Old 02-28-2020, 09:53 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,765 Times in 1,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo View Post
Give it a try here and get some opinions, this is an error run of the 06 am worlds Tulsa orcs, think only 13 went out to the club before they realized it wasn’t special blend and Sent back, it champ plastic, but old school IRC’s for sure, thoughts on value high and low?
I would think they would be worth what any pfn Champ Orc would go for + tack on $5 for a cool stamp and backstory. Now if I just knew what pfn Champ Orcs go for I might actually be helpful...
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-28-2020, 10:06 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 206 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I would think they would be worth what any pfn Champ Orc would go for + tack on $5 for a cool stamp and backstory. Now if I just knew what pfn Champ Orcs go for I might actually be helpful...
30ish

Niced: (1)
Old 03-01-2020, 02:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,769 Times in 2,979 Posts

Quote:
I loved those Comets, they were so sweet. The red ones especially, those were a great run of Comets. The fact that Z Comets are everywhere hurts the value of them as throwers, but the one with no ink should have a collectable value. I just have not seen one in years so I don't know.

Actually I'm no help, I'm just getting excited and yelling "Cool Comets!" but I have no idea what they are worth.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
30ish
Since it isn't special blend, could that be the candy pro that the 11x discs are? It does kinda have that shimmer to it...
Old 03-04-2020, 02:10 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got a s-line First run PD, slighty beat up, 173g with three sets of markings. What might that be worth?
Old 03-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 248 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomio View Post
I got a s-line First run PD, slighty beat up, 173g with three sets of markings. What might that be worth?
THREE sets of markings...hmm. And since it's in your possession I'll assume you are AT LEAST it's 4th owner.

Answer # 1: Something. It's a 1st run!

Answer # 2: Not much. It's a "troubled child" that no one wants it. But under the right parenting it COULD flourish; there's always hope!

Answer # 3: Nothing. It's either been lost 3 previous times (and you'll just lose it yourself - costing you 2 shots) or it's been purposefully "left" by it's previous owners because they couldn't handle it.

Answer # 4: Less than nothing. Unless you get rid of it really quickly, it'll corrupt all the other discs in you bag - inciting mutiny and desertion. After a very short while you will have lost all your other discs.

Old 03-05-2020, 11:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,062 Times in 804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
THREE sets of markings...hmm. And since it's in your possession I'll assume you are AT LEAST it's 4th owner.

Answer # 1: Something. It's a 1st run!

Answer # 2: Not much. It's a "troubled child" that no one wants it. But under the right parenting it COULD flourish; there's always hope!

Answer # 3: Nothing. It's either been lost 3 previous times (and you'll just lose it yourself - costing you 2 shots) or it's been purposefully "left" by it's previous owners because they couldn't handle it.

Answer # 4: Less than nothing. Unless you get rid of it really quickly, it'll corrupt all the other discs in you bag - inciting mutiny and desertion. After a very short while you will have lost all your other discs.

LOL. I always wonder about those discs that have multiple names/numbers on them. They seem to pass aimlessly from person to person.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
LOL. I always wonder about those discs that have multiple names/numbers on them. They seem to pass aimlessly from person to person.
I get many more calls/texts from people that have found a disc I sold than I do discs I actually lost myself... I'd guess at least a 5-1 ratio. I lost 5 Teslas one summer and 4 Waves the next summer and never got 1 back. but i'll be damned if I haven't gotten 3 different calls/texts for a G* Tern I sold. lol

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 03-06-2020 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:17 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,270 Times in 1,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
the few discs I have found like that are just beginner discs that once you get better, they disappear from your bag and the next beginner has the disc. My Rubber putter was just that from an Uncle who tried to get the disc back to the owner but he did not want it going for 2 max weight Rubber Putters as that one was 168 grams. My Uncle had the disc then I had it and traded it for one of the old Stiff Magnets my mom got as my brother did not like the disc, neither did my mom who had and still has a late 1990's Classic Grid Aviar 172 grams from a cousin of mine who started up making an all Discraft Bag at the time and still uses only Discraft and DGA with the Arrow from Aerobie as his only non Discraft disc. My uncle the cousins father, now after loosing his disc collection in a house fire has a Discraft only bag too.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 75
Niced 221 Times in 155 Posts

I am the 4th owner of my favorite flippy teebird. I am a used bin junkie.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)

Old 03-06-2020, 12:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
I am the 4th owner of my favorite flippy teebird. I am a used bin junkie.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Its how I fell for the Wasp. Had just lost a fairly new Z Comet and was short on money with a big tourney that weekend. A guy I know told me to go look and see if the beat to hell Wasp he had traded in was still in the used bins. $6 and never bought another Comet.