Old 12-23-2019, 05:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 221
Niced 3,416 Times in 2,083 Posts

X-step looking better, but need to turn rear foot further back and land with front foot/body further turned back.

In your standing delivery, your rear foot needs to turn further back with toes pointed like 110-135 degrees away from target. Your toes are like 85-90 degrees maybe which really restricts your backswing. Your front shoulder ends up starting too far forward of the rear foot and can't really load back and have to rush forward, and you end up planting with your front foot/leg/side turned too forward.

You also kind of start leaned back and take your front foot behind your rear heel instead of swinging or kicking back in front of your rear toes and winding up internally like a pitcher or x-step.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=23s

I don't like how Will leans back behind the rear leg, but take note of his rear foot angled back and how his front foot turns back into the plant.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2019, 05:28 AM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
X-step looking better, but need to turn rear foot further back and land with front foot/body further turned back.
Hmm... I think I might be misunderstanding something here.
Looking at your and Wills rear foot comprising with my own. It seems to me that my foot looks turned further back than yours coming into the plant. That I am on my toes, which causes the forward momentum to drag the rear heal with it and therefor turning the foot back. I am thinking that I should focus on/experimenting with getting my rear heal into the ground more so I can push later from the ground rather than what it seem I am doing now, turning my knee into the plant with my heal in the air.
But this doesn't add up for me If you say I should turn my rear foot back even more.

Other than that I understand what you are saying, and I think the correct way to fix it is to get more flexible, mostly in my hips.

Thank you again SW. And Happy X-mas
Old 12-24-2019, 07:37 AM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Never mind, I see what you mean now. My momentum is actually dragging my foot into the right position. So I will try to start with it at that angle instead.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:43 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 310 Times in 233 Posts

Letting your rear foot point back more will allow you to turn the hips further back AND get your rear hip further forward moving towards the target which gets you balanced onto the front leg easier as well.

Here's something for you to try, see if you can read a word on the wall behind you at peak reachback. Right now, you'd only be able to read a word on a wall to the left of the teepad. That will force you to turn your head back further and the only way you can do that from where you are is turning the hips and shoulders back. Now, looking directly away from the target isn't the ultimate goal, but its a way for you to feel how to let your hips and shoulders turn further back into the plant. Then you can dial back from there.

btw, once you figure that out you're gonna be smashing discs. Looking like a powerful swing!

Niced: (1)

Last edited by UhhNegative; 12-26-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:02 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post

In your standing delivery, your rear foot needs to turn further back with toes pointed like 110-135 degrees away from target. Your toes are like 85-90 degrees maybe which really restricts your backswing. Your front shoulder ends up starting too far forward of the rear foot and can't really load back and have to rush forward, and you end up planting with your front foot/leg/side turned too forward.

You also kind of start leaned back and take your front foot behind your rear heel instead of swinging or kicking back in front of your rear toes and winding up internally like a pitcher or x-step.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=23s

I don't like how Will leans back behind the rear leg, but take note of his rear foot angled back and how his front foot turns back into the plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Letting your rear foot point back more will allow you to turn the hips further back AND get your rear hip further forward moving towards the target which gets you balanced onto the front leg easier as well.

Here's something for you to try, see if you can read a word on the wall behind you at peak reachback. Right now, you'd only be able to read a word on a wall to the left of the teepad. That will force you to turn your head back further and the only way you can do that from where you are is turning the hips and shoulders back. Now, looking directly away from the target isn't the ultimate goal, but its a way for you to feel how to let your hips and shoulders turn further back into the plant. Then you can dial back from there.

btw, once you figure that out you're gonna be smashing discs. Looking like a powerful swing!
Thank you!
I will try try to figure it out.
It also feels motivating to hear that my swing looks powerful!
Old 12-29-2019, 12:05 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

It is hard to focus and make everything correct. I feel when i focus on one aspect of the throw something else kind of falls apart... hopefully it all will come together.
Here is my latest pull, and the focus here was to pull my right elbow with my right hip as far as possible, to feel a tension/connection thru out the throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhba...ature=youtu.be

I'm pretty happy with how it felt, looking at the slow mo tho, I am thinking that I am leaning back to much with my body at the reach back.(?)
Old 12-29-2019, 02:00 PM
* Ace Member *

You are collapsing into/behind your front leg instead of landing and finishing upright on your front leg. Will probably feel weird maybe even over the top to you, getting balanced/stacked upright on your front leg/hip.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 1.48.43 PM.jpg (36.2 KB, 69 views)

Old 01-07-2020, 10:14 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

So I was trying to get a feeling for this, but it led to some pain in my right hip which took about a week to heal. I think I was forcing my upper body to some positions over my front hip rather than it was happening naturally for me.

Anyway, I was playing around with timing and thought that I would try to apply more force early on rather than later in the throw (which I think I have a tendency to do)... and even though I am throwing into a wall which makes it hard to know for sure what works and what doesn't; the feeling of the throws felt more violent and also looks kind of faster to me. This makes me think that maybe I should make changes to my timing? But as I said, It is hard to know when not standing in a field what is a true change in the form and what is not.

Good thing that I can maybe get a second opinion here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zatRIJbKUDs
(Also; I can see that my plant tend to drift a bit to far away fromthe line...)

Last edited by tisjja; 01-07-2020 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:10 AM
* Ace Member *

The x-step really isn't helping things. You aren't landing on your front leg properly from that staggered closed stance. It's like you are landing in a seated position vs athletic ready position/ready to squat bunch of weight or change direction. Your knee flies past your ankle and hip continues moving forward, instead of bracing and clearing on it. Looking from behind the tee Eagles's front knee would be landing more stacked over his toes, while your knee would be landing more over the heel or toward the right/behind of it.

Get your left shoulder to swing forward over your front foot(and knee).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvvF6eW-by8#t=6m27s

I would suggest taking video of you setting up in One Leg Drill and standstill.

Elephant walk drill would probably be good too, moving parallel to target instead of linearly to it. So this should naturally move you more upright on both legs or either leg, instead of getting stuck between them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KVWfUkQ3s#t=4m40s

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 11.31.52 PM copy.jpg (67.3 KB, 54 views)

Old 01-19-2020, 02:48 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

This is where I am at.
I think that I am using my whole body in the throw now than before... at least it feel that way.. hmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij9C...ature=youtu.be