Old 02-06-2019, 03:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,990 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisugawa View Post
Because, to my game, a Tesla and a Crave are very different discs, and the sum of both of them cannot be replaced by a single mold. The flights and shots allowed me by a 9 speed slightly overstable distance driver and 6 speed slightly understable fairway driver cannot be combined into an 8 speed slightly overstable fairway.

At least for me. Your experience may obviously be different than my own.
its alright i was blind once too but now i can see
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-06-2019, 11:57 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 116 Times in 70 Posts

looks like Dave Feldberg is throwing the Axiom Mayhem, he says its one of his longest flyers and for distance rollers.

Saw it on the infinite discs in the bag video

Old 02-07-2019, 11:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 600 Times in 440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
looks like Dave Feldberg is throwing the Axiom Mayhem, he says its one of his longest flyers and for distance rollers.

Saw it on the infinite discs in the bag video
Seriously? Why is Dave doin that? That's awesome. Link? and yeah Mayhem truly is a beast. Same with Octane (and teleport/tantrum)

A lot of folks still think MVP and AXIOM aren't worth their time. heck I THOUGHT that just 2 years ago. but I was at the local store and the owner was asking me if I ever tried an ATOM (it had just come out a couple months earlier only in Electron medium) I was like 'no?' But I checked it out and was like, ehhh feels nice it was only $12 so I figured whatever ----I thought MAYBE itll be a nice backyard tosser if I don't like it

Well....I liked it. A ton. Now I own a stack of Atoms and a bunch of Gyro . It changed my game for sure.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Par Member

Niced 101 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
its alright i was blind once too but now i can see
<Thread Swerve>
whether or not intended, this references a great album; the only Dream Theater album I like and still have. They never have replaced what Kevin did for them IMO.
</Thread Swerve>

elmex, I can throw the ion of the tee 210-230, but it really torques my on my index finger so that the proxy and envy, which go 220-235 have become preferable due to less torque on the finger. I also find the proxy to be more HSS than the ion despite having less LSS (as in travels less horizontally while dropping to the ground). The ion is my putter putter of choice though. Maybe I need a grip lesson.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 69
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLaForce2002 View Post
Maybe I need a grip lesson.
Mmmm, nah. The Envy/Proxy are the best driving putters on the market, you nailed it.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 6
Niced 541 Times in 292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post

you literally dont need any other discs besides a plaz volt and a plaz ion if you know what to do and can modify your throw for the shot if you cant you use wheelchairs of other discs to compensate for lack of ability and talent
Then why do you carry that beloved wasp around?????

Old 02-09-2019, 01:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 803 Times in 558 Posts

I got an order ready to move next week.. Bunch more discs I don't need haha. No one would tell me how awesome the plasma Axis is... so I bought one.. Really tempted to buy a second but I'm already over 100 bucks. Or a heavier Photon fission but maybe a lighter plasma Tesla is better. Maybe I should stop looking and do some work.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Maybe I should stop looking and do some work.
Buy less, throw more

Old 02-09-2019, 11:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 803 Times in 558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
Buy less, throw more
Yes that is sage advice... I still can't really throw hard for another week or two, there's snow here, I've been working 12 days straight and my order of Envys got stalled at the border. I'm just stir crazy!

Actually it's all been pretty smart purchases, I probably didn't need those 2 x 10yr Ions but I think I had a hoarding moment! Plasma Axis and a backup 143 fission Photon... nothing crazy.. Yet.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 460 Times in 282 Posts

I also have moments of weakness where I give in to retail therapy. I read regularly (about a book per week), and used to buy way more books then I could reasonably get through. Silver lining with that is I'm a kindle reader, so at least I don't have stacks of unread books taking up space throughout my house. Since taking up disc golf, I've noticed that I typically sate that buying urge with a new disc or two. So while I have made my unread e-book stack more manageable, I still buy stuff that I don't really need. But hey, at least it's not hookers and drugs, right?

All that being said, while buying backups of a mold you already use may seem smarter than buying new molds, it still can turn out to be a dumb decision in the end. I learned that the hard way. I accumulated a stack of 7 Roc3's in my first year of playing, in a variety of plastic types. Then I tried an Emac Truth for the first time, and found it to be more wind resistant, easier to range, more comfortable in the hand, and frankly just a better workhorse mid than a Roc3 in just about every way. I was shocked...and also pissed at myself for buying way more Rocs than I needed.

Niced: (2)
Closed Thread