Old 08-31-2018, 11:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 182 Times in 113 Posts
Default It suddenly just felt right?

I haven't ever been able to feel good about putting... It always just felt awkward when putting from anything more than like 6 feet out. I tried different techniques, I gave three different putters a chance for the pure "putting" part: p&a aviar, roach, challenger. I have several of each and gave each a fair shake over the past two years as I tried to find my game... On a whim, I ordered a rattler last week but before it came in, I came across another disc I had never seen... heard of, even, the nova. I heard folks don't really like the nova for actual putting but wow, it felt great out of hand for me. I had one of my best putting rounds with it, but then got home to find my new rattler. And THAT disc feels even better in my hand...wtf?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2018, 11:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,099 Times in 1,192 Posts

lololol you dont even need a putter to frolf thats the funnest part
Old 08-31-2018, 11:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 182 Times in 113 Posts

See now, I learned to play by only throwing putters and a dx shark midrange... But once I learned a power grip, I never learned to actually "putt", and that's kind of really sucked.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,452 Times in 2,348 Posts

TWSS

Old 09-01-2018, 09:16 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 3
Niced 168 Times in 86 Posts

I use exclusively a KC-Pro Aviar for within the circle putting while playing. However, I know that you should practice with the same putter that you play with, but my practice basket is in the basement and for the last couple of years or so most of my practice has been using the Proton ION.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
I use exclusively a KC-Pro Aviar for within the circle putting while playing. However, I know that you should practice with the same putter that you play with, but my practice basket is in the basement and for the last couple of years or so most of my practice has been using the Proton ION.
no worries pretty soon youll be using that ion for everything driving and approaching and putting
Old 09-02-2018, 08:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 590 Times in 313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
TWSS
Came for this...

(TWSS hehehe)

Niced: (1)
Old 09-03-2018, 03:11 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 851 Times in 716 Posts

I went through several putters before finding the Magnet mold for my putters, First was Rubber Putter but wind issues, The Wizard but mine was the lower G9i and never worked as a putter. Finally I won a soft X Putt'r and the disc was great until the glide was gone when the top concave in after the disc broke in fairly quickly. I would have used a Putt'r as they felt amazing in the hand and had the speed I wanted but the glide is gone on those when they break in after ~30 putts hitting something. I did get the Pro D regular Magnet a red stiff one I lost in 2006 then took my brothers pre 2006 plastic one and got a orange Pro D in the newer plastic in 2006 I used until 2017. In 2017 I got the Jawbreaker after hitting a tree in a putt with the old Orange disc that was unable to be straitened out again. I have labbled the more beat in Jawbraker as approach putter and the other putter and drew the ring to the Pro D stamp on the Jawbreaker plastic in permanent marker for thumb placement.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I went through several putters before finding the Magnet mold for my putters, First was Rubber Putter but wind issues, The Wizard but mine was the lower G9i and never worked as a putter. Finally I won a soft X Putt'r and the disc was great until the glide was gone when the top concave in after the disc broke in fairly quickly. I would have used a Putt'r as they felt amazing in the hand and had the speed I wanted but the glide is gone on those when they break in after ~30 putts hitting something. I did get the Pro D regular Magnet a red stiff one I lost in 2006 then took my brothers pre 2006 plastic one and got a orange Pro D in the newer plastic in 2006 I used until 2017. In 2017 I got the Jawbreaker after hitting a tree in a putt with the old Orange disc that was unable to be straitened out again. I have labbled the more beat in Jawbraker as approach putter and the other putter and drew the ring to the Pro D stamp on the Jawbreaker plastic in permanent marker for thumb placement.
bruh how hard are you putting that you tacod the disc to the point of no return

Old 09-06-2018, 12:07 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 851 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
bruh how hard are you putting that you tacod the disc to the point of no return
I do not do that, taco a disc in a putt . Did You do that? I have putted hard enough to have a Rubber Putter the old non DuPont plastic one my first putter warp in the putt. The Rubber Putter when using the disc for a driving putter or regular putter if you have to fight wind while putting the disc warps in faster putts. The Putt'r just in the soft X does a concave in after it gets 30 or so putts to work the disc in, loosing all of the glide it has. Putt'r can handle lots of power due to its rim design and thus is easy to overpower past the basket to try to make up for the gilde, forcing a 2 putt most of the time from 20-25 feet and back sometimes even as short as 15 feet once the disc gets the concave in the top. I wish the Putt'r was still made in Pro D as it was when the Putt'r had its first one or two runs then they made it in Soft X only. Putt'r was the best disc ever for me for ~30 some putts. Magnet is closest I found that I like to the Putt'r and it has that rim part to put my first finger in while putting, to the point that I would only consider models that have that shape to the rim if getting a new mold of putter for putting. Only person who putts that hard is my brother used to do that with a beat to fly straight DX Gator as his putter and he had to re straighten to flat his disc a few times when he used a Gator for putting before putting slower, now has a Stud to use when he plays again.