Old 04-06-2020, 10:00 AM
Par Member

Niced 102 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
I’m shocked to hear Americans are still going out to play their courses at all.

I live in a small community on an island in Canada and all our courses are closed (even our bushwhack tonal courses have signs up).
Never underestimate the stupidity of my fellow Americans and their belief that no one can tell them what to do(or not to do). We're a prideful, stubborn bunch.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-06-2020, 11:27 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 188 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
The "stay home" order for the nearby Kansas City metro area (and the town where I live, which did a CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V of the KC public order an hour later) allows for people to go outside and do exercise and recreational activities, so long as everyone keeps a distance from everyone else. So far the DG courses are open, and I imagine they will continue to be that way unless some mob golfers make a public spectacle of themselves.

Don't ruin it for everyone -- play in small numbers, play discreetly, play sensibly, and we'll get to play all the way through this thing.

I think we’re in a similar situation. We are asked to stay home but also getting outside for exercise is still allowed and almost encouraged as long as “social distancing” is practiced and observed.

Seems with so many people not actually working right now our local courses are pretty packed. I’ve driven past several of them and they seem way more crowded on a weekday than they typically are on a weekend.

Probably doesn’t help that we’re finally getting nice, springtime weather. I’ve seen so many people out enjoying outdoor activities lately it’s almost crazy.

Between the crowds and whatever risks may be present with the current “pandemic” situation, I’ve just put off playing for now and will get back at it when this all blows over.

Unless I’m dead of course.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:33 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 188 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
I have heard that parks are removing disc golf course baskets because the parks are seeing large groups of players.

The course I consider to be my home course has pulled all of the baskets.

I don’t think it is related to the Covid19 stuff.

The park has been closed during the week for some sort of construction but people still continued to play the course regardless of the signs stating the course was closed during construction activity.

I just hope people disregarding the weekday closure don’t ruin it for the rest of us and that eventually the baskets are put back in and the course reopens.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 561
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 190 Times in 91 Posts

Mixed in my local area. Parks with a gate closed, the dg course is closed. Others are open and packed with large groups.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 386
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 180 Times in 96 Posts

Central coastal MS
I think we have an 8pm to 5am curfew, plus the beach closed to keep certain covidiots out of the state, but we can still play our courses if observing distancing protocols (which binky yutz {post #113 course closures} said the cops drove past a few times to see that they were).

Last edited by ohtobediscing; 04-06-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,215 Times in 1,739 Posts

Mixed messages in central SC. The governor hasn't issued a stay-at-home order, but has issued an order banning sports with shared equipment. The City of Columbia has issued a stay-at-home order, and on one of the courses I believe they've closed the parking lot, but put a sign on the course to only play in singles or twosomes (if the FB pages are correct). You can imagine which of the mixed messages disc golfers are going to follow.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,521 Times in 1,020 Posts

Public courses in all counties directly surrounding me still open with warnings to observe social distancing or they will shut them down. All local private courses closed.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:11 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,509 Times in 1,606 Posts

Am I alone?
As often as possible, if you're smart.

Niced: (3)
Old 04-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 206 Times in 73 Posts

My wife saw this somewhere, "You can't fix stupid and apparently you can't quarantine it either."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-06-2020, 04:54 PM
Carolina Crusher's Magic Man

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 66 Times in 24 Posts

"My wife saw this somewhere, "You can't fix stupid and apparently you can't quarantine it either."

Sums it up pretty good. I run a private club in South Carolina called Carolina Crushers. I believe we are the only club that has halted play to help slow the spread. No matter "someone's opinion" on how the virus spreads. My club will not be put at risk! Almost every member owns a Discatcher in their own backyard to pratice on until this passes.