Old 01-06-2014, 08:09 PM

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default The Judge plastic breakdown

Whats up people. So I just got rid of all my Vibram putters, firm Summits and VP's. We had a love hate relationship. Really looking at trying out this Judge. Seems like everyone digs them. I really want to know what the Classic and the Blend are like before I pull the trigger on buying them. I push putt comfortably from about 30' then I go back to spin putting for greater distances. How tacky is the plastic,what is it comparable to and whats the durability like. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 46 Times in 33 Posts

Let me start off by saying the judge has completely changed my putting game. I never enjoyed putting before but with the judge I am loving it! As far as the plastic goes the classic feels similar to ss gateway plastic but it has a little more tackiness to it. It has held up decently to tree and basket hits. The softs are the tackiest plastic I have felt. Easily taco'd and really seems to grab chains. I have yet to pick up a blend but plan on doing so.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

If you like a soft putter the classic softs are a good choice, the hards have a bit more glide though. Both have a nice grip, but I prefer the hards. Very nice feel to the plastic, not too tacky not too slick. I also have some first runs that are a bit softer than the hards but still feel great. The first run plastic doesn't quite have the tacky grip that the hard has. Granted I have only thrown hards in black, so if color matters like it does with some discs/runs it may vary.

I also have a hybrid judge, but I prefer it for driving since it doesn't quite have the tack or glide the hards. I do like the softs for dead straight drives and they also work well as an approach disc.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 89 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Mach 81 View Post
Whats up people. So I just got rid of all my Vibram putters, firm Summits and VP's. We had a love hate relationship. Really looking at trying out this Judge. Seems like everyone digs them. I really want to know what the Classic and the Blend are like before I pull the trigger on buying them. I push putt comfortably from about 30' then I go back to spin putting for greater distances. How tacky is the plastic,what is it comparable to and whats the durability like. Thanks
if you like firm putters, get a classic judge. if you like firm but grippy with a little give, get classic blend, if you like a little flop in your putters, get classic soft. I personally use classic blend and will never switch putters again. it does well in any and all weather conditions. cold hot rainy, whatever.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:00 PM
just practicing

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 13
Niced 48 Times in 16 Posts

Whatever you decide, DO NOT GET GREY RINGS JUDGES. They are soooo perfectly tacky and soooo glidey and feel soooo good in your hand, but they are also soooo hard to find. It's the mistake I made. I loved mine and I've used them for nearly a year for all sorts of throws, but the truth is...they're a bit too beat for me now and I can't find replacements. None of the other colors feel the same. Very sad. This is the nightmare that is my life now.

I guess I go crawling back to Anodes.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:01 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks. I gave up the Vibrams. Great to drive with but putting is not so fun. They just lack the glide I'm looking for. I was constantly missing low or high when I would try to compensate for the lack of glide. Last time out on the course I borrowed an Anode that has more glide and I was lights out. Didnt really like the feel but I made lots of putts. Anyone drive with the Judge?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 40
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I use the soft Judge for main putting duties but have also used it for short straight drives.
Once you go Judge you'll never go back!

*i use a soft proton anode for longer putter drives*
Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

F-it gonna get me some Judge. Got 70$ in Paypal thats dying to get spent. Anyone notice any difference from color to color as Titanic said?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 89 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
F-it gonna get me some Judge. Got 70$ in Paypal thats dying to get spent. Anyone notice any difference from color to color as Titanic said?
just the greys and blacks have a difference in feel. get a fuzion judge for driving.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 61
Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Thanks. I gave up the Vibrams. Great to drive with but putting is not so fun. They just lack the glide I'm looking for. I was constantly missing low or high when I would try to compensate for the lack of glide. Last time out on the course I borrowed an Anode that has more glide and I was lights out. Didnt really like the feel but I made lots of putts. Anyone drive with the Judge?
I drive with the judge.. and putt with it. amazing disc.

Quote:
Do it!!! Get at least one in fuzion, soft, blend, and hard. The Soft Judge works great for upshots/approach and drives well for some nice turnovers once it beats in a bit. I just recently picked up a blend judge so I cant say how it really performs yet, but it feels great. I putt with the classic hard judges and they are amazing, although im really curious/excited to see how the blend judge is for both putting and driving.

The soft judge for me is too soft for putting, but still great for drives and upshots.. It sticks to the ground pretty nice as well, which is helpful if youre worried about sliding past into some water or whatever it may be.

The fuzion judge also works out really well for driving and has some good glide to it. Solid mold.