour vehicles. How does that work? I assume they have to track business use versus personal use? Which might also seem a little grey in my mind, since they are driving cross country to tournaments, while stopping for personal enjoyment along the way. I saw Drew Gibson posted his new company car for Gibson industries on social media and know a number of touring pros have their own small companies they operate out of while touring. Curious what the benefit exists to roll a car under a small company and the potential liabilities rolling a car under a company. I would think more pros would operate in this manner if there were many benefits.
For question 1, there can be a benefit to a business. If they're purchasing items that can be re-sold, they can be included in calculations of "cost of goods sold", which is a deductible expense. Even if they don't have to intention to flip certain items immediately, they *could* flip them so they can count them as inventory.

For question 2, I could only speculate, but I imagine there are deductions to be made for company cars. Mileage is certainly deductible, and if we're talking about a touring pro operating as their own business, most if not all their mileage probably counts. If they're on the road full time where they don't really have a home, it's not really that grey to call it all business miles. Maintenance and insurance I think are deductible expenses as well.

All in all, if these touring players aren't filing their taxes as a business (they're self-employed), they're probably doing themselves a disservice.