Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?
Kids, damn kids on my lawn. It never used to be popular and crowded. 20 15.75%
The sun is hotter than it used to be! 8 6.30%
The attitude that Ed's dead long live McBeth.. Don't these kids know where we came from! 0 0%
Trading "hippies" for "hipsters" 13 10.24%
Too many discs! Back in my day it was a putter, mid and driver. 9 7.09%
The reclassification of my current distance driver as a "fairway driver" 3 2.36%
Mowed and manicured courses, back in my day the rough was rough! 3 2.36%
Thumber, tomahawks, OH.. That's not how a disc is supposed to fly dumbass 6 4.72%
Some 14 year old throwing 200' further than me. 46 36.22%
I've got my own complaint.. See below. 19 14.96%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2019, 10:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 602 Times in 427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
I don't ever think I've ever bickered about anything like this on a disc golf course. Some people suck....any age... go throw plastic and be grateful you get to play.
I'm with you... I have seen bickering and dickering about stuff especially foot faults. I'm really glad the PDGA has relaxed the footing rule, in my little world it has made a big difference. Some of the cranky players, yes all older IME, used to call foot faults whether they were or not to at least disrupt the rhythm. It was used as a crafty/cranky advantage, I don't worry about it anymore, I know my foot is roughly in that box.

Just happy to play... I've had plenty of injuries, had to play wrong handed for months at a time, I even played with crutches a bunch too. I really just love watching a disc fly, even if it's a Comet one disc round just for the purity of the sport. Doesn't matter I can't get it as far as I used to, if I want to feel awesome I jump in with some amateurs. Sometimes I play with ams wrong handed and then sneak a drive in with my regular hand and see if they notice.
Sponsored Links