Old 06-17-2019, 11:55 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 77 Times in 44 Posts

Understable molds are probably gonna get slaughtered: Maul, Falchion, Fury, Jade, etc.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-18-2019, 05:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,508 Times in 862 Posts

Paige P throws the Suspect alot, and so do many DD Team players. . Strange disc to take OOP

DD does not have anything else like the Suspect or the Slammer . . .give Paige a Zone?
Old 06-18-2019, 06:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 312 Times in 183 Posts

The Verdict is DD's best disc!
Old 06-18-2019, 06:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,508 Times in 862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
The Verdict is DD's best disc!
One of, yes . . .and the Suspect is really nice.

It would be fun to know, if these 12 moulds is only 10% of DD sales. . .what DO sell?

If you look at different sales list. . there is drivers and more drivers. . . i have over 500 disc but very few drivers
Old 06-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Par Member

Niced 198 Times in 71 Posts

The statements about how people rarely lose mids and putters and therefore rarely have to buy and replace them seems to be a pretty key component. Tells me we can expect all companies to continue to focus on drivers as those disc will naturally sell more.

I wonder if the understable stuff will be a little safer than we expect from Lat and Westside. We know that those discs fly more stable in Sweden and Finland (hence the numbers accuracy complaints in the USA), so maybe some of the flippy stuff sales better than we think over there.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:25 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,209 Times in 1,624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Yeah, Latitude could cut a whole bunch. They have so much redundancy right now it isn't funny.

Missilen
Raketen
Gladiator
Havoc
Knight OR Bolt. One or the other
Villain OR Riot. Or or the other
Halo

I don't see how any retailer could possibly stock all the molds L64 has.
My belief is that retailers do not stock ALL of the molds, anyway, so IMHO that talk is excuse-making. As to your list above, I agree on most of them, but the Havoc may survive as it is not unpopular.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:29 AM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryTuffskins View Post
Understable molds are probably gonna get slaughtered: Maul, Falchion, Fury, Jade, etc.
Agree. The Jade may survive; it is very popular with beginners and young (meaning under 18) players. But I do ear for the Falchion and Fury. They are great molds, but they're understable, and understable discs are being targeted for OOP destruction.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:02 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,579 Times in 934 Posts

I mean they simply did the Discraft thing of "it doesn't sell so it's gone." They don't have the warehouse space to stock it and they won't have the ability to get another run of them scheduled when they run out because they are going to keep introducing new discs. They didn't target mids or understable stuff; they cut what didn't sell. It turns out for them, it was mostly mids and understable stuff that wasn't selling. Will that stand across the board for the other two brands? We shall see.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:19 AM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I mean they simply did the Discraft thing of "it doesn't sell so it's gone." They don't have the warehouse space to stock it and they won't have the ability to get another run of them scheduled when they run out because they are going to keep introducing new discs. They didn't target mids or understable stuff; they cut what didn't sell. It turns out for them, it was mostly mids and understable stuff that wasn't selling. Will that stand across the board for the other two brands? We shall see.
I believe that in general sales were what drove their decisions, but there are a few things about their statements we can pick at, to wit:

As an example, taking the Patrol OOP after it was the Trilogy Challenge disc last year and has only been a production disc for a few months is an issue: they never gave that disc a chance to show if it was going to have good sales or not; it's simply too soon to tell.

And from what I'm reading here on these boards, was the Suspect a bottom-10%-selling disc for them?

And like someone above in this thread said, for Rusco to say the Verdict was on the edge... really?

As you said, we shall see, especially when Lat64 and Westside make their cuts....

Old 06-18-2019, 10:28 AM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I believe that in general sales were what drove their decisions, but there are a few things about their statements we can pick at, to wit:

As an example, taking the Patrol OOP after it was the Trilogy Challenge disc last year and has only been a production disc for a few months is an issue: they never gave that disc a chance to show if it was going to have good sales or not; it's simply too soon to tell.

And from what I'm reading here on these boards, was the Suspect a bottom-10%-selling disc for them?

And like someone above in this thread said, for Rusco to say the Verdict was on the edge... really?

As you said, we shall see, especially when Lat64 and Westside make their cuts....