Old 04-29-2018, 01:47 PM
Par Member

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Just got a 2nd run blue sublime. Flattest one I've come across. Pretty dumpy. I gotta say I have 5 different alphas; none of them fly even close to the same way. Candy pink and blue sublime may be the closest.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 20 Times in 16 Posts

I picked up a 2nd run Blue Sublime while in Houston for work, I initially was frustrated because I was reading all about how its a power driver and I kept flipping it over. after getting back to MN I had alot of time to build my bag and I decided instead of treating the Alpha as a OS driver to treat it as a straight to US flyer and have it go head to head against my FD and Leo3. it quickly knocked out the FD and has been paying dividends as a straight flyer.

I was out this weekend at Blue Ribbon Pines on the infamous Hole 4 (444', Pine trees on both sides the hole length of the fairway) Piped my Alpha straight down the center almost 3/4th of the way, made for a easy upshot almost a run at Eagle and drop in 3 my best score on that hole ever. And last night at Kaposia had alot of tunnel shots and I was trusting the Alpha to fly straight and true and minimize fading out and getting into trouble.

Now I'm reading the 2nd runs (especially the blue sublime) was a bit of an anomaly and I can't find any to get a backup for, hope lighting strikes twice on the next run or I stumble across one.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 40
Niced 234 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskiebite View Post
Now I'm reading the 2nd runs (especially the blue sublime) was a bit of an anomaly and I can't find any to get a backup for, hope lighting strikes twice on the next run or I stumble across one.
The ripple blue Remix Sports Ronin on Amazon is very similar to the 2nd run blue sublimes. It is not PDGA approved though.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 334 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskiebite View Post
I picked up a 2nd run Blue Sublime while in Houston for work, I initially was frustrated because I was reading all about how its a power driver and I kept flipping it over. after getting back to MN I had alot of time to build my bag and I decided instead of treating the Alpha as a OS driver to treat it as a straight to US flyer and have it go head to head against my FD and Leo3. it quickly knocked out the FD and has been paying dividends as a straight flyer.

I was out this weekend at Blue Ribbon Pines on the infamous Hole 4 (444', Pine trees on both sides the hole length of the fairway) Piped my Alpha straight down the center almost 3/4th of the way, made for a easy upshot almost a run at Eagle and drop in 3 my best score on that hole ever. And last night at Kaposia had alot of tunnel shots and I was trusting the Alpha to fly straight and true and minimize fading out and getting into trouble.

Who dis?

haha kidding, I live in St Paul and Play BRP and Kaposia pretty often - more-so Bethel lately, now Elm and Bryant are open so theres that. I've really wanted to try an Alpha but my Teebird3 is pretty much a lock - so was curious of the straighter ones - I also hope for another anomaly like that - keep me posted!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:50 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 57 Times in 32 Posts

If you can't come into a blue sublime, you may enjoy the purple Apex as a substitute. Also quite understable once beaten in, sort of like a TL.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 159
Niced 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I live in St Paul and Play BRP and Kaposia pretty often
I just got the season pass and work flex hours start next week so I'll be at Kap or the Valley every other Friday afternoon.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

Is there an estimate on when the stock stamped 3rd run eternals and apexes will be available? I'm thinking of cutting down on the bag and am guessing that these could replace both Teebirds and PDs.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:01 PM

Years Playing: 2.3
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Likewise, would love to hear what the word is on the next stock run of these, been throwing a pair of the stiff 2nd run Apex yellows (which I love) and would love to pick up a couple more in a more stable/understable plastic and/or color.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

Took on the famous idle wild today. Spent most of the day teeing with my 2nd run eternal pearly green, or apex yellow. Can’t begin to even state the confidence these provide. Truly a stroke saver

Old 06-20-2018, 11:39 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 252 Times in 173 Posts

Look, I get the appeal of one mold that flies differently off the shelf. It sounds like the producers of this disc are committed to fostering a consistent way to track flight similarities what with the run #s and the spreadsheet and all. But unless they have figured out how to manipulate the molding variables and are willing to consistently release discs that cover the spectrum, bagging Alphas sounds like a headache akin to tracking down one's favorite run of Destroyer. No thanks!