Old 11-10-2020, 12:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 382 Times in 235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
Trilogy doesn’t have much in the overstable putter department. I have a very beat up prime Judge that still has Gentle stability, and won’t turn easily- pretty nice for driving if you like the bead (turns out I don’t). I’d rather throw the Harp off the tee. I’ve heard people throw the Caltrop, but I don’t have experience. If you can get a Discontinued Slammer before they’re gone (They are on the shelf at the DD store in Kansas City), might be worthwhile. It’s like a Pig with the lip on top.
You've never thrown a Sinus. Great OS putter, a favorite of Dave Feldberg.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-10-2020, 01:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 526
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,941 Times in 907 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I think Nikko is still using them too.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 62 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azplaya25 View Post
Anyone throw a crown?
I played this year's Trilogy Challenge and have been throwing the Hybrid Crown since then to test it out. It's very similar to the Shield, which was a favorite throwing putter of mine. The Crown still has its gentle fade to it so it feels like a slightly worn in Shield, but a bit shallower with a little more of a bead.

Side note: I did win a share of an Ace/CTP at the Trilogy Challenge throwing the Crown which got me $100.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 43
Niced 937 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed they have some X out crowns for 6 bucks a pop. Anyone throw a crown? Good advice on the shield, I’ve thrown a shield and really liked it. Opto pure looks interesting for sure
I bagged Crowns for a season. It's a great, underrated mold. I ultimately moved onto Judges because:
a) I wanted more plastic options and a more reliable inventory, and this was pre-Nikko so Crowns were only available in a couple plastics and were often sold out; and
b) I wanted something a little slower, more workable, and that would beat into understable.

From what you're describing, a couple Crowns in different plastic types would be perfect for you. I think of the Crown as a "Judge Pro" - similar hand feel and flies just a touch faster with more late-flight fade. Also a great putting putter on a breezy day if you like a bead.

Old 11-10-2020, 11:27 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 336 Times in 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Thank you for the heads up! My bad for only owning four trilogy putters and using flight numbers for comparison of the rest.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 570 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I bagged Crowns for a season. It's a great, underrated mold. I ultimately moved onto Judges because:
a) I wanted more plastic options and a more reliable inventory, and this was pre-Nikko so Crowns were only available in a couple plastics and were often sold out; and
b) I wanted something a little slower, more workable, and that would beat into understable.

From what you're describing, a couple Crowns in different plastic types would be perfect for you. I think of the Crown as a "Judge Pro" - similar hand feel and flies just a touch faster with more late-flight fade. Also a great putting putter on a breezy day if you like a bead.

Great info, appreciate it!
Old 11-10-2020, 03:27 PM
Eagle Member

One last question for you trilogy experts....if one wanted a trilogy disc that was closest to a champion rancho roc, what disc would that be? Maybe a bard? Wouldn’t mind finding something OS between my vip harp and my champ eagle
Old 11-10-2020, 04:04 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 336 Times in 195 Posts

Quote:
One last question for you trilogy experts....if one wanted a trilogy disc that was closest to a champion rancho roc, what disc would that be? Maybe a bard? Wouldn’t mind finding something OS between my vip harp and my champ eagle
Edit: I throw the Harp and the champ Eagle. The Verdict is overstable with glide in between those two. Lucid-X is fantastic. After lots and lots of tree hits, the fade mellows just a hair.

Last edited by seedlings; 11-10-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:25 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,689 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Tournament Bard is very close. The Origio ones are super flat and good for FH but the TP ones are awesome as a champ Roc replacement. I got fed up with paying for USDGC rocs a few years ago and switched to Bards and never looked back.

Anchor could work too, but it’s got a funkier hand feel.

Old 11-15-2020, 12:30 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post

Ended up grabbing a stack of X out crowns for $6.99 a pop in Orgio plastic. These things feel and fly fantastic. Also, really impressed with Orgio...as a baseline plastic it does not get enough love. Feels like a better kc pro to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk