Disc Golf Center
Old 08-16-2017, 03:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 497 Times in 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
I think those Tournament Prediction threads are missing an opportunity. We need to start a pool for "Which topic will the last few survivors on a tournament-specific thread end up fighting over?"
Okay, that was snark. Damned good snark, but still.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2017, 03:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 93
Niced 313 Times in 173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
I hear all of that, and I'll take you guys at your word. But there is a difference (HUGE!!!) between "little maintenance" and no maintenance. Anyone can do "no maintenance". Someone has to do "little maintenance" and on a regular schedule. I'm curious to see if nay course has had permanently installed turf and for more than 5 years. And I'd like to hear about their upkeep schedule.
Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County, VA is on their 6th year with the shorter "no fill" turf- no maintenance and no issues to this point.

I have 2 longer turf with sand for fill tees at Hawk Hollow that have been in the ground for roughly 10 years. no maintenance and no problems. (unless you consider cattle walking all over them to be maintenance) Admittedly Hawk Hollow gets minimal play.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 246 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
Last comment, go watch the 2016 Memorial. Pros commented on the Mach Xs and their issues.

I think you are only listening to the comments that fit your agenda. Each basket has problems. One from too light of chains, the other from trying to solve the problem.
Previous was gonna be my last comment, but you're calling me out. Already watched it and listened to the comments. Stiff chains push out more putts that might have stuck on lighter ones. We're used to having discs get caught left or right of center on Discatchers, for example, Pro or Am side. Those putts shouldn't be sticking in the first place. X's shrink the target space, and the target space is more reliable.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 86
Niced 35 Times in 28 Posts

From the European Open, I know, but saw McBeth's putt here on an Innova basket (I marked the starting time at an awesome Barsby putt). I don't know which basket, but problems with putts come on different baskets, different makes, different places...

Old 08-17-2017, 10:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 94
Niced 306 Times in 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
I think those Tournament Prediction threads are missing an opportunity. We need to start a pool for "Which topic will the last few survivors on a tournament-specific thread end up fighting over?"
(a) Targets
(b) The course (especially OB)
(c) Some pro's personal life
(d) Par
(e) Trump

Niced: (2)