Old 06-22-2018, 04:43 PM

Years Playing: 34.2
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 27 Times in 8 Posts
Default How could I have forgotten ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclay View Post
I have been part of three snake encounters (all in Texas) while playing disc golf:
-- I nearly stepped on a moving snake at Audubon Park in Garland. Didn't see it, but my playing partner yelled as I was about to step, and I froze as the snake moved toward the creek/water under the road.
-- I saw a snake apparently sunning itself on No. 10 at Z-Boaz in Forth Worth. I gave it a wide berth.
-- A playing partner almost stepped on a snake on a small peninsula of land on the pond at Lester Lorch. Until then, I didn't know he had those moves.
I actually have had FIVE encounters (all in Texas). Twice in the same day, I saw snakes at Saddle Hills in White Settlement, Texas. One was in the creek, and one was sprawled across a path between holes. We went around that one.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 05:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 285
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,615 Times in 835 Posts

I can't help but wonder if snakes gather round and talk about how many people they've come across:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seρor Diamondback
I'm tellin' you, he screamed like a little girl. Never imagined a grown man was capable of hitting a note that high.
Pretty sure he's the same sumb!itch that crushed Slinky's skull a few weeks ago. I'd have bit him for doing 'ol Slinky, except his scream was so damned shrill, I just got the hell away as fast as I could.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 12
Niced 55 Times in 25 Posts