Old 05-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 186 Times in 100 Posts

My pattern isn’t so much a roller coaster as it is learning from mistakes and adjusting to how I’m playing that particular day. Over the course of a round I’ll discover which parts of my game are on and which aren’t and make future shot selection accordingly. I almost always shoot a better 2nd round than First round. Same goes if I play two casual rounds back to back. Most of my best scores have come after having already played a round.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2018, 02:26 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 43 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtho View Post
Did option 2 last Saturday in a tag match. That course has 9 wooded holes in a row so I expect to whack a tree or two, but Saturday I would look at a tree too hard and my disc would ricochet the wrong way like it was made of flubber leaving me some terrible looks lucky my approach/putting game were pretty good and I got a 76 (best ever on the course was 74) could have probably gotten into the 60s if I could have missed a friggin tree that day.

I feel you on that one, when it rains it pours! At least it clumps all the suck together though, that means I can feel good about myself *most* of the time haha
Old 05-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 56 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbanbury View Post
I have learned that the ceiling is often lower under branches than i think it is and that throwing a straight shot 20' right of the pin and making the putt is easier than a touchy anny approach trying to throw it under the basket.
This reminds me of something I heard Sexton say on one of the recent Jomez tourneys that I’ve been trying to implement. Something along the lines of “sometimes it’s a chump move to try and put it under the basket” and then followed it up with what you’re saying. Sometimes you need to take the smarter/easier shot to put it 20’ away, and trust your putting to finish the job.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 186 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
This reminds me of something I heard Sexton say on one of the recent Jomez tourneys that I’ve been trying to implement. Something along the lines of “sometimes it’s a chump move to try and put it under the basket” and then followed it up with what you’re saying. Sometimes you need to take the smarter/easier shot to put it 20’ away, and trust your putting to finish the job.
One of the best ways to lower your score is to always be thinking critically about how the shot your about to take will set you up for the next shot.

Sometimes it’s better to take a low risk shot for good position than to take a high risk shot for great position.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 123
Niced 205 Times in 125 Posts

I usually follow a +11 with a +1 because I have zero time to practice/warm up as a tourney volunteer.

Niced: (1)