Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 06-20-2018, 09:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 296
Niced 127 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaxgoblin View Post
left airforce stamped blue glow aviarX3 and aviar3 lay on course or they fell out of my bag...very sad
Hole 8?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2018, 06:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 471 Times in 328 Posts

Lost a sweet dyed Z Undertaker in early February while visiting Southern California. Multiple attempts at retrieval in 5-8' water, at least 30' from the edge. 4 months later, I get a call. He mentions course name and I know exactly what disc he's talking about. He met up with a buddy of mine and gave the disc back today. Awesome!

He's been playing less than a year and I don't think he found the disc he went in after. I'm almost as happy a new player is returning discs as I am to get the disc back!
Old 07-11-2018, 12:03 PM

Niced 5 Times in 2 Posts

I found a yellow champion innova disc at central park in brooklyn park, MN in the woods near hole 6. If this sounds familiar let me know what the stamp on the disc is and we'll get it returned.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 59
Niced 224 Times in 127 Posts

My cousin had to kneel/straddle to throw out of a Bush along the fairway on Noble DGC # 9. Put his knee down on a disc that was less than a foot from fairway, but under some leaves. Called the number, it was a local and the disc (octane) had been there for more than a year.

Amazing how easy it is to lose one, sometimes.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:54 PM
* Ace Member *

So far, on 2 trips to The Dragon at Purcell OK, I've found 5 discs on just holes 6 and 11. Anyone that can identify I'll send them back. Only one has number, called and he's an "eventually meet up and get it."

Only one more has ink. Someone's tourney ace disc.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Oh yeah, my Bro-in-law found a disc on 3, also.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 24 Times in 19 Posts

I lost my orange Ace Race Heat on hole 3 at Hambrick today, as well as my purple ESP Zone on hole C

I threw my Heat into the wooded area between 2 and 3, only to mysteriously disappear

The Zone I know is up in a thorny tree, I even saw another disc stuck up there. So at least there's that...

but my Heat seriously vanished, I don't think it was in a tree because it came in low at an angle. I actually got stuck there in a tree last time, but this one disappeared.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:55 AM

Niced 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default Found at Xenia

Yesterday while I was out hunting for one I shanked, I came across a star boss. I texted the number on the back letting the guy know I found the disc he lost at Xenia. I get the reply "Where the hell is Xenia?". I reply "Xenia Ohio". We continue the conversation and he ends up telling me to keep the disc. It turns out he is from New Orleans and has never stepped foot in Ohio. Too bad a Boss is way too big for my arm HAHA.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:09 PM

Niced 5 Times in 2 Posts

Somehow got an old star firebird stuck in a tree on Central Park #1 in Brooklyn Park, MN. Number is on it if/when it falls...

Old 08-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 72
Niced 118 Times in 54 Posts

Figured I'd share this strange tale with you here.

I bought this Teebird back in early 2011 from the Blockhouse in VA as part of a practice stack and it soon found it's way into my bag after a few field sessions, just one of those discs that stands out, no real reason I just seemed to throw it better than the others and it became one of my go-to fairway drivers.

I live in Richmond, VA and was down in Newport News (about 75 miles away) visiting a friend and playing Newport News DGC one day in the summer.

We get to hole #2;

A fairly wide open hole and no one was behind us so we tossed a few. Later on near the end of the round I realized that I had left my red Teebird there and went over to get it. Well we looked and looked for it but couldn't find the thing. The course was pretty empty that day and I walked it looking for other golfers to see if maybe they had picked it up, no one had. We all know the feeling of losing a disc we like and I was starting to get that way. Packed it in and headed home keeping a little hope alive that someone would call on it, knowing that I did have my number written on the underside;

Well, months went by with no call and I was bagging another Teebird but it just wasn't the same disc, you know how it is. Well late that year, nearly Christmas time, I went down to meet my friend in Newport News at the same course where I lost the Teebird. I got there before he did and played a few holes to warm up. Got to #2, same hole that I lost the disc on, and threw a handful of drives. Well, when picking up my discs I see a red disc to the side, I suppressed a stupid small glimmer of 1 in a million hope that it's my Teebird but to my amazement; IT'S MY TEEBIRD!!!! 6 months later I find it on the same hole I lost it on, how the heck did it stay here so long with no one picking it up, it wasn't far from the basket, kinda in the open, how the heck did I miss it before?!?!

Then I flipped it over;

WTF!!!

So someone found this disc, didn't call the number on the back, played with it, aced with it, marked the ace but didn't bother to even cross out the owners name and then proceed to lose the thing. Lose it on the very hole where it was first lost by the real owner. To add another bit to the story, the course where they aced is in Richmond, my hometown.

It all seems fishy but I play with very few people and the one person that knows me down there swears he had nothing to do with it. Now I don't know if you believe in karma or fate and I don't know if I do either but somehow it seems to apply to this disc.

Adding more to the mystery I see that Champ uses a Newport News stamped Teebird somehow there's a connection here.