Quote:
Maybe ABC is advertising for newbs, but "Everyone looking
to improve their game must be on a mission to leave themselves
with the shortest putts possible" or "we expect this disc to fly farther than
any other disc on the market"

Really? The farthest disc there is?
Yeah totally gimmicky...

Quote:
Hit the angle right and watch it bolt out of sight. The physical characteristics resemble a Boss with the flight characteristics of a Sidewinder on steroids. Master the technique of Katana and rule the course.
Quote:
The XCaliber is for those who have got to have the biggest and the baddest.
Quote:
Longer drives are now as easy as pushing a button: NUKE™ delivers virtually effortless maximum distance for moderate to expert players.
Quote:
This is Discraft's fastest overstable driver, with a wide rim and jaw-dropping glide that delivers a new level of distance potential.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 15
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

It's weird and gimmicky but relevant at the same time especially for the Xcal and the Nuke.

But I do see the way they (disc companies) market the "fastest and furthest' for their high speed drivers. Almost all beginners can't throw them correctly, but their bag is full of the speed 12+ driveers or massivley overstable bombers. It's nuts.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy

I'm just saying, they all do it.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 15
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

I wholeheartedly agree!

Is that a word?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,403 Times in 423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Yeah totally gimmicky...
Bill you can't even compare the writing...it's not on the same level. Gimmick is irrelevent, advertising is ALL gimmick.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

Any of The Money putters people have been seeing were prototypes, MAYBE in the current plastic. They ran into like 3 weird issues with the plastic during what was supposed to be "final" pressing.

Then they had issues with the hot stamps and they're currently working on how the F to get the hotstamps to take on the official release version of The Money.

They also ended up having to change one of the molds by a LOT so they added another disc that's called something like flying squirrel? I don't know I was told about this MONTHS ago and totally forgot to post it....and the new retooled version is I think the secret weapon....my mind is blanking on this right now.

Things are coming along well, and a lot of positive test runs out there, but nothing available to the public yet.

\/\/
Old 05-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 74
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRaph View Post
One issue I have with it is with the plastic's short-term durability. I smacked a tree with it on a short tunnel shot off the tee--an impact my Soft Gateway plastic would have taken in stride.
The Money Putter showed a very noticeable puff on the dome next to the point of impact. It looked bad enough that I was planning to bring it back to the seller to make the issue known. But, by the time I'd finished the next hole, the Money had fixed itself. Really strange.
That's right, I'm quoting myself...

After 3-4 more rounds and a couple more tree collisions with the Money Putter, I have to say that if they stick with the current plastic, I'm not going to be buying any more of these. Which I'm sort of bummed about, I like the idea of throwing a disc made in the Mighty MidWest.

My Money is quite weathered after only 3-4 tree smacks. The parts where the putter hit the tree are still sort of bent under, and the dome above is a bit lighter in color from where it has stretched/bent.

It still sails nice and slow on putts, but when I huck it hard off the tee I feel like I'm getting a noticeable amount more flutter than when it was new, even with a good amount of spin.

If they decide to switch to a more rugged plastic, I would consider trying it again. But I like to use the same mold putter for every shot, and with only this plastic to go from, I'd have to a buy a new one every couple rounds to be able to rely on its flight characteristics.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 74
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillACarpenter View Post
Then they had issues with the hot stamps and they're currently working on how the F to get the hotstamps to take on the official release version of The Money.
My Money Putter's stamp was pretty messed up when I bought it. So maybe mine is a prototype. I hope so, because me no likey the plastic.

I do like the mold a lot. It's sort of like a beadless Aviar, but with a "taller" lip. Really slow out of the gate, but a ton of glide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillACarpenter View Post
They also ended up having to change one of the molds by a LOT so they added another disc that's called something like flying squirrel? I don't know I was told about this MONTHS ago and totally forgot to post it....and the new retooled version is I think the secret weapon....my mind is blanking on this right now.
\/\/
I saw the Flying Squirrel. I didn't take a good look at it, but the plastic was a lot like the old Innova Valks, or the new Gateway Evolution HPP plastic. Really, really floppy.

Last edited by SirRaph; 05-04-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:52 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Having a lot of success with My Money!

I have had a lot of success with my Money putter. I played a tournament in Cedar Lake Indiana this past Sunday and shot two rounds rated over 1010 earning a tie for first against 24 other competitors. Lost in a playoff. Not too bad for 43 years old a full time job, 7 children and working diligently at getting a disc golf company off the ground. I have sponsored 3 other players and they are having great success with the putters. Yes the plastic is soft. It catches the chains really nice. I wish I could get my Money beat up as mine also has taken plenty of dings yet remains very stable. Hope this post gets up onto this site. Thanks to all for the support and all the feedback, both positive and negative. More to come. Be blessed now and practice your putting!

Dan Pastore

Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

how would you compare them to gateway?