Old 02-01-2014, 06:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 303
Niced 2,295 Times in 1,308 Posts
Default X buzz test

So I saw in a few threads of a lot of talk about for mold minimization the possibility of using an X buzz instead of a meteor in ones bag. So I bought an x out x buzz scaled at 175.3

Note that this is not the end all to the opinion on it, just what I'm testing and your results might (probably) vary. I throw just over 300 with the snow/winter, about 335 consistently in the summer so you get an idea of my arm.

Today was my first day throwing it. I was am in southern mn, and the wind was blowing pretty good today. I went out only with the X buzz and a jk aviar. The course I play at sucks, there is not many trees and its almost like throwing in a field. It's called Land of Memories. I used it on every hole and easy to save par. First impressions, well it was windy and kind of hard to tell but it flew just how a buzz should, straight and small fade at the end. I was throwing manly smooth hyzers with it. No extremely solid tree hits- just decent whacks. The buzz flipped easily in a headwind but the wind was blowing pretty nice.

So being that there is not many trees to hit on the course at the end of my round I stood by a group of them and threw it at them about 25 times ish. Threw a few flicks and thumbers at the icy road. Only gash on it is from the actual round and isnt too bad. A little road rash. Rim is actually still straight from the abuse. I am surprised by this. If it was pro d im sure the disc would be wavy and I would have it sitting in a dumpster right now.

As for shots, despite the wind, I was able to throw some good hyzers and it actually held annys pretty well. Can land fight out if powered down. After some tree hits it didnt appear to become flippy like a pro d would. I couldnt even tell it had hit some trees it was flying perfectly normal. The plastic its self felt decent in the winter. Not hard like Z but not soft like pro d. Good balance.

Stay tuned, well see how it flies after recovering from the abuse. Might not be for a few days the weather is pretty cold here in Minnesota, and I work full time at stupid times. Hopefully next time is with less wind.

Pics-Brand new

New thick tooled buzzz

Small gash/ding

Road rash

Pics aren't all that great since I keep it real and use an Iphone 3gs.

Questions, comments, suggestions, critiques and passive aggressive comments are encouraged as always...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wait, does the buzzz have a micro bead? It looks like it on the last picture?
Old 02-01-2014, 07:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
Wait, does the buzzz have a micro bead? It looks like it on the last picture?
no thats just the edge. my phones focus sucks.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

I just bought a buzzz x that I intend to beat in to be my understable mid. Ill be very interested to see your results.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 45 Times in 38 Posts

Sometimes it will take a little longer than you might think.
X plastic will take some abuse, but then all of sudden, it's beat.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc View Post
Sometimes it will take a little longer than you might think.
X plastic will take some abuse, but then all of sudden, it's beat.
they are like new then all of a sudden get flippy with no nice in between your saying??
Old 02-02-2014, 11:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 308 Times in 197 Posts

I have had an X Buzzz for over a year now, one of my first discs; it has held up really well, and lost very little in terms of stability. It still has the classic Buzzz flight mentioned in the OP.

It's has led a rather charmed life though, having a knack for avoiding trees.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 76
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

X is great for wearing in. Where ESP and especially Z take a long time to get to a certain point, the X will get there in better time and can get a little more understable than the first two.

It also holds up a lot longer than a D will. But if you want a turning machine quick and want to stick to Buzzzes, I would almost say get a D as well. If you're not in a rush, though, I would agree that X is the way to go for staging them.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 149
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 12 Times in 8 Posts

x plastic has great glide in my opinion the best glide of all discraft plastic. X buzzz will be a good hyzer flip disc and great for those technical lines that most people would use a dx roc for. I personally use a comet for those shots because I like how slow it is and I can just throw it up high and have a slow turn to it with a ever so slight fade.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 93 Times in 59 Posts

I actually found an x buzz on the course and tried returning it but never got a response so I bagged it. It is decently beat up and it is a beautiful turnover mid. It is a nice compliment to my z buzz