#11  
Old 11-17-2018, 05:43 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 220
Posts: 15,300
Niced 3,010 Times in 1,835 Posts
Default

You really don't need to bend the elbow or wrist much at all, Feldberg throws the disc like it's a 10lbs sledgehammer. The heavier the weight of the swing, the less the elbow/wrist should bend. Don't worry about accelerating at a pec position, you should feel the weight of the hammer/disc swinging taut to your body like an Olympic Hammer Thrower and be able to accelerate at any point.

Watch how I swing back and forth with a completely straight arm at first, then I loosen up some let it swing more naturally and fluid, but I still don't much the elbow much and wrist almost locked. The hammer just pops out away from me with almost zero effort. Don't try to throw it far or hard, just effortless and smooth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KVWfUkQ3s&t=3m13s
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-21-2018, 05:55 PM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,541
Niced 354 Times in 223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
You really don't need to bend the elbow or wrist much at all, Feldberg throws the disc like it's a 10lbs sledgehammer. The heavier the weight of the swing, the less the elbow/wrist should bend. Don't worry about accelerating at a pec position, you should feel the weight of the hammer/disc swinging taut to your body like an Olympic Hammer Thrower and be able to accelerate at any point.

Watch how I swing back and forth with a completely straight arm at first, then I loosen up some let it swing more naturally and fluid, but I still don't much the elbow much and wrist almost locked. The hammer just pops out away from me with almost zero effort. Don't try to throw it far or hard, just effortless and smooth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KVWfUkQ3s&t=3m13s
Makes so much sense. I have to retrain my brain.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-21-2018, 05:59 PM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,541
Niced 354 Times in 223 Posts
Default

Still having trouble getting a video of one leg throwing. I'll try this weekend.


Decided to throw a bit with the x step today.

I concentrated on a small pump forward and getting a full (or better by my standards) back swing. It felt better but no video to check.

I'm still struggling with the idea of shifting the weight diagonal into the brace. Makes sense but I can't do it. Maybe my plant foot needs to be more staggered.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-22-2018, 12:08 AM
slowplastic slowplastic is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,254
Niced 2,597 Times in 1,648 Posts
Default

Don't think diagonal to the brace...shift along a line directly to the brace. The line may happen to be diagonal to your intended release point...but don't step outward or think "step left" or anything like that. Keep your momentum consistent and don't leak or drift.

It may be best to work on that in the open or in a situation where you aren't trying to hit a specific line or tunnel. So that you can keep your balance and direction in the strides, and see where/how the disc is releasing consistently for you.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-23-2018, 08:50 AM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,541
Niced 354 Times in 223 Posts
Default

I think I'm going to go ahead and buy video camera with all the deals right now.

Anyone know of something decent that I can use on a tripod but won't break the bank?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-23-2018, 10:27 AM
deyo7 deyo7 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 763
Niced 351 Times in 240 Posts
Default

Not what you asked but if you just want a tripod for your phone the joby gorilla pod PRO works well. Easier to carry than video cam and tripod

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-23-2018, 10:58 AM
timothy42b timothy42b is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Virginia
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 168
Niced 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I would bet 99% of the videos posted here were done with a smart phone rather than a video camera.

My phone doesn't have a screw hole to attach to a tripod, but a selfie stick has a clamp with the right threads, so I just took the clamp off a $3 selfie stick.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-23-2018, 12:36 PM
Lumberjack504's Avatar
Lumberjack504 Lumberjack504 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 434
Niced 161 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Not what you asked but if you just want a tripod for your phone the joby gorilla pod PRO works well. Easier to carry than video cam and tripod


2nd the gorilla pod. Perfect for this application


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-23-2018, 07:05 PM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,541
Niced 354 Times in 223 Posts
Default



So much wrong

Back to the one leg drill I'm guessing
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 11-24-2018, 12:42 AM
Lumberjack504's Avatar
Lumberjack504 Lumberjack504 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 434
Niced 161 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post


So much wrong

Back to the one leg drill I'm guessing
I see an overly long x-step (cross behind step) and some leaning back in the backswing. I'm dealing with very similar issues buddy. I don't think the one leg drill would ever hurt, but I'd check out the kick the can and the hershyzers too. Looks like you hit the disc pretty good though and your balance in the finish doesn't look bad!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titanic Declarkus Discs 14 03-15-2015 05:47 PM
Original Ript Deck JacobJohn The Marketplace 1 10-30-2013 02:28 PM
Derek Jeter Upper Deck SP rookie Card deadbody The Flea Market 7 12-24-2010 12:07 PM
Chairs on Sale!!! XxInnovaxX Discs 24 07-18-2009 08:28 PM
Tripod chairs JR Stengele Other Gear 2 09-24-2008 01:47 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.