Old 10-31-2017, 10:30 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 40 Times in 21 Posts

Put one in from 150 over the weekend first ever par on that hole. Total score ended up not half bad... for me anyway.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2017, 02:38 PM

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 20
Niced 17 Times in 5 Posts

I played the round of my life yesterday. It was short tees at the easiest course around, but I shot a -7 for 9 holes. I've never come anywhere near that ever, on any course. I've only been playing a little under 2 years, so even at age 50, I'm still improving. But I never expected this.

I shot par on holes 1 and 2 and then birdied the next 7. I could not believe what was happening. Every drive off the tee went exactly where I wanted it. I had one or two putts outside 15 feet, everything else was a tap-in.

For me, this was like a magical day I'll never forget. And I had a friend there to witness it. What I was most surprised by is how the pressure to keep the birdie streak going never got to me. I was sure that would be the end of it for me, but it never happened.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-06-2017, 04:27 PM

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Was shooting a tidy -1 through the first ten of a difficult local course, then completely fell apart. bogey-double bogey-bogey-par-bogey-bogey. Birdied one of the final two holes, but everything was completely erratic over those six holes and every shot was turning when I was cheating towards the fade and fading when I was cheating towards the turn.

Those types of rounds are just deflating.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:24 PM

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default And now played the same course again today

Even. One bogey / five pars on the same six hole stretch, had a miracle putt about 50' long, around a huge tree go in chainless on hole #1 and had a tee shot nearly go in for ace elsewhere on the course. Much better round today!
Old 11-08-2017, 04:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 86
Niced 35 Times in 28 Posts

Knocked my best score down one with a +6 at Buckeye Park. No birdies (a little frustrating to have birdied #15 3x straight, and then the last three rounds not get it). Hole 18, I'm looking at the score, thinking, 'Par and i've got a new best score,' and then I turn over my tee shot a little and it gets knocked down by a manzanita branch about 60' down the fairway. Uhhh... So I pull out the Z Comet, stretch out as much as I can into the fairway...and park it! Low score saved! Hole 10 was interesting, too. Throwing across a valley. I did't get the Champ Shryke off as clean as I wanted, but I've thrown a lot worse...it turns, comes back, hits near the top of the slope straight across from me. (Ah, that's okay) When it hits it kinda bounces up and rolls (Oh no!!!) uphill (Yeah!) for a couple of feet, and then does this little turn and starts to roll down hill (), and after a couple feet does a half circle around and lays down. (Whew!) In moments an emotional rollercoaster. LOL

Old 11-10-2017, 11:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 145
Niced 190 Times in 111 Posts

Today was a big win for disc golfing husbands everywhere. I was able to dodge a lame destination wedding (score!), which means I am wife-free this whole holiday weekend. I managed to bag 5 new courses today, 5! I plan on bagging 3-5 more tomorrow, assuming I don't get too hammered celebrating today's Herculean feat. No guarantees.

Niced: (2)