Old 04-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 277 Times in 203 Posts

When. The PDGA makes PGA revenues a reality you will see this kind of thing happening.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2018, 08:10 PM

Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do agree with a point that money is involved. With that being said none of them are filming and following for money. I am sure that some of them do well now, but most of them are using decent handhelds (for the record no idea how much or what camera differences are). One thing I do know is that they are nowhere close to what PGA is using but they are on a smaller course scale than PGA is so it would still be achievable. I am sure that they all have thought of that for sure I am just curious to see what is the deal breaker or missing link to it?
Old 04-16-2018, 08:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.9
Courses Played: 222
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 491 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyDCI View Post
I do agree with a point that money is involved. With that being said none of them are filming and following for money. I am sure that some of them do well now, but most of them are using decent handhelds (for the record no idea how much or what camera differences are). One thing I do know is that they are nowhere close to what PGA is using but they are on a smaller course scale than PGA is so it would still be achievable. I am sure that they all have thought of that for sure I am just curious to see what is the deal breaker or missing link to it?
I suspect that you have no idea of the amount of technology, infrastructure, financial backing and manpower that goes into the production of a PGA tournament broadcast. Honestly, the comparison is apples and oranges.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-16-2018, 11:25 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 348
Niced 298 Times in 119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyDCI View Post
One thing I do know is that they are nowhere close to what PGA is using but they are on a smaller course scale than PGA is so it would still be achievable. I am sure that they all have thought of that for sure I am just curious to see what is the deal breaker or missing link to it?
The missing link is that there's not much return on investment, as a great deal of us who play casually or even competitively don't find watching disc golf tournaments online all that entertaining, whether live or edited. Better camera technology, or better commentary or fancier graphics packages aren't going to change that as those things were never the problem.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:10 AM
Par Member

Niced 20 Times in 17 Posts

Let’s just be thankful for jomez. and big sexy, viewership would be 50% without them. They make disc golf fun to watch