#121  
Old 02-28-2022, 11:07 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,261
Niced 2,371 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default

Ha, out of our die hard Sunday league of 20 maybe 5 people might watch DGPT, I bet more than 15 know who KC is (cuz they have owned a disc) but only 5 might know JC or McB.

Most of em have been playing for 20yrs+ they just don't follow it that close.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 02-28-2022, 02:38 PM
`cjc's Avatar
`cjc `cjc is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 545
Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I've met people who've played a 25 courses, and have no idea who McBeth is.



Particularly in the last few years, when people have discovered disc golf as a recreational activity and are running around playing as much and as many places as they can, with no clue that there's even a pro level. Or some who know it exists, but have never paid any attention to it. They just love playing disc golf.
I think newbie reviews are hilarious fwiw.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 02-28-2022, 02:40 PM
`cjc's Avatar
`cjc `cjc is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 545
Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Ha, out of our die hard Sunday league of 20 maybe 5 people might watch DGPT, I bet more than 15 know who KC is (cuz they have owned a disc) but only 5 might know JC or McB.

Most of em have been playing for 20yrs+ they just don't follow it that close.
That's a great example of lazy disc golfers.

Babe Ruth, Knute Rockne, Vince Lombardi, Wilt Chamberlain.

I rest my case.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 02-28-2022, 03:37 PM
Mr. Butlertron's Avatar
Mr. Butlertron Mr. Butlertron is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 494
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,925
Niced 564 Times in 242 Posts
Cool

UDISC's ratings system is bad, but at least they have the correct listing for Florida's #1 course.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 02-28-2022, 05:35 PM
Olorin's Avatar
Olorin Olorin is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charlotte NC
Years Playing: 43.1
Courses Played: 769
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,466
Niced 736 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I've met people who've played a 25 courses, and have no idea who McBeth is.

Particularly in the last few years, when people have discovered disc golf as a recreational activity and are running around playing as much and as many places as they can, with no clue that there's even a pro level. Or some who know it exists, but have never paid any attention to it. They just love playing disc golf.
Who is this McBeth guy?

Wait, there are pro players? Do you mean that people can make money playing disc golf?

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 02-28-2022, 06:15 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 39
Courses Played: 266
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,213
Niced 8,277 Times in 2,837 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by `cjc View Post
That's a great example of lazy disc golfers.

Babe Ruth, Knute Rockne, Vince Lombardi, Wilt Chamberlain.

I rest my case.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Have you ever bowled, played cornhole, badminton, horseshoes, chess, mini golf? Do you know the current world champs of each....how about the legends of those sports?

I don't see people, who don't see things the way I do, as lazy. Just unique.

Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 02-28-2022, 06:55 PM
jeverett's Avatar
jeverett jeverett is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eugene, OR
Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,229
Niced 76 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
UDISC's ratings system is bad, but at least they have the correct listing for Florida's #1 course.
Yep, despite how much I dislike Udisc's ratings system, it still basically matches DGCR's listing for Oregon:

Udisc top 5:
Rank Course City Score
1 Milo McIver Estacada 95.65
2 Whistler's Bend Roseburg 92.59
3 Dexter Park Dexter 91.24
4 Pier Park Portland 91.04
5 Hornings Hideout - Canyon Course North Plains 90.90

DGCR top 5(6):
1. Riverbend DGC (Milo McIver) Estacada, OR 75
2. Horning's Hideout - Meadow Ridge North Plains, OR 43
3. Whistler's Bend Roseburg, OR 12
4. Pier Park Portland, OR 103
5. Dexter Park DGC Dexter, OR 50
6. Horning's Hideout - Canyon Course North Plains, OR 47

I mean, I'm not entirely satisfied that a few of those courses are really top 5 in Oregon, but at least the two methods are pretty comparable. :P

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-01-2022, 04:26 AM
wolfhaley's Avatar
wolfhaley wolfhaley is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WI
Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 672
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,605
Niced 3,741 Times in 1,585 Posts
Default

It makes much more sense now 😉
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220401-022713-048.jpg (64.7 KB, 69 views)

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-13-2022, 03:28 PM
dgaficionado's Avatar
dgaficionado dgaficionado is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Years Playing: 32
Courses Played: 233
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 133
Niced 78 Times in 18 Posts
Default

In order to better educate players, perhaps we should add signs beneath those which advertise UDisc popping up on courses. (See example attached.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dgcr_spoof udisc.jpg (75.0 KB, 98 views)

Reply With Quote
 

  #130  
Old 04-18-2022, 12:21 PM
Olorin's Avatar
Olorin Olorin is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charlotte NC
Years Playing: 43.1
Courses Played: 769
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,466
Niced 736 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaficionado View Post
In order to better educate players, perhaps we should add signs beneath those which advertise UDisc popping up on courses. (See example attached.)
I love that! Those signs would be perfect!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I don't understand why.. Plastic Thunder General Disc Golf Chat 20 10-18-2015 06:17 PM
Can someone help me to understand ratings ? DiscDogNation General Disc Golf Chat 6 12-18-2012 12:00 AM
Discraft XL: I just don't understand this disc RoundWounds Discs 43 11-06-2011 04:24 AM
Don't understand what Tier is.... prestonkuke21 Tournaments & Leagues 2 01-22-2011 10:56 AM
I watched it, and I still don't understand it Midnightbiker Technique & Strategy 13 06-29-2009 03:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.