Old 11-15-2020, 05:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 172 Times in 64 Posts

Don't clubs and courses get a discount for ordering in bulk? I cant imagine replacing every basket 1 at a time is saving anything as you pay higher price per basket plus shipping on each order.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2020, 05:41 PM
Size Queen

Niced 235 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
Don't clubs and courses get a discount for ordering in bulk? I cant imagine replacing every basket 1 at a time is saving anything as you pay higher price per basket plus shipping on each order.
1 course at a time when those 30 year old baskets are junk.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,107 Times in 1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
We can change too as old baskets wear out put in new ones. Costs nothing, in fact saves millions because the baskets would be smaller and using less metal, is a little lighter so less shipping cost.
28 million dollar folly. Get some help.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 92
Niced 2,675 Times in 1,077 Posts

Quote:
When they NEED replacing anyways. Baskets don't last forever, they need replacing. THEN you get the cheaper smaller basket. Now you saved millions.
So I have a course of 18 standard baskets and one gets smushed by a tree and we are to replace it with a completely different basket? Yeah that'll go over with the local players REALLY well. Again, I'm convinced you don't play disc golf otherwise you'd already know this.

And what you propose would be some courses with these smaller baskets and some with standard - for many many years as we go through the agonizingly slow process of phasing in these new baskets. Thus serving only to piss off the disc golf masses but again, if you actually play disc golf with other disc golfers you'd already know this.

Plus I say a completely different basket because I truly have NO CLUE what is really meant when you say a smaller basket since you have yet to submit a design or prototype of any sort. Just a bunch of hot air at this point.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-15-2020, 06:01 PM
Size Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
So I have a course of 18 standard baskets and one gets smushed by a tree and we are to replace it with a completely different basket? Yeah that'll go over with the local players REALLY well. Again, I'm convinced you don't play disc golf otherwise you'd already know this.

And what you propose would be some courses with these smaller baskets and some with standard - for many many years as we go through the agonizingly slow process of phasing in these new baskets. Thus serving only to piss off the disc golf masses but again, if you actually play disc golf with other disc golfers you'd already know this.

Plus I say a completely different basket because I truly have NO CLUE what is really meant when you say a smaller basket since you have yet to submit a design or prototype of any sort. Just a bunch of hot air at this point.
Buy one old version and upgrade in 20 years.

I already play on different baskets at every course. In fact some courses have mixed baskets (Prodigy and Mach 3's for instance).
Old 11-15-2020, 06:02 PM
Size Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
28 million dollar folly. Get some help.
Do you understand changing baskets 20-30 years from now and not now. Are you ok man?
Old 11-15-2020, 06:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,107 Times in 1,754 Posts

Quote:
Do you understand changing baskets 20-30 years from now and not now. Are you ok man?
It is more useless, unsubstantiated, pretend visions of your old and chemically imbalanced brain. No, if you want smaller baskets, nobody is going to tolerate two sizes. They must all be replaced. Part of the ill conceived, poorly thought out and impossible stupidity.

There is NO way around the 28 million dollar number. Just make up some lies, convince only yourself of it's veracity and carry on. Just include your plans to raise 298 million dollars.

It is the only part of this thread that is not made up.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-15-2020, 06:20 PM
Size Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
It is more useless, unsubstantiated, pretend visions of your old and chemically imbalanced brain. No, if you want smaller baskets, nobody is going to tolerate two sizes. They must all be replaced. Part of the ill conceived, poorly thought out and impossible stupidity.

There is NO way around the 28 million dollar number. Just make up some lies, convince only yourself of it's veracity and carry on. Just include your plans to raise 298 million dollars.

It is the only part of this thread that is not made up.
Who cares what course has which basket design. As I said I play on different baskets that catch differently every single day. Do you even disc golf? I play on Mach X, Mach 3, Prodigies various, discatcher, you name it. Do you play on the same basket at every course now? No you don't.

If a new course comes in with a smaller design what are going to do? There are courses with bullseyes or tourney layouts with bullseyes. I didn't hear you cry about it before?

Heck there are tone pole courses, homemade baskets and cones. What are you doing about those?
Old 11-15-2020, 06:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,924 Times in 2,280 Posts

The plan's to make putting 10% harder on 3% of the courses each year....that is, make putting 0.3% harder each year, across the board.

Revolution!

Niced: (1)

Old 11-15-2020, 06:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 92
Niced 2,675 Times in 1,077 Posts

Quote:
Who cares what course has which basket design. As I said I play on different baskets that catch differently every single day. Do you even disc golf? I play on Mach X, Mach 3, Prodigies various, discatcher, you name it. Do you play on the same basket at every course now? No you don't.

If a new course comes in with a smaller design what are going to do? There are courses with bullseyes or tourney layouts with bullseyes. I didn't hear you cry about it before?

Heck there are tone pole courses, homemade baskets and cones. What are you doing about those?
Yes those baskets are different - but not substantially different. What you are proposing is SUBSTANTIALLY different - maybe? But again, since we've not seen any sort of drawing or what ever based on what you are proposing no one has any clue how different these smaller baskets would be. Get a freaking drawing/design/prototype/ANYTHING and maybe we could have a reasonable discussion otherwise your argument is incredibly stupid.