Old 04-03-2019, 05:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 40
Niced 182 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefKoolaid View Post
I do agree they're shorter than my D2s as well. But respond better on days Im not throwing as well.
Maybe I got a weird one because I feel like mine doesn't know whether it's under or overstable. Feels kind of touchy and doesn't respond well to a hard rip. Cool disc either way and I'll still mess around with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
The D2 is a 13 speed isn’t it?
Not sure on speed, DGC.com has them listed as speed 13, but other charts have them listed with destroyers or as a speed 12 disc. I'm inclined to say they may be 13, but really don't feel larger in the hand than anything else speed 12.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 135 Times in 83 Posts

https://imgur.com/a/dTMvc11

I cant get the insert img feature to work but heres pics of the possible ti blend kong,
Plastic has a slight metallic sheen to it and metalflakes. I have a purple one too. Both are more translucent when held to a light source than my other 6 non ti kongs.

And I think imgur compressed the pics so you can't see the metal flake. Sigh...

As for the D2 its definitely a speed 13, rim is wider than destroyers and Kongs. Same size as the Boss.

Last edited by ChefKoolaid; 04-03-2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Cant get pix to work
Old 04-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 185 Times in 99 Posts

Received my Kongs that I had ordered from Infinite's restock.

Worth noting that I think Discraft was pushing hard to fill these orders, because there are a few malformations in these discs. 1 has about a 1mm dent in the middle of the wing with a "cut" at the center of it, almost like someone hit it with their fingernail while it was still cooling. Another has a shallow little pockmarks along the top of the wing near where the wing/flight plate meet. All 3 had strands of plastic hanging off the PLH that could be pulled off (This one in particular is obviously not problematic in the least, just indicates that the "finishing" touch they usually put on discs was hastily done or missed on some).

Feel like one or two should have been caught at the factory and marked as X-outs. Discraft may have been scrambling to restock merchants and meet demand for these proto kongs.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:35 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 27
Niced 116 Times in 70 Posts

Im sure they would be happy to replace it if you kindly emailed them pictures of the defects.

Most companies i have dealt with are more than happy to replace things like that.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.7
Courses Played: 29
Niced 24 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Im sure they would be happy to replace it if you kindly emailed them pictures of the defects.

Most companies i have dealt with are more than happy to replace things like that.
Yeah I’m positive they would.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 16
Niced 185 Times in 99 Posts

You are probably right, but the 2 effected were the prettiest and swirliest of the 3. So I'll probably keep em

To be 100% honest, I don't mind throwing factory 2nd, and I doubt it will really impact the flight at all. I was just commenting on the fact that discraft may be leaking out some slightly imperfect product in an effort to get these in circulation.

I also wanted people to be aware that defects are out there in this latest run, and if it does bother you, make sure you inspect before you buy!
Old 04-05-2019, 03:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 138 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
You are probably right, but the 2 effected were the prettiest and swirliest of the 3. So I'll probably keep em

To be 100% honest, I don't mind throwing factory 2nd, and I doubt it will really impact the flight at all. I was just commenting on the fact that discraft may be leaking out some slightly imperfect product in an effort to get these in circulation.

I also wanted people to be aware that defects are out there in this latest run, and if it does bother you, make sure you inspect before you buy!
From others experiences, they allow you to keep the defective ones at the same time sending you new ones.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-05-2019, 06:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 90
Niced 101 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
From others experiences, they allow you to keep the defective ones at the same time sending you new ones.
This is my experience as well. I had a messed up Big Z heat from a misprint box. I sent an email and the next day a new Big Z heat was in the mail and email said to keep the other.

Discraft doesn't do factory seconds. If a disc has flaws they get recycled back into the another disc. They do that check before the hot stamping. And, with all companies mistakes do make it through the QC check, but they will make it right.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 707 Times in 552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt17073 View Post
This is my experience as well. I had a messed up Big Z heat from a misprint box. I sent an email and the next day a new Big Z heat was in the mail and email said to keep the other.

Discraft doesn't do factory seconds. If a disc has flaws they get recycled back into the another disc. They do that check before the hot stamping. And, with all companies mistakes do make it through the QC check, but they will make it right.
Discraft used to sell all sorts of factory seconds. I have quite a few of them.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 138 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt17073 View Post

they definitely do factory seconds. i see misprints all the time up on the site. They also don’t have a recycled plastic lineup so is all plastic ultimately recycled plastic even though there isn’t a specific plastic line up for recycled?

Niced: (1)