Old 02-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 275 Times in 137 Posts

I am probably going to boycott the DGPT... until the memorial rolls around... By then i imagine i will be jonesing for some DG regardless of its source then i will watch during the early season, if the coverage isnt any good i will watch them fourth in priority after Jomez, ccdg, and psp, unless of course psp is the inhouse production crew of dgpt.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2019, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.7
Courses Played: 248
Niced 1,800 Times in 781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_clark View Post
Exactly. Who knows what kind of contract and commitment length Steve Dodge had the various tournament directors sign up for, but Im all for TDs telling Steve to piss off and find a loop hole and get their tournament off of the DGPT schedule.
Why? I am guessing the decision to use a different filming crew has zero impact on you. (perhaps I am wrong) DGPT has been great for touring pros, that is irrefutable. The tour has arguably grown the sport and provided more opportunities for the very crew he did not sign. Losing DGPT would be bad for disc golf. I cannot imagine why anyone, outside of the few directly impacted would wish for failure. As it stands we will all have more disc golf to watch.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-08-2019, 11:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 45
Niced 609 Times in 308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_clark View Post
Exactly. Who knows what kind of contract and commitment length Steve Dodge had the various tournament directors sign up for, but I’m all for TDs telling Steve to piss off and find a loop hole and get their tournament off of the DGPT schedule.
That's not going to happen. The TDs have a good relationship with DGPT and have been supportive. One of the main reasons they went in house with the media was to protect the title and supporting sponsors which the TDs work hard to obtain.

Also, there are 6 test events scheduled for next year. So there is obviously a demand from TDs wanting their events to become part of the tour.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Par Member

Niced 144 Times in 77 Posts

I'm just going to crack beers, create kush clouds and watch all the top coverage in 2019 can't wait

Niced: (4)
Old 02-08-2019, 04:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,455 Times in 2,350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pacific View Post
I'm just going to crack beers, create kush clouds and watch all the top coverage in 2019 can't wait
Dipe
Old 02-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 329
Niced 299 Times in 150 Posts

i don't understand why the assumption is that the DGPT broadcasts will likely be subpar.

disc golfers aren't the only demographic creating video content for youtube. cameramen, video editors, and all kinds of other people involved are going to have a lot of experience in their field. even if they've never seen a DG video before, they could watch a Jomez video and get a really quick sense of where the product is right now. i think it's nonsense and an insult to the craft of the people Dodge is gathering together to assume they'll put out a poor product.

the only exception is the camera crew... they need DG experience to know where to be, what angles look better, and to be able to keep up with what is happening on the course.

as far as commentary, they have made no announcements yet, right? i like BigSexy but i don't think they are that much better than a number of other commentators. i like Uli, Doss, Risley, Simon, sometimes BW. further, so long as they are not awful on the mic, i like to have any player that was on that card talking about the experience of the round and giving some insight and context to what i'm watching. i'll take that any day over BigSexy every single time. and for that matter, BigSexy isn't commentating on every single Jomez video anyway so how can you hold another channel to a standard that Jomez doesn't even reach.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.7
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,888 Times in 608 Posts

Careful what you wish for. You might get stuck with Crazy and Crump.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:52 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.8
Courses Played: 692
Niced 1,724 Times in 788 Posts

Can always bring back Houck and Stork but you might need to introduce them to some of the players.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:10 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,261 Times in 1,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAce1978 View Post
There are other excellent commentators out there besides BigSexy. I can't remember if it was a Ccdg or Jomez production but I was really impressed by Matt Dollar and his color commentary from the tourney he did last season. I'm sure someone on here remembers which event it was. He was thoughtful, smooth and informative in his coverage. BigSexy is a great team but I am willing to give some other guys a shot on the upcoming DGPT coverage especially if they get a few guys like Dollar.
Matt Dollar was putting out his own videos, and I liked his commentary on those. Haven't seen much from him, video-wise, lately, though.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.7
Courses Played: 52
Niced 199 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
That's not going to happen. The TDs have a good relationship with DGPT and have been supportive. One of the main reasons they went in house with the media was to protect the title and supporting sponsors which the TDs work hard to obtain.

Also, there are 6 test events scheduled for next year. So there is obviously a demand from TDs wanting their events to become part of the tour.
Yeah, just from the limited information I have on the DGPT there is really no downside to being a part of it.