Opto XXX
GL XXX

Distance drivers:
Fuzion Trespass
Bio Trespass
TP Giant
VIP Giant
Opto Villain

I am totally in love with my putter set up, and don't see it changing any time soon. I use the Zero Soft Pures for putting and the Opto for driving. The Zero Medium Sinus feels phenomenal and is reliably over stable.

My mids are also pretty set. I have no complaints except I'm having trouble finding FLAT maces which are currently my go to mid. The Opto Fuse is one of the discs I have the most fun throwing. People look at it and wonder when it's going to fade out of it's dead straight flight...and it never does.

Fairways are where I am the most up in the air right now. The striker I have is awesome and very flip resistant with a pretty large range of cruising speed. I only have one striker though, but I'm sure I should get some more to see if I can really rely on this. I like the saint, but I'm not in love with it. It is one of the most understable discs I throw, and I guess I just don't like understable stuff that much. The river flips up for super straight flights or slightly right tracking flight. My forehand is decent so I try to throw stable all of the time. The XXXs and Trident are awesome. No complaints there.

I wish I could find some Giants that are more stable. The ones I have are awesome, but I feel like I could knock the Villain out if I got a more stable Giant like some people are talking about. The villain is a cool disc though. Very XCal like for me. The trespasses are great distance drivers, and I don't think they will leave me for a long time.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 33 Posts

And I'm auditioning a stag. Haven't thrown it yet, but it's pretty!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 8 Times in 2 Posts

The stag is a very nice disc. i would recomend TP overtop of VIP but that is personal preference. I think you have a pretty good bag to start with. a lot of those discs are in good. If your looking for a more stable giant then i would get the westside World. It is much more stable and a little bit faster of a disc. super great for forhands or long backhands.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorgan1214 View Post
The stag is a very nice disc. i would recomend TP overtop of VIP but that is personal preference. I think you have a pretty good bag to start with. a lot of those discs are in good. If your looking for a more stable giant then i would get the westside World. It is much more stable and a little bit faster of a disc. super great for forhands or long backhands.
Uh... are ya sure that the world is more OS than a giant? I have five of them and have been throwin them for about a week and a half (I dont think anyone has had one too long) and would have a hard time making that comparison so soon if I was familiar with the giant(which im not) Anyway cLard, the two XXX's and Trident seemed to overlap but if you are using those for forehand drives and they do different things for you then its prob alright. I dont drive fh so any of those three would be similar for me. The giant and trespass seem like a good combo being similar in grip and speed as long as you can get some turn out of your trespass which it sounds like you can if you are looking for an OS giant. If you have a chance to buy them in person I would compare PLH on all of the max wt giants and go for the highest. PS-the color coordination is lookin pretty good but that gold ones gotta go
Old 12-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed IV View Post
Uh... are ya sure that the world is more OS than a giant? I have five of them and have been throwin them for about a week and a half (I dont think anyone has had one too long) and would have a hard time making that comparison so soon if I was familiar with the giant(which im not) Anyway cLard, the two XXX's and Trident seemed to overlap but if you are using those for forehand drives and they do different things for you then its prob alright. I dont drive fh so any of those three would be similar for me. The giant and trespass seem like a good combo being similar in grip and speed as long as you can get some turn out of your trespass which it sounds like you can if you are looking for an OS giant. If you have a chance to buy them in person I would compare PLH on all of the max wt giants and go for the highest. PS-the color coordination is lookin pretty good but that gold ones gotta go
I wish the gold one didn't fly so perfectly or I would! I have a pink gl mace that I would absolutely love to throw, but it's so crazy beefy it goes about 50-80ft shorter than my gold one

The XXXs and Trident fly a bit differently for me, but they do have some overlap for sure. It's mostly new stuff (if you couldn't tell from the shine so I'm still working out if they are very functionally different for me.

The Giant Trespass combo is working really well for me. My trespasses turn and pan out nicely for max distance. I'll keep an eye out for a high PLH Giant. Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorgan1214 View Post
I'd like to try out the World as well to see how it compares to my Giants. I'm hearing some good things about them. It's been cold enough that I've only thrown my stag a few times, but I'm liking it so far. Hard to tell if it has a place in my bag between my saints and strikers.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:24 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Majagit

Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
I'd like to try out the World as well to see how it compares to my Giants. I'm hearing some good things about them. It's been cold enough that I've only thrown my stag a few times, but I'm liking it so far. Hard to tell if it has a place in my bag between my saints and strikers.
Compares with gaints, sounds like a plan to me
Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Been really playing with my XXX and Trident a lot lately, and I've found that, after a little wear, they fly very differently for me. The trident is high speed stable no matter how much power I put on it so it really does more of a straight to hard fade flight whereas my XXXs fade really hard right out of the hand. I love my XXXs for spike hyzers, skips, and thumbers/tomahawks, but for every day hyzers the trident sees a lot more air time.

Throwing really stable and overstable discs is so much fun.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

I'm really happy that I gave the lat trilogy discs a try. There are some molds that I found I absolutely love and are sure to be a staple for a long time, and there are some that just couldn't hold up to the classics that I was trying to replace.

Loved:
Giant - Basically an Xcal replacement and it's working out great so far. I've never been able to get this much distance into a headwind.

Trespass - A Destroyer replacement, admittedly, but I have a few in the stash and I know exactly how they are going to fly. No digging through multiple runs/destrulcans etc.

Saint - For being a somewhat fast disc this thing is crazy straight. I love it for turnovers and straight drives that need to finish without a big dumpy fade.

Trident - Just pure awesome. Great wind fighter, overhead disc, roiller, and just a much more workable disc than the XXX.

XXX - The XXX, while much less versatile than the Trident is an amazing fh roller and it gives zero sh!t$ about the wind.

River - admittedly I need to do some head to head testing with the rivers and the leopards once it warms up. Not sure which I prefer yet.

Mace - awesome mid range in amazing plastic. Great for slightly OS to stable duties.

Fuse - One of the best US mids I've ever thrown. I'll be testing it against the Comet again in the spring, but it has been good to me so far.

Sinus - I never had a massively OS putter that I liked before this. I love the Sinus and I love the Zero medium plastic. The sinus is reliable, glideless, and wind resistant. I love how far this disc doesn't go.

Pure - The opto pure remains the best driving putter I've used to date. The Zero Softs are money for winter putting and I hope they are still firm enough in the spring when it warms up.

Didn't love:
Villain - Nothing wrong with this disc, but it overlaps with my giants. I just don't need both.

Striker - I wanted to replace my OLF with this, but it just doesn't cut it. A little wind would flip this thing over, and it didn't power down nearly as well as my OLFs do. While my OLFs act slightly less HSS they are not affected by the wind nearly as much. OLFs

Rival - I actually really liked the Rival but I was just trying to replace my Teebirds and there is no reason to. I love my teebirds.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Putters:
Pure: Zero Soft - putter
Pure: Zero Soft - thrower
Pure: Opto
Sinus: Zero Medium

Mids:
Fuse: Opto
Mace: GL