Old 08-29-2017, 09:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 354 Times in 223 Posts

Any timeline on a restock of max weights?

I'll probably just go with lighter but wanted to check.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2017, 11:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 354 Times in 223 Posts

Oh man

I had my cart set a couple of hours ago and the eclipse discount code was working.

I waited around and now it doesn't work

Any other codes out there? I feel like an idiot that I missed the window.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:50 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 44
Niced 28 Times in 19 Posts

Just got 2 Gilas but haven't had a chance to throw them yet. When I took them out of the box for the first time, I was shocked at the extent to which the disc felt like a squashed-down Harp. Super-flat, shallow and with a very similar profile. Should I expect his to fly as much like a speed 5 Harp as it fells like?

Niced: (1)
Old 09-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 137 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesXC View Post
Just got 2 Gilas but haven't had a chance to throw them yet. When I took them out of the box for the first time, I was shocked at the extent to which the disc felt like a squashed-down Harp. Super-flat, shallow and with a very similar profile. Should I expect his to fly as much like a speed 5 Harp as it fells like?
I can tell a difference in the overstablity of the Gila vs. the Harp. I was looking for the same thing from this disc but it wasn't exactly what I found. Not a bad thing at all, I'd consider this more like what a Justice wished it could be or a midrange Firebird but for me, my amber flew a half tick or so more overstable than a Harp. I'd rate the LSS at 3.5. Def longer than a harp though, by quite a bit for me. It replaced more fairway driver shots than Harp shots for me.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 83
Niced 320 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfer25 View Post
I can tell a difference in the overstablity of the Gila vs. the Harp. I was looking for the same thing from this disc but it wasn't exactly what I found. Not a bad thing at all, I'd consider this more like what a Justice wished it could be or a midrange Firebird but for me, my amber flew a half tick or so more overstable than a Harp. I'd rate the LSS at 3.5. Def longer than a harp though, by quite a bit for me. It replaced more fairway driver shots than Harp shots for me.
I agree. The fade of a fresh Gila is much more violent than a Harp. The Harp has a strong but more rounded shaped fade. The Gila fades with aggression. It makes a logical step up from the Harp though because there is hardly any limit to the amount of power that a fresh amber Gila won't soak up. It does all of this without being stupid OS like a Justice which has a serious distance cap on it. When you're looking at a Harp line but don't think you can quite get it there, and you're not Ricky, the Gila fits the bill and fills the gap between your Harp and your Felon (or other OS fairway of choice). I will say that the Gila is so fast and has so much distance potential that it definitely will start to steal shots from the lower end of your typical Felon toolbag.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:21 PM
Par Member

Niced 43 Times in 32 Posts

So what are people pairing with their gila? I’m looking to grab a pair of fossil(maybe an amber too) and I don’t know what I plan to pair with it.

I like to keep similar feel, 2 disc pairings at different speed levels. Like envy/proxy, buzzz/buzzz os.

What mold do people use with their gila that feels like they belong together? Comet? Beat roc?
Old 09-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 580 Times in 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing but cage View Post
So what are people pairing with their gila? I’m looking to grab a pair of fossil(maybe an amber too) and I don’t know what I plan to pair with it.

I like to keep similar feel, 2 disc pairings at different speed levels. Like envy/proxy, buzzz/buzzz os.

What mold do people use with their gila that feels like they belong together? Comet? Beat roc?
I've gotten my Fossil to season into a pretty smooth line shaper. I can gun it over and get it to ride an anny to the ground.

If you want a similar speed disc with a different flight off the shelf, check out the new squared rim Element. They're great Discs that offer a less stable flight without being flippy.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 57 Times in 43 Posts

I'm going Amber Gila, 2x Fossil Gila, fresh Z Comet, beat Z Comet.

I throw Gilas on shots I want to throw hard, low, FH, or in the wind. Comets for finesse.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 83
Niced 320 Times in 217 Posts

Glow Gator, Amber Gila, Fossil Gila, Z Buzzz, ESP Buzzz

I can't quit the glow Gator. I use it as a utility FH disc and the Amber Gila for longer FHs. BH everything else.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 27 Times in 17 Posts

Amber Gila, fossil Gila, seasoned DX Roc, beat Roc3.

I need another fresh fossil as mines beat to straight and they go way longer than you'd think.