Old 02-27-2019, 10:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 159 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I noticed Paul was using the First Runs in Vegas if I'm not mistaken.
He used the black PM Zone at WTO as well. It's definitely one of his go-to molds early on for both forehand and backhand.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 02-27-2019, 12:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,458 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I promised my wife that I wasn't going to binge buy any discs this season, but I did have to get at least one PM disc just cuz, so I picked a zone. I already have one in jawbreaker that's my primary approach disc, but now I figure I can let loose with the zone in the trees where I would often step up to my lucid verdict because I wasn't sure what would happen if I whacked a tree full on with the jawbreaker (and that jawbreaker zone is one of my favorite discs). So yeah, pretty excited to get to toss a new zone this season!
Verdict/Zone pairing is so good for FH approaches and woods shots. It did take me an adjustment period for the less glide and more HSS of the Zone...many underthrown shots for a little while...but I think you'll like it.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-10-2019, 10:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 108 Times in 59 Posts

How are the newer swirly Esp coming out compared to the older ESP aside from Color?
How is the grip and flexibility?

I had almost walked away from regular esp because all I could get the last few years was hard and slippery.

But I found a swirly ESP Force at the local shop that felt amazing, just a slight amount of give and just the right amount of grip along with a great look.

I don't throw forces but thought if I could find a Zone that felt like that, I would snag a couple up.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 16
Niced 159 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2Keith View Post
How are the newer swirly Esp coming out compared to the older ESP aside from Color?

I had almost walked away from regular esp because all I could get the last few years was hard and slippery.

But I found a swirly ESP Force at the local shop that felt amazing, just a slight amount of give and just the right amount of grip along with a great look.

I don't throw forces but thought if I could find a Zone that felt like that, I would snag a couple up.
I think in general the Zone has a much thicker flight plate and wing which lends it to molding up a little more firm. The Force has a pretty thin flight plate so gummier plastics tends to feel fantastic in that mold.

All ESP Zones I have felt up, new or old, have been fairly firm. But perhaps someone else has had different experiences?

Old 03-12-2019, 01:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

Have not thrown, but the one I felt was grippier/tackier and softer in a way. ESP is normally slicker than that, or sometimes like tacky star but still smooth...admitting I have like 5% the experience with Discraft stuff as Innova. This Zone had a bit more of a rubbery hint to it and some texture. I bag a softer ESP and this felt like a different variation of the blend to me, not just softer.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:57 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 108 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Have not thrown, but the one I felt was grippier/tackier and softer in a way. ESP is normally slicker than that, or sometimes like tacky star but still smooth...admitting I have like 5% the experience with Discraft stuff as Innova. This Zone had a bit more of a rubbery hint to it and some texture. I bag a softer ESP and this felt like a different variation of the blend to me, not just softer.
Just what I was hoping to hear! This ESP is a bit different. Different is good!
Old 03-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Par Member

Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

I’ve flet up one of the new swirly zones. This one was board flat, really stiff and pretty slick :/
Old 03-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 932 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Just what I was hoping to hear! This ESP is a bit different. Different is good!
Have you tried Z-FLX? Don't like that plastic in drivers but it feels great with the Zone. McBeth said he preferred it over Z for backhands. Earhart, on team Discraft, uses it as well.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by myllys View Post
I’ve flet up one of the new swirly zones. This one was board flat, really stiff and pretty slick :/
Hmm...too bad. I have seen older...like 2ish years old swirly Zones that were really stiff and slick ESP, and only the one of the new ones.

On their website they do say that they adjusted the plastic. The one I saw was what I would expect from their blurb.

https://www.discraft.com/disc-golf/p...f%3fcount%3d36

Old 03-12-2019, 12:54 PM
Par Member

Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

It was sold as ”new Swirly ESP” but it might as well have been an old one with a new stamp, IDK.

Edit: “ESP zone new stamp”