#1  
Old 10-12-2019, 09:29 PM
CManzione CManzione is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1991 Aviar Disc

I have this classic Innova putter and would like to find something like it. Any suggestions?
Image attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2546.jpg (134.3 KB, 123 views)
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2019, 09:53 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,634
Niced 1,449 Times in 745 Posts
Default

That stamp's called a Chains Aviar. If it has a small bead, the Millennium Omega (not the big bead version) is the current version of the mold. If it has no bead, the Aviar P&A is the current version of the mold.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2019, 03:57 PM
CManzione CManzione is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Thanks / bead?

What do you mean by bead?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2019, 04:03 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,919
Niced 979 Times in 375 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CManzione View Post
What do you mean by bead?
This shows and explains a bead vs no bead. Look at the rim on the bottom of the discs.

https://www.discmania.net/blogs/disc...x-vs-p2-vs-p3x

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2019, 04:03 PM
JC17393 JC17393 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 7,884
Niced 3,829 Times in 1,580 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CManzione View Post
What do you mean by bead?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2019, 04:07 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,919
Niced 979 Times in 375 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Big bead,

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is online now
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,757
Niced 789 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
That stamp's called a Chains Aviar. If it has a small bead, the Millennium Omega (not the big bead version) is the current version of the mold. If it has no bead, the Aviar P&A is the current version of the mold.

I thought if the mold had no bead, the Classic Grid Aviar was the current version of the mold? Am I wrong and actually thinking of the Grid Aviar of the late 1990's?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-14-2019, 11:16 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,230
Niced 2,576 Times in 933 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I thought if the mold had no bead, the Classic Grid Aviar was the current version of the mold? Am I wrong and actually thinking of the Grid Aviar of the late 1990's?
The Putt and Approach Aviar and the grid stamped "Classic" Aviar are the same beadless mold. The Classic Aviar is made in a stiffer DX plastic and tends to have a little less fade compared to the regular Putt and Approach version. It's not a huge difference, but a noticeable difference. At any rate, they are both the current beadless Aviar mold and both would be a good replacement for an old Chains Aviar.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-2019, 01:00 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,841
Niced 574 Times in 302 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
The Putt and Approach Aviar and the grid stamped "Classic" Aviar are the same beadless mold. The Classic Aviar is made in a stiffer DX plastic and tends to have a little less fade compared to the regular Putt and Approach version. It's not a huge difference, but a noticeable difference. At any rate, they are both the current beadless Aviar mold and both would be a good replacement for an old Chains Aviar.
Not an Aviar guy so be gentle, but didn't the P&As have a micro bead at some point?
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 10-16-2019, 01:10 PM
notroman's Avatar
notroman notroman is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Highland Park, IL
Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 209
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,698
Niced 316 Times in 170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Not an Aviar guy so be gentle, but didn't the P&As have a micro bead at some point?
Yeah, the chains stamps and hands stamps (as well as tourney stamps from that era) I think were micro bead before that mold went over to Millenium for the Omega.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1991 Chains Aviar, CE Firebird, Wraiths, and Others! disc-o maniac The Marketplace 9 04-09-2015 03:30 PM
1991 Chains Aviar FOR SALE!!! devin_707 The Marketplace 4 12-19-2014 12:01 PM
1991 Chains Aviar, 06 USDGC Claw Roc barstampbuzzz The Marketplace 5 05-31-2012 12:12 AM
$25 used 1991 CHAINS AVIAR rj29274 The Marketplace 5 02-16-2012 05:50 PM
supersoft good condition 1991 Aviar "chains Stamp" disc-o maniac The Marketplace 6 07-09-2009 11:31 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.