Old 08-19-2019, 09:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 868 Times in 518 Posts

She posted back in June that she was taking a break from social media that her mental health was more important, etc, etc. I have no idea if her and Austin Hannum are still a couple, but if they are not that could have taken a toll on her lately. Maybe I missed it due to skipping around the coverage, but she seemed to be alone on the course, did anyone notice any friends/family around her? No doubt she has the talent to play strong for years to come and if the only thing she has to do is land a few more putts from 15ft in, no doubt she well. I just hope she wants to, the FPO division is better with her playing. I think a change of sponsor (sparking a positive new challenge in her life) might be a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2019, 10:33 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 30
Niced 216 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
Yes to this, it had me scratching my head all the way through the tournament.
As for not having a Caddie, on a recent PDGA Radio, Sara Sinclair mentioned that Cat feels like caddies and carts shouldn't be allowed on tour and that you should have to carry your own bag.

I suppose you could argue that if they are allowed and you are not taking advantage of it, especially during a 5 round tournament in the humid Midwest in August, that you are not putting yourself in the best position to win.

I know Paul uses a caddie at times, but not just anyone, has to be someone he is familiar with, and does not typically accept random offers to caddie.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:40 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 35.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 77 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThXinc View Post
It is just me or did anyone else notice that she was the only cardmate that did NOT congratulate PP on her win at worlds following the round. The rest of them hugged it all up after the round. No Cat. Given my perspective was only that which Smashboxx was providing live, but most of the post round activity was captured and Cat seemed to have disappeared once the round was over. Her non-nonchalant putting on 18 in round 4 was just bad body language for someone in the top 3. It seemed to continue. I bet former champ Paige Bjerkas demonstrated better sportsmanship even with her last place finish. I'm just not getting a good body language vibe from her anymore. Not sure what's going on with her. I wonder about not having a caddy. Carrying your bag for 5 rounds can take a toll. Putting with your bag on?! Come on man!!
I guess thats why they do the 18th tee good round bit.For players like Cat.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 115
Niced 285 Times in 139 Posts

Quote:
It is just me or did anyone else notice that she was the only cardmate that did NOT congratulate PP on her win at worlds following the round. The rest of them hugged it all up after the round. No Cat. Given my perspective was only that which Smashboxx was providing live, but most of the post round activity was captured and Cat seemed to have disappeared once the round was over. Her non-nonchalant putting on 18 in round 4 was just bad body language for someone in the top 3. It seemed to continue. I bet former champ Paige Bjerkas demonstrated better sportsmanship even with her last place finish. I'm just not getting a good body language vibe from her anymore. Not sure what's going on with her. I wonder about not having a caddy. Carrying your bag for 5 rounds can take a toll. Putting with your bag on?! Come on man!!
She's 34. She appears to be in good physical shape. Carrying a bag while walking 3 miles a day took a toll on her?????? I think you're reaching.

The short putting thing is like the yips in golf. It happens. Hopefully she can work it out. She is the bast thrower (not longest) in the FPO field. If she would have putted like a MA3 player from circle 1X last week we'd be talking about how she coasted to a 10 throw win.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-19-2019, 11:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,355 Times in 791 Posts

I also noticed that there was very few quotes from Cat in the articles from Ultiworld and PDGA . . All the other leadcard player spoke to them after the rounds.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,682 Times in 1,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSyl View Post
The short putting thing is like the yips in golf. It happens. Hopefully she can work it out.
I think this is exactly right. I don't think it's a mental thing or a concentration thing (that final putt of round 4 not withstanding). I think there's a glitch in her putting that just appears seemingly out of nowhere, then goes away, then comes back, and so on. Something that is difficult to put a finger on no matter how hard you concentrate or how much you practice. It might just click for her one day where she figures out exactly what is causing it, and armed with the knowledge is able to make the right adjustment.

That's what happened with me. I had a case of the yips where suddenly I couldn't putt straight, but a few holes later it would go away. Or if I was practicing, everything would be fine only to hit the course a few minutes later and be unable to make anything. Or vice versa It was 3-4 years of it before it finally dawned on me what the issue was. Now it still occasionally will crop up, but I know the fix and it doesn't last. It's just one bad putt, not something that will plague me and mess with my confidence.

Here's hoping Cat finds the answer.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 230
Niced 81 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Now it still occasionally will crop up, but I know the fix and it doesn't last.
Are you willing to share the fix? If not, or personal, I understand.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 686 Times in 338 Posts

She switched to push putting in the off-season and came out on a tear, but it seems like she's fallen off a cliff lately. It almost has to be mental

Old 08-19-2019, 01:39 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,176 Times in 1,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
It was ironic to watch that 90% mental ad with her in it as all that was going on, lol...
I saw that, and just cringed.

Almost as bad as showing an airline commercial during news coverage of an airplane crash...

Old 08-19-2019, 01:43 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,176 Times in 1,603 Posts

Quote:
From the chat during the live feed of the event, someone said that Cat congratulated Paige after they teed off on the 18th hole. I hope that's the case, because Catrina did get out of Dodge (pun not intended) after the round was over.