#891  
Old 12-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Parbequeue Parbequeue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 516
Niced 137 Times in 110 Posts
Default

I *think* I might of figured something out...

The way I move my hips is different- feels like I’m ice skating but stood still.

I started by walking on the spot then I walked ...harder.
By walking “harder” I felt a motion that was like my hips swivelling, then I started to see what would happen if I moved laterally doing this. Then I saw in PLSD when SW does this dingle arm move from leg to leg in balance and the rear foot kind of everts / glides up. I imagined doing this & notions of a dance like feel.

Maybe it’s something! Again, feels very different.

Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 12-01-2020, 09:17 PM
RowingBoats's Avatar
RowingBoats RowingBoats is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 228
Niced 170 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
I *think* I might of figured something out...

The way I move my hips is different- feels like I’m ice skating but stood still.

I started by walking on the spot then I walked ...harder.
By walking “harder” I felt a motion that was like my hips swivelling, then I started to see what would happen if I moved laterally doing this. Then I saw in PLSD when SW does this dingle arm move from leg to leg in balance and the rear foot kind of everts / glides up. I imagined doing this & notions of a dance like feel.

Maybe it’s something! Again, feels very different.

Psychologically, it helps me to think of it as a ninja-like move. Dance is cool, but ninjas are cooler.
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 12-02-2020, 09:12 AM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 947
Niced 419 Times in 309 Posts
Default

I think the lower body shifting is good. Now just have to delay the shoulders or think about pulling the shoulder with the hips. It is admittedly hard to do without any weight in the hand.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 12-02-2020, 09:48 AM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 947
Niced 419 Times in 309 Posts
Default

It's like combining the ice skating you are doing with the door frame drill. As you ice skate back and forth, there should be a door frame on either side pulling your arm/shoulder.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 12-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Parbequeue Parbequeue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 516
Niced 137 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
I think the lower body shifting is good. Now just have to delay the shoulders or think about pulling the shoulder with the hips. It is admittedly hard to do without any weight in the hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
It's like combining the ice skating you are doing with the door frame drill. As you ice skate back and forth, there should be a door frame on either side pulling your arm/shoulder.
That feels so good to read! Legitimately I think this might be the first time I’ve understood how the lower body works. I’ve come close but also still so far from what this appears to be. Excited to re read a lot of threads, more gold is discovered with each major step.

Two big breakthroughs in a month. Nice.

I’ll be skatin’ round the apartment tonight 😂
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 12-02-2020, 09:13 PM
Parbequeue Parbequeue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 516
Niced 137 Times in 110 Posts
Default

I’m pretty hyped. Best it’s ever looked and felt so far. Really excited to actually throw a disc! I think I’m close to “graduating”! Expectations? I know, I know... ��

Maybe a little outside my posture on the backswing.


Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 12-02-2020, 09:38 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 230
Posts: 17,248
Niced 4,406 Times in 2,674 Posts
Default

Need to turn inside feet and tilt back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 8.34.27 PM copy.jpg (27.4 KB, 55 views)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 12-02-2020, 10:06 PM
Parbequeue Parbequeue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 516
Niced 137 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Need to turn inside feet and tilt back.

Got it! Is the action looking almost correct tho? Before I get carried away.

I can really see how important it is to get over the rear foot during xstep to “skate” forward now. It’s so hard if the weight is tipped back whatsoever.
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 12-02-2020, 10:27 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 230
Posts: 17,248
Niced 4,406 Times in 2,674 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Got it! Is the action looking almost correct tho? Before I get carried away.

I can really see how important it is to get over the rear foot during xstep to “skate” forward now. It’s so hard if the weight is tipped back whatsoever.
Hard to tell. If you kept your arm swinging around instead of stopping short maybe.


Reply With Quote
 

  #900  
Old 12-03-2020, 09:44 AM
Parbequeue Parbequeue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 516
Niced 137 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Hard to tell. If you kept your arm swinging around instead of stopping short maybe.

Haha got it. Can’t get out until Sunday to do a full swing, gotta work with what I got in the micro work apt.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horrible Form! Looking to try to Throw 400 Feet! ILUVSMGS18 Form Analysis/Critique 3 06-07-2017 10:55 PM
Few questions I'm still confused about for people who throw 400+ Rll131 Form Analysis/Critique 8 06-07-2017 11:25 AM
How to throw 400' - an instructional gcr_russell General Disc Golf Chat 31 09-20-2014 12:41 AM
Track and field discus throw vs disc golf throw climbingkid Technique & Strategy 11 12-14-2011 02:26 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.