Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 267
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,106 Times in 608 Posts

Like me some Titans. Those are some beefy baskets... as if to say:

"Vandalize this!"
* Titan basket grabs its crotch *
Sponsored Links

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 03-13-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:08 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 107
Niced 111 Times in 67 Posts

Chainstar Pro available @ Discraft.com. Portable version w/stand and wheel is $429. Will order mine sometime this summer. Better be nice at that price. I'd love to hear from someone who has putted on one.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:19 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 76 Times in 41 Posts

With that inner ring so high up it looks like they'll be prone to ring-pop spit-outs
Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 102
Niced 188 Times in 100 Posts

They had these in at Toboggan and I was very impressed with the new Chainstar Pro baskets. Surprisingly quiet, much quieter catching than any other basket I have played on. No issues with any spit-outs in my limited time playing on them. Red was very easy to see as well. Hats off to some nice baskets.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 63
Niced 93 Times in 38 Posts

Just played Toboggan today and our group of 5 weren't completely impressed with the Pro baskets. We had quite a few spit outs. That's not saying that all of them were dead center. We thought they were close enough to stay in, close enough for us to start really talking about spit outs. We're casual older dudes that only shoot in the 70's there, so maybe take this all with a grain of salt. What we were thinking was that the chains were too heavy and tight. We are all softer touch putters and a couple center putts from 15ft "bounced" straight backwards without hitting center pole. You could see the spring back at the side view. There didn't seem to be any chain deflection. On stronger putts they seemed to catch great, though. Loved the red color on them. I may be one of the few that love the original Chainstar. Definitely won't stop me from ever playing on these. That's part of adjusting to the course conditions. Just like if I had to putt on Mach III's.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-14-2018, 04:55 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 25
Niced 324 Times in 276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw83028 View Post
Just played Toboggan today and our group of 5 weren't completely impressed with the Pro baskets. We had quite a few spit outs. That's not saying that all of them were dead center. We thought they were close enough to stay in, close enough for us to start really talking about spit outs. We're casual older dudes that only shoot in the 70's there, so maybe take this all with a grain of salt. What we were thinking was that the chains were too heavy and tight. We are all softer touch putters and a couple center putts from 15ft "bounced" straight backwards without hitting center pole. You could see the spring back at the side view. There didn't seem to be any chain deflection. On stronger putts they seemed to catch great, though. Loved the red color on them. I may be one of the few that love the original Chainstar. Definitely won't stop me from ever playing on these. That's part of adjusting to the course conditions. Just like if I had to putt on Mach III's.
I like Mach III especially the new ones with the taller basket disc catcher. Mach IV are also not bad ether. Mach II are not good for much except the practice baskets/holes. I never liked the old Chainstar baskets as they had the lowest basket disc catcher of all the ones the companies made for permanent installation except maybe the original Mach II.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 35.1
Courses Played: 225
Niced 571 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw83028 View Post
Having played a few days ago at Toboggan, I absolutely agree with every point above. I played with BogeyNoMore and The Shide, maybe they will weigh in. Also a group of older players shooting in the 70's with softer touch putts.

I personally think the quest for the perfect basket is a folly. Every new incantation seems to have its own weak spot. Honestly, compared to the single chained basket of my youth, all the new ones seem great.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:54 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 25
Niced 324 Times in 276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Having played a few days ago at Toboggan, I absolutely agree with every point above. I played with BogeyNoMore and The Shide, maybe they will weigh in. Also a group of older players shooting in the 70's with softer touch putts.

I personally think the quest for the perfect basket is a folly. Every new incantation seems to have its own weak spot. Honestly, compared to the single chained basket of my youth, all the new ones seem great.
Comparing all new Mach baskets to the old Mach baskets with the lower Disc Catcher part, they catch much better then what I used in 2000's. Same goes for most of the other baskets with the lower disc catcher that is now higher. The exception is the basket that Prodigy used to make with the chains that made a grid pattern on the outside. The discs bounce out if not putted hard enough into the basket. Oh and the Lighting D-B5 baskets have a problem with the discs slicing though due to no inner set of chains, even though the chains are heavier then most other brands except the Gateway Titans.