Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

We're returning to the area in February and I'm excited to play some warm weather disc. Anything I should know before hitting the courses? I see Brengle Terrace was added in 2012 and gets good reviews. I still hope to get in a round or two at Morley when there is less traffic, on the roads as well as the course, and we'll likely return to Kit and Goat Hill. Info appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 08:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 185 Times in 83 Posts

Brengle is probably the most technical course in the area, but the signage is still lacking. If you'd like a guide, I'd be more than happy to show you around (and point out the local brews, too).
Old 01-05-2013, 09:06 PM

Courses Played: 32
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have heard Morley is always packed and you have to watch out. I do sport a Mini from my Buddy.

I would wait and Play
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 828
Niced 24 Times in 13 Posts

I'd meet up for rounds at Kit Carson, Brengle or Morley as well.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 66
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Brengle is probably the most technical course in the area, but the signage is still lacking. If you'd like a guide, I'd be more than happy to show you around (and point out the local brews, too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
I'd meet up for rounds at Kit Carson, Brengle or Morley as well.
That'd be great. I'll bump this thread and/or shoot you guys some PMs as the date approaches. We'll be in CA from the 8th to the 16th. Haven't been able to play much since Thanksgiving. Really looking forward to some warm weather and a week off to play disc and cruise the coast
Old 01-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 27
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm also in.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 38
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Only had a chance to play Morley when I was down there. Was not thrilled at all. It wasn't crowded when I played, but I could see why it could get backed up. There were a few holes that crossed over each other. So you still had to wait for people to play through on other holes.
I'm also not sure if this is a common thing down there, but there was a pack of kids stealing discs. After you would throw your drive, they would run up, grab the discs and take off! This was one of the few times it payed to play with some noobs, because we were never more than 50 to 100 ft from our discs lol. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen on a course and boy, those kids were fast!
All in all, if your pressed for time and ther are other courses around. You won't miss much if you skip Morley. IDK maybe it was because I heard how great this course was, but it did not live up to it's billing
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue View Post
Only had a chance to play Morley when I was down there. Was not thrilled at all. It wasn't crowded when I played, but I could see why it could get backed up. There were a few holes that crossed over each other. So you still had to wait for people to play through on other holes.
I'm also not sure if this is a common thing down there, but there was a pack of kids stealing discs. After you would throw your drive, they would run up, grab the discs and take off! This was one of the few times it payed to play with some noobs, because we were never more than 50 to 100 ft from our discs lol. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen on a course and boy, those kids were fast!
All in all, if your pressed for time and ther are other courses around. You won't miss much if you skip Morley. IDK maybe it was because I heard how great this course was, but it did not live up to it's billing
I've played Morley off and on for 10 years and I've never once seen a disc stolen or even heard about that from other people on the course. Did you talk to the guys at the pro shop about it?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 38
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
I've played Morley off and on for 10 years and I've never once seen a disc stolen or even heard about that from other people on the course. Did you talk to the guys at the pro shop about it?
Ya, we were lucky. They just ran up to our discs and threw them off in another direction, but it happend to a group playing towards us. I thought they were going to do the same thing they did to us, but this time they ran up grabbed the discs and split. Can't remember the hole# but it was the hole were the basket is set up on some railroad posts pyramid style.
The dude at the pro shop was nice, but not much he could do about it. He just shrugged and chuckled.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
*Super Moderator*

Weird, I'll have to watch out for that next time I'm down there. I have plenty of complaints about Morley, but that's never been one of them.