Old 02-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 112 Times in 72 Posts

My S-FD is super domey and is more gstar teebirdish than a C-FD. It has a little turn and a good fade. More like 7/6/-1/2.5
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2017, 10:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,597 Times in 1,648 Posts

I don't know the differences between C-line runs, but I feel they are much closer to the TL type of flight. S-FD is closer to Leo3 as you mentioned (but I think faster/longer, haven't got to do a side by side with them), but now that you clarify it's a G-FD...I haven't actually thrown one of those. I do think that the S-FD is more likely to come back to neutral at the end of flight than a Leo3. It's hard to say for sure on all of this as power level and disc run really matter.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Par Member

Niced 21 Times in 19 Posts

I've been running the g-line and luster fds lately. They're amazing discs once you've become accustomed to them. I run them mainly in heavily wooded courses where I need to be able to shape shots or rely on their easy glide. Unless you're running a beefy c-line like the 2nd runs you really cant put lots of power on them. Good clean snap and form go a long way with these and they get some really easy distance. The lusters are definitely more stable than the g-line and s-line but not as much as some of the c-lines. Theyre faster out of the hand and they have a massive dome and get tons of glide. I've over shot holes barely throwing them. Which is why I found pairing them with the g-lines very beneficial. I didn't click as well with the s lines, not sure why but I just didnt have the consistency with it that I had with the others.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-08-2017, 08:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 475 Times in 317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EROPPER View Post
Correction: I have the new G Line FD

I was trying to use it for straight tunnel shots like Hole #2 off the tee at Grand Central station- it just turns right on me, unless I really power down and use some hyzer- but I have my Leopard3 for that already, the FD will probably come out of the bag after a trial run
Whooo. G-Line? G-FDs are definitely flippy bastards. I pretty much only roll my G-FDs. They make for phenomenal rollers, but other than popping one way up in the air for a sky anhyzer, it's pretty hard for me to get any other use out of a G-FD.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,448 Times in 1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EROPPER View Post
Correction: I have the new G Line FD
Ahhhh, that makes a lot more sense. Those things can get flippy in a hurry.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 51 Times in 42 Posts

I did find one other use for my G-line FD today, they hold an anni FH fairly well- sometimes a useful get out of trouble shot
Old 02-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 39
Niced 173 Times in 66 Posts

I carry 5-6 FD's in my bag that cover all lines, from OS (2nd run) to roller (D-line). I have a G-FD that usually goes in and out of my bag, depending on the course I'm playing. That disc (as you discovered) is definitely understable and will hold both BH and FH anny lines with ease. An S-line will definitely be more on the level of a straight-line thrower.

FWIW here is my breakdown of FD stability (from the FD thread).

Old 02-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 79 Times in 47 Posts

The s FD most definitely rewards clean form. If you are trying to get really snappy with it of course it is going to turn hard. It is not meant to be thrown super hard. When I am throwing my s FD I try to throw it similar to how I would throw a mid range. Those things glide for days and don't need the power that something like a teebird would need. I wouldn't consider it "flippy" as much as I would call it workable. You know you are doing something right when you can throw an FD on a slight hyzer and have it flip up to flat and go laser beam straight. In fact I have started working the FD on forehand shots and it is silly straight once you figure it out. I am getting to the point where I can throw them on 50% power on a little FH hyzer and they flip up straight and easily go 250-300' without a problem. Gosh I love the FD...

Old 02-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I have a S-Fd and it is most of my shots in the woods. I wouldn't call it flippy. Straight or stable-stable. Its not like a teebird. I think the numbers are very accurate.

I got a max wt C-line, it flies about the same, maybe the littlest bit more stable. it is 7g heavier and also champ so that makes sense.

I don't throw super far- but I can consistently get solid D with this disc. I use is on most drives unless I really need to push distance or I want a real hard finish. Its easy to score well when your always in the middle of the fairway.

I like the comparisons people have made to the comet. It is like that. I will do what you tell it and rewards form. It is very easy for me to get it to land flat, hold hyzer the whole way or hold anny. I can get a little flip up to hold flat, but it doesn't turn all the way over the way a flippy disc will. I trust it in a little wind to.

For a intermediate player and arm this is my favorite disc. really easy and accurate 250-300ft. That's not internet distance

Sometimes I wonder why I carry other discs.

Niced: (2)

Old 02-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 34
Niced 152 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscBaltimore View Post
I have a S-Fd and it is most of my shots in the woods. I wouldn't call it flippy. Straight or stable-stable. Its not like a teebird. I think the numbers are very accurate.

I got a max wt C-line, it flies about the same, maybe the littlest bit more stable. it is 7g heavier and also champ so that makes sense.

I don't throw super far- but I can consistently get solid D with this disc. I use is on most drives unless I really need to push distance or I want a real hard finish. Its easy to score well when your always in the middle of the fairway.

I like the comparisons people have made to the comet. It is like that. I will do what you tell it and rewards form. It is very easy for me to get it to land flat, hold hyzer the whole way or hold anny. I can get a little flip up to hold flat, but it doesn't turn all the way over the way a flippy disc will. I trust it in a little wind to.

For a intermediate player and arm this is my favorite disc. really easy and accurate 250-300ft. That's not internet distance

Sometimes I wonder why I carry other discs.
This all makes me very happy. I have a 170g S line in today's mail; should be waiting on me when I get home. I get to use it in tomorrow's round. I love my Comet and if it is simply a longer Comet, then wow!