Old 10-24-2017, 09:45 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 108 Times in 85 Posts

Have a question about the Anode-seems everyone is sleeping on this mold? Is it as dead straight, no questions asked as the proxy? I gave in and tried the Ion and it has now kicked the envy out of my bag (still holding onto my old friend, but it's not in there for now) and I'm a sucker for similar hand feel. Also, how are plasma anodes? I've got a plasma ion and I'd love to rock them in the same plastic.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2017, 09:09 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 925 Times in 612 Posts

It’s probably got a touch more fade than the Proxy, but not as HSS as the Envy. The main thing for me is that the grip is very Wizard like, which is a little deeper than I like to throw.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-25-2017, 09:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 177 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
Have a question about the Anode-seems everyone is sleeping on this mold? Is it as dead straight, no questions asked as the proxy? I gave in and tried the Ion and it has now kicked the envy out of my bag (still holding onto my old friend, but it's not in there for now) and I'm a sucker for similar hand feel. Also, how are plasma anodes? I've got a plasma ion and I'd love to rock them in the same plastic.
Ion-Anode-Spin is an excellent setup.

As for the Anode it's weird to watch a disc hyzer for most of its flight and never really fade. It will fade nicely on a hyzer if you don't rip into it, but on a hard rip it's just going straight. Plasma is a great choice for the Anode too.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:27 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,088 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Just comes down to if you like deep vs shallow and beaded vs no bead or like to carry different molds etc. All the ion core molds are great in every plastic. I hate electron really but it works for that really fun seasoned ion flight. Plasma anode should fly like a proxy with more glide.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 5
Niced 674 Times in 474 Posts

I guess the question is what isn't the Ion doing for you and at what range. Proxy is freaky straight all the way through its flight, the Spin is closer to the same characteristics at short range, but the Anode is more like it at longer range. When I throw the Spin on 80' putts I keep wishing it was an Anode for the touch of fade right at the end but I'm an Envy guy. The Anode responds well to go straight on a flat throw, nose down.. The Spin will still fly straight with a little nose up and hyzer.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 6
Niced 445 Times in 238 Posts

I bag an ion in proton and a soft proton anode. My ion has a hint of fade at the end, while my anode is laser straight. Im throwing the anode around 230' fwiw, and can get the ion to 260' on a great rip.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:17 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 108 Times in 85 Posts

My ion has some fade at the end out to about 300. Proxy goes dead straight but it doesn't handle powered down shots as well as I'd like, and I prefer the Ion to the envy... would rather go Ion-anode than Ion-proxy
Old 10-27-2017, 09:29 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 313 Times in 215 Posts

Quote:
My ion has some fade at the end out to about 300. Proxy goes dead straight but it doesn't handle powered down shots as well as I'd like, and I prefer the Ion to the envy... would rather go Ion-anode than Ion-proxy
Not to nitpick but, to me, the Proxy's "zero fade" (mine anyway, Soft Prox) makes it one of the best powering down discs there is... Not that an ion-anode wouldn't be a better setup for you, just wondering how it's not powering down well for you and how anode will change that...
Old 10-27-2017, 09:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,785 Times in 2,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Not to nitpick but, to me, the Proxy's "zero fade" (mine anyway, Soft Prox) makes it one of the best powering down discs there is... Not that an ion-anode wouldn't be a better setup for you, just wondering how it's not powering down well for you and how anode will change that...
If you're a low spin/snap player, it can/will drop like a stone. I speak from personal experience...

Niced: (1)

Old 10-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 313 Times in 215 Posts

Seen some people raving about the easy distance with the newer high speed drivers (Teleport, Mayhem, Relativity, Tenacity). Seems that most of the reviews for the Teleport (stable) and Mayhem (slightly less stable Octane) are relatively consistent and easy to get an idea of how they might fly. But for the Relativity and Tenacity, I've seen reviews and comments all over the board in terms of an expected flight. There are even conflicting reviews in terms of which is the more stable of the two; at the same time, there are reviews that suggest there's a huge difference with one being extremely understable in early portion of flight. Some say Relativity was close to Teleport; others, it's extremely understable. I'm guessing it's primarily related to different abilities of the reviewers? Anyone else throwing those two and able to add clarity?
Closed Thread