Old 09-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 119 Times in 59 Posts

No opinion on R-Pro.
But if you happen to find old Ontario mold soft pro Rhynos that are stamped R-Pro...those are all garbage. Make sure you send them to me for proper disposal
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 131
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 151 Times in 90 Posts

There are 4 ways to win at one of the leagues I regularly partake in.

(1) CTP: a disc from a collection of donated discs goes to the closest to pin drive on a predetermined hole. Buy in is 1$

(2) Birdie Pot: 6 random holes are preselected for the birdie pot. 50$ goes to the player that hits them all, which very rarely occurs. Otherwise, the player with the most birds wins 5$. In the instance of a tie, we do a quick playoff CTP between the tied players. Buy in is 1$

(3) Handicap: The TD averages the 3 most recent rounds to determine player handicaps. The winner, plus handicap if applicable, gets a free food voucher donated by local fast food restaurants. The handicap appeals to a broad spectrum of players, which helps bring all the boys, sometimes girls, to the yard. The entry fee is 3$

(4) Ace Pot: It's free with the entry fee. Our ace pot is always 50$ no matter what. If there are multiple aces by different players then it's split between them. Our is birdie pot is easily replenished between aces

Ovibously, the dollar amounts can be customized to build a club bankroll , but the ideas are sound. Ours is a handicap charity league, where the club covers entry fees if players decide to bring 3 cans of food for charity . A player paying 5$ or 2$ plus 3 cans of food, could potentially walk away with 100$ (ace pot+birdie pot), a disc, and a hot meal all in a single night.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 67
Niced 176 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
There are 4 ways to win at one of the leagues I regularly partake in.

(1) CTP: a disc from a collection of donated discs goes to the closest to pin drive on a predetermined hole. Buy in is 1$

(2) Birdie Pot: 6 random holes are preselected for the birdie pot. 50$ goes to the player that hits them all, which very rarely occurs. Otherwise, the player with the most birds wins 5$. In the instance of a tie, we do a quick playoff CTP between the tied players. Buy in is 1$

(3) Handicap: The TD averages the 3 most recent rounds to determine player handicaps. The winner, plus handicap if applicable, gets a free food voucher donated by local fast food restaurants. The handicap appeals to a broad spectrum of players, which helps bring all the boys, sometimes girls, to the yard. The entry fee is 3$

(4) Ace Pot: It's free with the entry fee. Our ace pot is always 50$ no matter what. If there are multiple aces by different players then it's split between them. Our is birdie pot is easily replenished between aces

Ovibously, the dollar amounts can be customized to build a club bankroll , but the ideas are sound. Ours is a handicap charity league, where the club covers entry fees if players decide to bring 3 cans of food for charity . A player paying 5$ or 2$ plus 3 cans of food, could potentially walk away with 100$ (ace pot+birdie pot), a disc, and a hot meal all in a single night.
Some neat ideas here. We're already doing variations of 1, 2 and 4 but it's neat to hear how others are doing it. 3 I'm not sure I've ever heard of. That's really cool and I think I may try to do that soon.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 238
Niced 423 Times in 267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
Ovibously,
You've just coined a new favorite word for me. Thank you!

Niced: (2)
Old 09-13-2017, 08:58 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 82
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Wow, you've been able to convince 8 whole new people to show up for leagues.

Seriously...this is what you brag about? Pretty sad.
This post is pretty sad!

The world is full of people like this.....and people like this are full of ......

Old 09-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 124
Niced 47 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
No opinion on R-Pro.
But if you happen to find old Ontario mold soft pro Rhynos that are stamped R-Pro...those are all garbage. Make sure you send them to me for proper disposal
Hey, I did that one time!

Old 09-13-2017, 05:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 115
Niced 97 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
No opinion on R-Pro.
Send them to me first. I'm his acting QC director. I need to evaluate them all before he gets them.