#2061  
Old 11-15-2020, 05:28 PM
Billyray Billyray is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: St Charles, IL
Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 149
Niced 172 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Don't clubs and courses get a discount for ordering in bulk? I cant imagine replacing every basket 1 at a time is saving anything as you pay higher price per basket plus shipping on each order.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2062  
Old 11-15-2020, 05:41 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is offline
Size Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,219
Niced 235 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
Don't clubs and courses get a discount for ordering in bulk? I cant imagine replacing every basket 1 at a time is saving anything as you pay higher price per basket plus shipping on each order.
1 course at a time when those 30 year old baskets are junk.
Reply With Quote
  #2063  
Old 11-15-2020, 05:45 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,504
Niced 5,107 Times in 1,754 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
We can change too as old baskets wear out put in new ones. Costs nothing, in fact saves millions because the baskets would be smaller and using less metal, is a little lighter so less shipping cost.
28 million dollar folly. Get some help.
Reply With Quote
  #2064  
Old 11-15-2020, 05:47 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,292
Niced 2,675 Times in 1,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
When they NEED replacing anyways. Baskets don't last forever, they need replacing. THEN you get the cheaper smaller basket. Now you saved millions.
So I have a course of 18 standard baskets and one gets smushed by a tree and we are to replace it with a completely different basket? Yeah that'll go over with the local players REALLY well. Again, I'm convinced you don't play disc golf otherwise you'd already know this.

And what you propose would be some courses with these smaller baskets and some with standard - for many many years as we go through the agonizingly slow process of phasing in these new baskets. Thus serving only to piss off the disc golf masses but again, if you actually play disc golf with other disc golfers you'd already know this.

Plus I say a completely different basket because I truly have NO CLUE what is really meant when you say a smaller basket since you have yet to submit a design or prototype of any sort. Just a bunch of hot air at this point.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #2065  
Old 11-15-2020, 06:01 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is offline
Size Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,219
Niced 235 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
So I have a course of 18 standard baskets and one gets smushed by a tree and we are to replace it with a completely different basket? Yeah that'll go over with the local players REALLY well. Again, I'm convinced you don't play disc golf otherwise you'd already know this.

And what you propose would be some courses with these smaller baskets and some with standard - for many many years as we go through the agonizingly slow process of phasing in these new baskets. Thus serving only to piss off the disc golf masses but again, if you actually play disc golf with other disc golfers you'd already know this.

Plus I say a completely different basket because I truly have NO CLUE what is really meant when you say a smaller basket since you have yet to submit a design or prototype of any sort. Just a bunch of hot air at this point.
Buy one old version and upgrade in 20 years.

I already play on different baskets at every course. In fact some courses have mixed baskets (Prodigy and Mach 3's for instance).
Reply With Quote
  #2066  
Old 11-15-2020, 06:02 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is offline
Size Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,219
Niced 235 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
28 million dollar folly. Get some help.
Do you understand changing baskets 20-30 years from now and not now. Are you ok man?
Reply With Quote
  #2067  
Old 11-15-2020, 06:09 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,504
Niced 5,107 Times in 1,754 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
Do you understand changing baskets 20-30 years from now and not now. Are you ok man?
It is more useless, unsubstantiated, pretend visions of your old and chemically imbalanced brain. No, if you want smaller baskets, nobody is going to tolerate two sizes. They must all be replaced. Part of the ill conceived, poorly thought out and impossible stupidity.

There is NO way around the 28 million dollar number. Just make up some lies, convince only yourself of it's veracity and carry on. Just include your plans to raise 298 million dollars.

It is the only part of this thread that is not made up.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2068  
Old 11-15-2020, 06:20 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is offline
Size Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,219
Niced 235 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
It is more useless, unsubstantiated, pretend visions of your old and chemically imbalanced brain. No, if you want smaller baskets, nobody is going to tolerate two sizes. They must all be replaced. Part of the ill conceived, poorly thought out and impossible stupidity.

There is NO way around the 28 million dollar number. Just make up some lies, convince only yourself of it's veracity and carry on. Just include your plans to raise 298 million dollars.

It is the only part of this thread that is not made up.
Who cares what course has which basket design. As I said I play on different baskets that catch differently every single day. Do you even disc golf? I play on Mach X, Mach 3, Prodigies various, discatcher, you name it. Do you play on the same basket at every course now? No you don't.

If a new course comes in with a smaller design what are going to do? There are courses with bullseyes or tourney layouts with bullseyes. I didn't hear you cry about it before?

Heck there are tone pole courses, homemade baskets and cones. What are you doing about those?
Reply With Quote
  #2069  
Old 11-15-2020, 06:27 PM
DavidSauls's Avatar
DavidSauls DavidSauls is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newberry, SC
Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 127
Posts: 16,237
Niced 5,924 Times in 2,280 Posts
Default

The plan's to make putting 10% harder on 3% of the courses each year....that is, make putting 0.3% harder each year, across the board.

Revolution!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #2070  
Old 11-15-2020, 06:27 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,292
Niced 2,675 Times in 1,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
Who cares what course has which basket design. As I said I play on different baskets that catch differently every single day. Do you even disc golf? I play on Mach X, Mach 3, Prodigies various, discatcher, you name it. Do you play on the same basket at every course now? No you don't.

If a new course comes in with a smaller design what are going to do? There are courses with bullseyes or tourney layouts with bullseyes. I didn't hear you cry about it before?

Heck there are tone pole courses, homemade baskets and cones. What are you doing about those?
Yes those baskets are different - but not substantially different. What you are proposing is SUBSTANTIALLY different - maybe? But again, since we've not seen any sort of drawing or what ever based on what you are proposing no one has any clue how different these smaller baskets would be. Get a freaking drawing/design/prototype/ANYTHING and maybe we could have a reasonable discussion otherwise your argument is incredibly stupid.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why don't the pros throw 13 and 14 speed discs? DarkAce1978 General Disc Golf Chat 61 05-26-2018 06:07 PM
Rhyno: Why don't more pros use them? spahnandsain Discs 48 11-24-2017 04:01 AM
Smaller basket name? AzteC Other Gear 6 08-08-2014 12:56 AM
DG pros rock - shoutout to Sarah Hokom & Don Smith Timeetyo General Disc Golf Chat 24 06-19-2014 05:46 PM
2012 Worlds: Invited Pros - don't wait. Your spot will be taken on May 1. Spinthrift Tournaments & Leagues 2 04-20-2012 10:31 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.