* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,588 Times in 985 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee1 View Post
I bought the Rovic 3 wheeled fold up cart like a month ago. By far the best investment in the sport that I've made. I'm 45 and have been playing for 11 years so i was really starting to feel it after 36 and 54 hole days. Now i can throw 54 holes and still have plenty of gas left in the tank. My throws are better too. The constant lifting and dropping of a loaded bag really wears on you.
This is the biggest thing about using a cart. Makes a huge difference.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-27-2020, 08:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 45.5
Courses Played: 201
Niced 819 Times in 354 Posts

I finally took the plunge and got a Zuca. I also am starting to get up in age and tiring of carrying a bag. I also like the idea of always having a seat nearby. I will still keep a small bag for when navigating the mountain goat courses.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-27-2020, 09:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 2
Niced 442 Times in 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I play courses such as "Bicentennial", "Coyote", "Beaver", "Saddle Hills", "Zboaz", "Veterans" in the DFW area. Not going to say it's always no problem with a cart, but these courses are anything but ball golf courses and I've never wished I was carrying a bag instead. Granted...I doubt I would play cart or no cart on courses more rugged than those. lol.. :P
I see people with carts at ZBoaz. Seems like it would be a huge pita on 2, 9 and the creek crossings 14/18).

The rest is flatish. Oh, forgot 8.

For those that don’t know, These are 20-30’ elevation changes. Not slopes. I think the creek crossings would be really tough, particularly when there is water.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 98
Niced 63 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee1 View Post
I bought the Rovic 3 wheeled fold up cart like a month ago. By far the best investment in the sport that I've made. I'm 45 and have been playing for 11 years so i was really starting to feel it after 36 and 54 hole days. Now i can throw 54 holes and still have plenty of gas left in the tank. My throws are better too. The constant lifting and dropping of a loaded bag really wears on you.
I'm 39 and been chucking since I was 17. Some of these modern monster courses can do me in by hole 18. I ditched the bag at 36 and it's made a huge difference in my game. And made the course far more enjoyable. No longer feel like I'm going backpacking.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 98
Niced 63 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrembo View Post
I finally took the plunge and got a Zuca. I also am starting to get up in age and tiring of carrying a bag. I also like the idea of always having a seat nearby. I will still keep a small bag for when navigating the mountain goat courses.
I went all cart for 3 years. Meant I stopped playing some of the local billygoat courses. I just sold that cart and am moving to a cart that I hope is a better fit for most games -> and I need to get a small weekend bag so I can go back to those couple courses that a cart just won't play.

I think there are some folks who play the same 1-2 courses every week which will certainly impact their opinions on a cart - if their local is a billygoat option. I like to drive around and mix it up, playing different courses - so I see all sorts of terrain - which makes the cart much more viable.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,588 Times in 985 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

I use a cart when I know it's no problem and I need the most discs for the course. Half the time I use the Innova 12 disc shoulder bag and a tripod stool. The bag is always sat on the stool when it's not on my shoulder and my butt is not on the stool.