Old 02-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I think/hope I finally have some improvement here. I was only focused on getting on the front leg better the other stuff I'm sure is the same.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2017, 02:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 220
Niced 2,881 Times in 1,760 Posts

Crossing the streams is bad.

It all looks weird, camera angle and direction you are moving vs throwing. It looks like you are moving to the left more than targetward which is why you plant so flat footed... crush the can - plant toes first then heel/weight forward.

Your arm swing is not connected/taut to your shoulders/torso. Your pre-swing pumps are all arm, no shoulder/body. Get something heavy like a bat or sledgehammer and swing it. Centripetal acceleration should pull your arm upward and taut like a string. You are swinging downward across your shoulder plane, and releasing nose up, keep the arm swing/disc level with your shoulder plane.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:33 AM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Sidewinder, how do you keep the rear foot from spinning out when you load into it? I'm noticing this in all my throws and can't seem to stop. I assume I'm loading incorrectly in the backswing and this is probably a power leak.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclevince View Post
Sidewinder, how do you keep the rear foot from spinning out when you load into it? I'm noticing this in all my throws and can't seem to stop. I assume I'm loading incorrectly in the backswing and this is probably a power leak.
Resist the foot turning in the backswing(which extends the knee and turns/loads the hip) and stay in balance.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-24-2017, 11:06 PM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

More of the same I fear...

Old 04-24-2017, 11:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Yeah, you are striding like 45 degrees leftward instead of straight, so you just kind of go fall around your plant leg instead of pivoting/swiveling the hips. Your rear heel goes airborne in the start of your backswing so it spins(rear foot is completely backward to target), when it should go down/weight back into firmly planted rear foot about 45 degrees angled from backward. Then your rear heel goes back down as you plant the front foot when it should be going up/weight forward. Your rear knee is also fully extended throughout your transition. You should be squatting in the transition and getting lower to angulate/leverage yourself forward.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:42 PM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for the clarification on the rear heel. I read somewhere to never let the rear heel touch the ground so that's where that was coming from. Seems better now.

As far as shifting left goes... Any clue on why I'm doing that? I'm pretty well lost as it feels straight to me but obviously isn't. The only thing I can think of is I typically aim left for a slightly pulled shot instead of directly on my intended line. I've had problems with this ever since I started. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:15 PM
* Ace Member *

In an x-step bad things often happen when the rear heel goes on the ground, but it can still work when done right, just often harder to learn when that rear heel hits the ground hard in x-step - typically slows momentum down or gets in the way.

In a standstill, it's easier to have the heel down for the sake of balance and leverage and the fact you actually have to shift your weight backward away from the target. This is why in Reciprocating Dingle Arm and Turbo Encabulator I talk about both heels going back and forth - one goes up, the other goes down. Your weight shifts with your heels. See Double Can Crush in Bottles and Cans below - everything is mirrored in a standstill from backswing forward.

Feel ain't always real. It might feel straight because your rear foot is spinning. Butt Wipe Drill should help get the correct feeling. You also need to relax your arm and let your body do the work to release it. Your elbow starts high then drops, working against centripetal force. If your body turn whips the arm it will get pulled taut upward/outward from centripetal force.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Still working on sequencing. I seem to learn faster focusing on familiar, positive feelings. Are you supposed to feel like your arm is being stretched back before you start the forward pull? Almost feels like someone pulling back on it. I've noticed a pulling/stretching feeling in my lower right lat muscle as well, sometimes it's a little sore the next day like I've done a workout or something. I'm hoping these are clues that I'm getting on the front leg better before pulling.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Kind of, do the the Door Frame Drills and leverage your rear leg against the door frame using your weight like a tug of war.