Old 10-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 42 Times in 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JOwens View Post
Alright, I need something between my Relay and Vanish. Somewhere near a beat in Escape in stability IE fairly straight. The only Volt I have thrown was an OS fission of all things. I don't know if that is indicative of them all or I just got an outlier. I am thinking Insanity or Tesla, but have not thrown either so looking for input

Get an Electron Volt, and go play 3 rounds with it.

Boom - there is your beat Escape.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2017, 11:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 5
Niced 675 Times in 475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
My ion has some fade at the end out to about 300. Proxy goes dead straight but it doesn't handle powered down shots as well as I'd like, and I prefer the Ion to the envy... would rather go Ion-anode than Ion-proxy
Have you thought about a Spin? You may as well just give in to the need for plastic and get both. Haha. I found the Anode / ion combo a little redundant myself I rode the Anode train for years until I got an Envy.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 6
Niced 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Seen some people raving about the easy distance with the newer high speed drivers (Teleport, Mayhem, Relativity, Tenacity). Seems that most of the reviews for the Teleport (stable) and Mayhem (slightly less stable Octane) are relatively consistent and easy to get an idea of how they might fly. But for the Relativity and Tenacity, I've seen reviews and comments all over the board in terms of an expected flight. There are even conflicting reviews in terms of which is the more stable of the two; at the same time, there are reviews that suggest there's a huge difference with one being extremely understable in early portion of flight. Some say Relativity was close to Teleport; others, it's extremely understable. I'm guessing it's primarily related to different abilities of the reviewers? Anyone else throwing those two and able to add clarity?
Basically, and this is from experience, if you are not throwing over 400 feet, you are not going to see the advertised flight path from any disc in the teleport class. If you are throwing 350 and want to throw every drive at 100% and sacrifice accuracy, you might get an extra 20 to 30 feet. I personally throw the insanity class further and more accurately than the teleport class because disc speed and arm speed match.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 313 Times in 215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedg1976 View Post
Basically, and this is from experience, if you are not throwing over 400 feet, you are not going to see the advertised flight path from any disc in the teleport class. If you are throwing 350 and want to throw every drive at 100% and sacrifice accuracy, you might get an extra 20 to 30 feet. I personally throw the insanity class further and more accurately than the teleport class because disc speed and arm speed match.
Yeah, my experience as well really, but I remember Mike C saying that even powered down that the Tenacity or Relativity (or both?) were getting great distance. It looks like from reviews online that guys without "big arms" are really digging them. Ludicrous speed understable disc always sounds fun
Old 11-03-2017, 06:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,792 Times in 2,007 Posts

"They've gone to plaid..." -Barf

Niced: (1)
Old 11-03-2017, 06:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 44
Niced 664 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, my experience as well really, but I remember Mike C saying that even powered down that the Tenacity or Relativity (or both?) were getting great distance. It looks like from reviews online that guys without "big arms" are really digging them. Ludicrous speed understable disc always sounds fun
Tenacity and Relativity are not in the same speed class so you shouldn't equate those. Tenacity is 23mm, Relativity is 24.5mm. Basically, the Tenacity is closer to a Destroyer or Prodigy D series width rim (I know Destroyers are supposed to be 22mm, but measurements show that most are closer to 23mm). The relativity is closer to a Boss or Katana width rim. That may not seem like a huge difference, but my experience (and that of a lot of other people I know) is that I get a lot more consistency with Destroyers than Bosses at my ~400 feet of power.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-04-2017, 01:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34
Courses Played: 30
Niced 112 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
I see lots of guys on courses throwing high speed discs--and hear them talking about how much they like them--without any great distance involved. They can throw slower discs the same distance--I've watched them do it--while burbling about how much better the faster disc flies. I always take their claims with a grain of salt or two.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 21
Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

the shock is the most used driver in my bag for most holes up to 370, anything longer and a vanish/wave comes out (i get those out to 360 to 380ish, i use a football field for distance ranges)

still havent found a useable overstable distance driver for windy days yet.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,792 Times in 2,007 Posts

Don't like the Photon or defy?

Old 11-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 21
Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Don't like the Photon or defy?
defy was too much and it overlapped with the shock (they went the same distance)

havent tried a photon.

tesla/wraths rim width... for some reason i cant throw them.

its either 1.9 or 2cm or 2.2cm. nothing inbetween. it is sooooo strange
Closed Thread